PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From - ALL ACCESS... Donte Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I'm very excited about what stallworth will add to this offense.

I'm very confident brady and him will work well together, and between him and welker and washington joining caldwell and gaffney and jackson, not to mention watson, there should be alot of talent available for brady to work with. I think we're gonna see alot of scoring.

Pedant. HTH.

Yeah, I'll concede I'm being mildly pedantic. In fact, I think I did in my original post.

But you gotta admit -- "intensive purposes"? Anyone can mistype "you're" for "your" or incorrectly spell a word or liberally add apostrophes where they don't belong. It's a little different to freely use nonsensical phrases. I'm sure I do it myself, but I also invite any want-to-be-pendants to correct me. No offense taken. I promise.

Last edited:
Bethal Jackson will be playing fot the Texans this time next year.

Why post something this ignorant?

Yes, comparing Bethel Johnson to Chad Jackson is ignorant. Jackson, at least, knows how to run routes. Bethel Johnson doesn't.

you cant really count "the emergence of colston" as a reason why stallworth was traded....since stallworth was traded to the eagles before the season started...(i think, since i did see his long td against the texans in week 1)

One of the reasons that Stallworth was traded was indeed the emergence of Colston during TC.

Another reason was the arrival of a new sherriff in town, Sean Payton. He understood that the Saints, using Hurricane Katrina as an excuse, were an undisciplined organization under Jim Haslett. 2 of the players who were not exactly self-disciplined were Jonathan Sullivan and Dante Stallworth. As a new HC, Payton was not beholden to anyone, regardless of a player's draft status, salary or place on the depth chart. He wanted to send a message: those who were not dedicated 100% to his team, would soon no longer be members of his team. The Saints needed LB help, this is true; but Mark Simoneau could have been acquired from Philly for a low-round draft pick.

The pats were wise not to give Stallworth, or underachieving Kelley Washington, anything longer than a one-year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes