Welcome to PatsFans.com

Free Speech

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Freedom Of Speech--America--The Constitution--Civil Liberties--Constitutional Rights:

Aren't those the things we always hear the Left Wing Liberals raving about.

Attack on free speech - BostonHerald.com
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 5 / -1

We all cherish freedom of speech. And you know what? Sometimes freedom of speech motivates people to do horrible things and thats what we all should have known from the get go.

Still freedom of speech should always be something we preserve and cherish. Infringing on it because we don't necessarily like what one says....FASCISM. Fascism is a tool of the left and the right and boy do they love it when it favors their platform.

However of course we would never ever ever call US laws fascist!!!
  3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I wish that were true; but I don't really think that most Americans understand what freedom of speech actually means. As evidenced by speech-involved things like this that happen every few years, we always want clamp down on things in reaction to tragedies. Freedom of speech ISN'T being protected from what you disagree with, don't want to hear, or are even offended by. This is not a political thing either, this is just something I've noticed that happens in American society.
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 2 / -1

Bingo. Not surprisingly, though, the "subject" of that editorial was about as flimsy as they come -- just more politicization of this attack, I suppose.