Welcome to PatsFans.com

french prez does cool thing.....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Jun 22, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

Now they'll try to cut his head off.

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

In general, when it comes to their handling of religions, whether Muslim, Christian, or others, the French have been great. For instance, they only allowed the Catholic Church to retain control of Notre Dame if they would open it up to the public and allow tours. Their separation of church and state is ahead of ours.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

ummm....no

French National Holidays, Festivals, Religious Celebrations

france is decidedly christian......4 of their 11 national holidays are based on christianity, and one of those is decidedly catholic (assumption)

they also have 6 floating holidays ALL of which are christian, and 2 of those are decidedly catholic (ascencion and pentecost)

they do not have a single holiday based on any other religion

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

Good muslim
    bad christian

martin luther king jr was a christian and a man of god he spoke often of jesus mary and joseph his followers believe he is in heaven now watching over them, many members of the reverend martin luther kings church believe that martin had much to do with the election of barack hussein obama, the first black/white president.

Praise jesus god christ almighty god lord.

6. Patters

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

Yes, they have holidays, but most of those are legacies that I think have held onto by national unions and the like. The French I think are less religious than we are in general. That does not mean there is no religion.

7. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

they are french........what do you expect........52 percent of all french call themselves roman catholic.......and 80 percent of those people don't believe there is a god......make of it what you want......

on one hand, there is the point of freedom of religion, so if those people wear those garments, there should be nothing wrong with it......no more so than a make wearing a turban

on the other hand, I can understand the force behind the perception.......my biggest concern would be that these women will simply not be let out of the house now

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

That's a good point, but the nonetheless I do like how the French have cracked down on some of the repressive elements of religion, and believe me that I'm no fan of Sarkozy.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

Are Burkhas allowed in America?? have seen plenty of head scarves, but never a Burkha or are they culturally controlled.

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

:singing::singing: Burka's in America those MTV a$s holes walk around with their tits and their a$ses hanging out, have you ever watched a 'gay pride parade' with men prancing around in garter belts and panty hose, kids wear burka's on halloween, you can wear anything in America except a Cross, they don't like that, they don't like Jesus H Christ Almighty.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

And this has to do with this how????

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

I misunderstood your post I thought you were saying "America didn't allow Burka's" once in awhile I'm wrong....:D

13. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I just thought he was trying to spin the way you always do

14. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Is Sarkozy also against Orthodox Jews wearing the little hats on their heads? If not then this is religious bigotry on his part.

15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

Yes, a couple of years ago i was taking a class at a local college, I had to take a bus from the satalite parking lot. When we got to the school i walked of the bus with my head down when i looked up i was face to face with someone wearing a burkha, for a millie second i couldn't comprehend what i was looking at, it scared the hell out of me. Who ever she was i could only see her eyes through a slit in the black burkha.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  16. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

the only problem with this is the family who completely chooses to live by this standard where the woman is emancipated in every other way, but simply chooses to don the traditional garb based on her beliefs........granted, it is likely a small percentage, but this is what happens when you start telling people what they can or cannot wear........

I still think that you will just see half of these women disappear from public outings altogether.......so instead of wearing the garb, they will be under 'house arrest'......not sure if this is constitutional in france, but I believe in the spirit of the act.......it will have to be proven that the wearing of the clothes itself is an infringement on someones rights........