Friday Injury Report: Mayo and Green-Ellis Questionable

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Friday Injury Report: Mayo and Green-Ellis Questionable
By: Derek Havens

The New England Patriots released their injury report Friday afternoon, as the team prepares for Sunday's battle against Dallas. ...

I will be pretty nervous if Mayo is out there on Sunday.

I will be pretty nervous if Mayo is out there on Sunday.

Right, I know Law from will play but Mayo already upgraded to "Questionable" is a little rattling....

I'd rather Jerod sit this out. Give him plenty of rest. Hopefully we'll need him come January.

That's an enormous list of questionables.
12 guys questionable?

Josh Barrett out again with a thumb injury? He could miss more games than Hernandez with the knee. That's probably more of a need vs. severity thing.

I doubt they'd put Mayo out there if he wasn't ready.

That's an enormous list of questionables.
12 guys questionable?

Josh Barrett out again with a thumb injury? He could miss more games than Hernandez with the knee. That's probably more of a need vs. severity thing.

I believe he also has a hamstring injury. If it's just the thumb, then its a little curious.

I don't think he's ready and I don't think they'll put him out there. Mayo for a 16 game season plus playoffs is invaluable. A worst case scenario of a potential loss to an NFC team is easily recoverable.

The other way to look at this is to have as many as possible get some playing time, even if it is limited, knowing that you have the bye week coming up. The CBA makes the bye week a light-hitting period anyway - two days in pads I think, so the best way to get some game-speed reps is against Dallas.

The most disconcerting is BJGE with turf toe, just as he emerged as a major threat on par with the passing game. Bummer.

There's nothing to be gained playing Mayo this week. The Patriots have the bye next week. Let him get another week's worth of recovery then maul the Steelers.

Last edited:
Do we know it's turf toe and not some other kind of less serious toe injury?

yeah...I'm hoping it's "Rex toe"...in which case it'd be about as bad as a case of the sniffles.......

Many people felt (in hindsight) that Mayo rushed himself out a little too quickly after being injured in his second season, and the remainder of his 2009 performance (compared to a healthy Jerod) supported that. I give him all the credit for trying to get back and help his team in 2009, and knowing his intensity, he gave it all he had. But it was only two weeks into a 4-6 week estimated return.... sound familiar? It should, because it's what he's doing again in 2011.

As much as I'd love to see him out there, I hope it's not before he's ready. I'd settle for one more game without Mayo to increase the likely hood of having him back closer to 100% for the rest of the season.

If he really is ready then he can't return quickly enough!

Please don't play mayo..please

Mayo is a gladiator. Looking forward to seeing him on the field. One of the toughest players in the NFL.

I'd rather have him rested and 100% ready for the JETS.....

Do any of us truly know the severity of mayo's injury?

NO!
The Patriots is a professional organization. They know better than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back