PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Friday Out-Takes: Season Kickoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was practically at the end, so thanks! And it was specified as an out-on-a-limb pick. Appreciate you reading, though.

It's unbelieveable. Everybody thinks Aaron Rodgers will be the MVP. Why?
Have people forgot how Brady played before the injury? beeing now two years removed from it?
Have people forgot how well Manning plays in the regular season?
How, since VY started, the Titans are actually a good team, and CJ can actually be a MVP contender?
There's still Brees, Adrian Peterson(who has now a best chance because of the Sidney Rice injury), Rivers...
I could bet my life that Aaron Rodgers WON'T be the mvp. The kid is good, no disrespect, but I think he just ain't elite.

I think you misspelled PATS. I know you typed JETS, but I'm pretty certain that you've got a virus in your system that won't let the word PATS be typed in regards to AFC East Champion standings. Personally, I'd check to see if it was a Trojan named RRYAN, but since it was a "screw it up royally and then run away" Trojan, I'd also check for PCARROL as the name of the file. :D

Otherwise, nice column. And yeah, I can see KC taking it's division.

I could bet my life that Aaron Rodgers WON'T be the mvp. The kid is good, no disrespect, but I think he just ain't elite.

I think all of the players you listed are very good, all perfectly arguable. But the idea that Rodgers isn't, and that he "just ain't elite" is absurd.

John - another nice piece.

For those of us who can scarcely believe that the Patriots won even one Super Bowl, never mind three, managing our own emotions and expectations can be a matter of survival.

By the way, I think your predictions are perfectly ludicrous. Which is probably good, given the way things have gone recently in the NFL.

I didnt know it was you that was the writer. I didnt associate the name on the byline.

The AFC West has deterioted quite a bit, including the Chargers.... Injuries are a main concern, moreso than ever before, with most teams.
I can not see any team with Matt Cassel at quarterback, other than the 2008 Patriots, winning a division. And they didn't.

I can see a Cassel-led team winning a division title. I can see the Chiefs winning the AFC West. Doesn't mean it will happen, but that's why they play the game. :)

John - another nice piece.

For those of us who can scarcely believe that the Patriots won even one Super Bowl, never mind three, managing our own emotions and expectations can be a matter of survival.

By the way, I think your predictions are perfectly ludicrous. Which is probably good, given the way things have gone recently in the NFL.

LOL, Zeus, thanks for the nice words and I TOTALLY GET the "perfectly ludicrous" thing.

I think one of the more ludicrous is the Patriots and Titans as Wild Card teams, but I see Tennessee as having gone 8-2 once Vince returned and as one of those teams, like last year's Bengals, that you don't see coming. Odds are better that a team LIKE this year's Bengals will cop a wild card spot, but...oh well, it is what it is. (Someone said that once...)

As for the Chiefs, I just think the AFC West STINKS, and I didn't want to play it safe and opt for the Chargers, especially given the issues they have, and even MORE especially, given the head coach they have.

I appreciate you reading the column in the spirit intended -- just fun, not taking itself too seriously, particularly when win-loss predictions are involved! ;)

I didnt know it was you that was the writer. I didnt associate the name on the byline.

The AFC West has deterioted quite a bit, including the Chargers.... Injuries are a main concern, moreso than ever before, with most teams.
I can not see any team with Matt Cassel at quarterback, other than the 2008 Patriots, winning a division. And they didn't.

I Bleed Blue, no problem at all. I'm a big boy and can always use the critical eye of an objective reader. As for Cassel, I don't know what he might do. Could be he was just lucky as Hell to be armed with Moss and Welker. Then again, with Weis there and some decent, young, if unproven, weapons, maybe he can stake a claim to that crappy division.

Of course, anything is possible, however, I can't see a Cassel led team that does not have the offensive ammunition the Pats had, winning anything, at least not yet.

Anything while not probable, is always possible.

I just think San Diego may not be that good this season, making the division more up for grabs than people think.

I just think San Diego may not be that good this season, making the division more up for grabs than people think.

I have to agree with you about this. the Chargers just seemed flat this pre-season, and nothing I've read or seen about them from any of their training camp videos or interviews makes me nervous about them. Despite the hype and the pedigree, the Chargers could easily go 9-7 or even 8-8 this year. I. Kid. You. Not. :cool:

I have decided to start reading your columns. At first I wouldn't because you are such an ass to Jet Fans, which I can understand although I do not support such attitudes. You have been consistant and you have skills and my respect.

You are an asset to the board. Wish you would post more then just pimpen your articles.

yeah...must be tough to take...OUR attitudes here:ugh:...BTW, what's the state flower where YOU live...Oregano?:biggrin2:

yeah...must be tough to take...OUR attitudes here:ugh:...BTW, what's the state flower where YOU live...Oregano?:biggrin2:

No. It's the orange highway cone.....

In Jersey it's the concrete barrier. :rocker:

Last edited:

============================================

#1 cash crop is marijuana, as far as flower goes, I am going to go with the Oregon Grape.

I have no problem with attitude here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey