Welcome to PatsFans.com

Freedom of Choice Act

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Nov 6, 2008.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The Bulletin - Philadelphia's Family Newspaper - Obama Closing Catholic Hospitals?

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

We knew he was a baby killer when we elected him. This isn't a shocker unfortunately.

3. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I just read the proposed bill. It would in fact not close Catholic Hospitals. In fact the law would do nothing other but pass a federal law that placed on the books less protect for a women's right to choose than is granted under Roe v. Wade. The only thing that this bill would do is, IF the S. Ct overturned Roe, then the protections of Roe would still exist under federal law.

So if this does wind up being the first item on Obama's agenda I will be sorely disappointed because its passage would be largely empty rhetoric.

4. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Im sorry, but your opinion is tainted and slanted because you actually READ THE BILL. We dont allow that on this forum. You must blurt out things like
    "Obama will close all Catholic Hospitals" when nowhere is that mentioned or implied even in the conservative article.

btw, I disagree with Obama on the abortion issue. I am Pro-Life. That is one of the few positions i lean closer to the G.O.P. But politics is more than one issue. And the G.O.P. wont overturn Roe anyway, they never pushed it when they were in power so its not worth voting on that one issue alone anyway. They are all hypocrites, if the GOP thought it would win an election they would push it, like they pushed Gay marriage in 2004.

So while i disagee with Obama on this, im not going to lie about bills and voting records and what he has said in order to push my agenda.

Guys, try reading the bills before you post inane articles about them.