Freeman: Other teams finally understanding DFG is bad for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Azzwipe Mike Freeman actually manages to write something somewhat coherent and sensible:

I spoke to many of these same sources, 10 interviewed in total, and they now have completely the opposite view. They believe the NFL got the investigation wrong—or mostly wrong—and that the Patriots never cheated. They believe that's the new consensus around the league.

What they say next is even more staggering.

"I hate the Patriots. I despise them," said one NFC team executive, who like everyone else interviewed, asked to remain anonymous for fear of angering the league office. "But they really should get those picks back."

The reason, though, is a selfish one. Players, coaches and executives have come to view the Patriots' situation as a referendum on commissioner power. Many of the sources I spoke to used the same word: "railroaded." As in, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell railroadedthe Patriots. As in, the commissioner used his power unfairly and arbitrarily.

They think, in effect, that what happened to the Patriots could happen to any of them.

It's not that they have sympathy for the Patriots. It's about fear of Goodell's power. If Goodell can punish the most influential franchise in football so harshly based on questionable science and investigations, they wonder, then what does that mean for the rest of us?

Rival Exec: 'The Patriots Should Get Those Picks Back'

Send this to the 2nd circuit appeals court. Asssholes. Even the corrupt NFL officials realize the way the commissioner does things is f*cked up.

Sadly, bold words stated at a point when the picks are already lost (ie., no way the NFL shows up days later and says "Just kidding. Here are your picks back.").

Teams should be and probably are a bit worried after this debacle that their turn on this discipline wheel may one day come. When that day comes, fewer and fewer teams will be available as allies to cry foul after eating unwarranted sanctions for little or nothing.

Last edited:
If Goodell has enough nerve to enter NE, I'll get us a # 1 pick.

I'll pick his #1 and shove it up his #2.

Fans of other teams should feel the same way too. Yea it's real cool to constantly call the Pats cheaters and use asterisks everywhere because everyone hates them, but just wait until it's your team's head on the chopping block and it's your team getting the death penalty for speeding (looking at you, KC). Maybe then you'll see how much of a mess the league is

Meh. All just part of the league propaganda. Now that they've taken everything they want, they'll pretend they have a conscience.

Azzwipe Mike Freeman actually manages to write something somewhat coherent and sensible:

Rival Exec: 'The Patriots Should Get Those Picks Back'
Glad to see that someone - anyone - out in the larger football world finally sees the core problem. Goodell is a random destruction machine that could as easily turm on them as on the Patriots. [Although, there is a certain bias at NYJFL HQ for preferentially bearing down on the Pats.]

once the deflategate process is truly completed, then you will see things change.......right now, the minions are having too much fun watching the '1%' getting pulled down

bingo.gif

Fans of other teams should feel the same way too. Yea it's real cool to constantly call the Pats cheaters and use asterisks everywhere because everyone hates them, but just wait until it's your team's head on the chopping block and it's your team getting the death penalty for speeding (looking at you, KC). Maybe then you'll see how much of a mess the league is

Apparently, NY fans have nothing to worry about.:rolleyes:

It's clear that, for whatever reason, some NFL teams enjoy "favored" status and others . . . not so much. Pretty clear where New England is.

"I hate the Patriots. I despise them," said one NFC team executive, who like everyone else interviewed, asked to remain anonymous............

Do you think the hate may come from the Pat's insane win loss record over the NFC in these last 15 years?

It's clear that, for whatever reason, some NFL teams enjoy "favored" status and others . . . not so much. Pretty clear where New England is.
I don't know why you think NY fans think their team is safe. Although the Bills are never really in the news one way or another. NJ fans definitively get some huge breaks with plenty of the league's front office working in NJ for the Jets at one point or another.

remember when that that jet player richardson got pulled over for doing 110 with a kid in the backseat and massive clouds of the ganja, and then got punished and/or drug tested? that me either.

"I hate the Patriots. I despise them," said one NFC team executive, who like everyone else interviewed, asked to remain anonymous............

Do you think the hate may come from the Pat's insane win loss record over the NFC in these last 15 years?

Actually they flat-out admit it in the article:

We should clarify several things before we go further. First, many of these team officials still despise the Patriots. Mostly, they admit, because the Patriots win. But also because they think the Patriots skirt the rules more than other teams, though there's no proof of this.

I have no problem with other teams thinking that Patriots skirt the rules more than other teams -- because they admit there is no proof, just a suspicion, and that it also shows that they know other teams skirt the rules too.

Actually they flat-out admit it in the article:

I have no problem with other teams thinking that Patriots skirt the rules more than other teams -- because they admit there is no proof, just a suspicion, and that it also shows that they know other teams skirt the rules too.

Actually, I think it is a textbook case of projection. Their teams skirt the rules so they assume that others are doing so as well.

I don't know why you think NY fans think their team is safe. Although the Bills are never really in the news one way or another. NJ fans definitively get some huge breaks with plenty of the league's front office working in NJ for the Jets at one point or another.

Yeah. NY fans seem to be pretty well represented in the league office. Plus, if a NY NFL player is unfairly disciplined by the league, they can seek relief in a NY federal court.

I don't think NY fans are losing any sleep worrying that their teams/players will ever be mistreated by the NFL.

This just about says it all:

"I hate the Patriots. I despise them," said one NFC team executive, who like everyone else interviewed, asked to remain anonymous for fear of angering the league office. "But they really should get those picks back."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back