Welcome to PatsFans.com

Free Bikes (ha ha wine money)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 28, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

Free Bikes for homeless people because they can't afford the bus,,,,,,:singing:,,,as soon as the loony ding dong do-gooders who handed out the free bikes are out of sight the recipiants of this glorious gesture will sell the bike and make a bee line for the nearest "wine shop" some of them will keep their bikes for a day or two and have head on collisions with trucks and each other.

Cambridge 911, get ready winos now have bikes............:rofl:

Bikes to be given to homeless, low-income residents during celebration - Cambridge, Massachusetts - Cambridge Chronicle
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +536 / 9 / -4

#24 Jersey

Once again, Harry, you need to read - I mean, really read.

The word "free" exists only in your imagination.

It seems highly unlikely that any of the people who signed up to earn these bicycles will be selling them. Maybe a few, sure, but not the majority. The bike are not gifts - they're payment.

Homeless and low-income community members, including members of the Men’s Health League, earn their bike by volunteering in the community for at least 10 hours and attending required bike safety education and basic bike maintenance training.

Liz Powers, founder and director of the LIFT Bike Project, said, “This event will be a celebration of the community coming together to support one another. All of the bikes were donated by the Cambridge DPW and all of the bikes were refurbished from volunteers. All of the recipients of the bikes gave back to the community through a range of service including caring for cancer patients, cleaning homeless shelters and keeping the local food bank stocked.”
  3. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

4. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hate philosophy plz don't get me started on the "what's imaginary. what is real MrsPFNVA? do tell us all.

So they gotta give back to community and volunteer in some manner to get the bike. Mrs I could go do that right now and once I suckered them in they will have no choice, but to give me the bike. Do you know of any good chop shops mrs around your area? Maybe I could stop in for some coffee before I get my chop $$$:cool:

at least 10 hrs? W/e... I get my bike if I play along :rocker: all these stupid training and maintenance courses are minor speed bumps in my quest for getting my bike. I can play nice i I have to:)

I can go on but I will not touch the material you set me up w/ in cancer patients and homeless shelters I am moving on.

Mrs I could play the game. Life is just a series games MrsPFNVA one must know which game and at what time it is going down:)

I'm still getting my chop shop money and you cannot stop me.

see you on the beach:cool:

YouTube - ‪Sonic Palms - On The Beach (Official Video HQ)‬‏
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +536 / 9 / -4

#24 Jersey

Yanno, I'll take you seriously and respond to you seriously when this statement is a bit closer to the truth.

Right now you're hovering around at least a 17% error rate, and that's not counting grammar mistakes.

Honestly, what you write is just too hard to read and translate into English to bother with.
  6. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love the title Harry my boy.

I just had a premonition to use WHINE instead, but your title suffices that need as I slowly typed this up.:) Seriously though who pays these liberals to Whine Harry or is my liberal Hyena simile spot on? I think I used a simile so much great comes out of me it is difficult to ascertain what I used in every moment:cool:

might as well use a "liberty" I have. I posses an impressive vocabulary and writing is extremely fun when I am in the argumentative mood .

I'm feeling this song today

see you on the beach:cool:

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  7. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I haven't been using it b/c I am at home. Why would I want my parents to hear my arguments? My room is in the middle of activity. Not to bad of a vocab for a lil man in his toddler twenties :p

I like dragon alot and the reason I bought it is b/c I am a slow and inefficient typist. By the time I finish what I want to on here I am in no mood to proof read and correct.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

It is called pride in doing what you do.. sloppiness is a sign of disrepect for all of us on this message board.

Perhaps you like that role???
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

The same sh!t heads that are passing out free bikes once had a "Condom Machine" in the lobby of City Hall, it may still be there for all I know, it was like a Coke Machine, you could buy some Condoms while you were waiting for your Birth Certificate.

I wonder if Jug Ears (excuse me, president obama) got some Condoms with his new birth certificate?

I think I will stop calling the President "Jug Ears" for awhile, he signed The Patriot Act.

:bricks:
  10. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hey Mrs. Pats fan in Virginia. You really want my Dragon naturally speaking on because right now it is on.:)

it will surely make typing easier. So as of today it's on. I will try to use it regularly, but my job starts soon and I am sure you will be at a loss without me around as frequently:cool:

Mrs. Pats fan in Virginia that is where I need to use Dragon more frequently. I never use it for the Internet and quite frankly I think I should after realizing that the political discussion grades your work like it is for some kind of seminar paper. If you want me to be this efficient then I will try to use the software more routinely:eek:

see you on the beach

:cool:
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

I thought everyone in college knew how to type along with a decent knowledge of how to use the english language, just when I thought there was hope for the future.. this. Pretty soon they will have butt wiping software for the truly lazy.
  12. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3.7's on written essays not good enough for you Darryl:confused:

I did not think that this forum was on the same level as graduating from college (something I aspire to conquer and am doing so :eek: omg
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -4

Is this government funded?

If not, how is it related to politics? and why do any of the critics give a ****?
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

The left Wing Liberal Loons of Cambridge are handing out the bikes on the steps of City Hall, the Moonbat Mayor is going to help them.

Attention Cambridge Drivers:
    CAUTION WINO ON BIKE AHEAD

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +536 / 9 / -4

#24 Jersey

No, as anyone who bothers to actually read would know, it is not. The bikes are provided through a non-profit organization known as LIFT. The LIFT Bike Project provides homeless and low-income LIFT clients living in the Cambridge area with free helmets, locks and refurbished bicycles. All of the bikes are used - they are donated by Cambridge DPW (which means they are bikes which someone threw out as unusable and the garbage men picked them up on their daily routes) and refurbished by volunteers.

Minimum wage in MA is currently $8.00. 10 hours of volunteer work at minimum wage would mean $80.00 of paid work. The people who receive the bikes are, effectively, paying $80.00 for a previously discarded bicycle.

I'd call that a pretty fair exchange.
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

If God gives you talent use it.. instead of insulting us with your gibberish.
  17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -4

You didn't answer either of my questions in your supposed reply.
  18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -4

which brings up the 2nd question...

Are the folks criticizing this also part of the right-wing contingent that says they believe in charity, just not government charity? If so, this undermines those claims.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

This sounds like one of those hand up, instead of a hand out things oftern heard about, but seldom operationalized.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

Loon Cambridge Massachusetts:

Sign On Liquor Store Window
    BIKES NOT ALLOWED IN STORE