PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free agent WRs. See anyone you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllabouttheVinces

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Now that we have an opening, let's look at who's out there. Slim pickings of mostly re-treads. Here's a sampling....

Derek Abney
Grant Adams (for you BC fans)
Kevin Dyson
Jamin Elliott
Antonio Freeman
Oronde Gadsden
Az-Zahir Hakim
Kevin Johnson
Freddie Mitchell (please, no!!!)
Ricky Proehl
Dez White

Finally, in the "old friends category":
Fred Coleman
Cedric James

I don't think BB would be interested in a #4 or 5 receiver unless he could also play special teams, hopefully KR or PR. Not sure there's anyone to fill that bill in the above list. Detroit recently passed on Hakim due to a knee injury.

Looks like another trade is coming, or a waiver wire pickup.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like Hakim and Dez White..Hakim is a good KR and pretty good WR and Dez can finally get a QB that passes well and not runs a lot.

Oronde Gadsden is alive?

Dyson isn't bad. KJ isn't bad. Ricky Proehl might still have something left in the tank.

From that list, the name that first hit me was Dyson, but then I checked out his stats

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12342

See those last 3 years? I can't believe it either.

So I guess I'd go with Dez White....I think he is fast enough to maybe get us a couple of plays down field.

yeah Dyson had a knee injury and never got back to what he used to be

primetime said:
Dyson isn't bad. KJ isn't bad. Ricky Proehl might still have something left in the tank.

This afternoon I thought about adding Hakim, not knowing the full extent of the list. That being said I'd have to say KJ may be my first choice followed by White.

KJ had some very good years in Cleveland and was sort of lost in the shuffle the last couple of years.

White is the youngest of them (I believe) and he never has had a quality pocket passer.

Hakim is more of a stretch the field guy--a more experienced Bethel.

I guess the question will ultimately come down to what BB feels the team needs, if anything, in terms of wr.

I doubt the Pats would even remotely consider picking up any of those.

David Patten, baby. We can wait a few more weeks till the Redskins cut him.

Pick up Proehl, just because every time you're about to win the super bowl he shows up and makes it interesting. You don't have to use him or anything, just stop him from making it too close every damn time you want a new Lombardi.

PFnV

Your list made me realize I called Fred Coleman Ron Coleman in another post. Anyway, Fred or Ron, I liked him a lot. Also the Kevin boys (Johnson and Bryson)

AllabouttheVinces said:
Now that we have an opening, let's look at who's out there. Slim pickings of mostly re-treads. Here's a sampling....

Derek Abney
Grant Adams (for you BC fans)
Kevin Dyson
Jamin Elliott
Antonio Freeman
Oronde Gadsden
Az-Zahir Hakim
Kevin Johnson
Freddie Mitchell (please, no!!!)
Ricky Proehl
Dez White

Finally, in the "old friends category":
Fred Coleman
Cedric James

I don't think BB would be interested in a #4 or 5 receiver unless he could also play special teams, hopefully KR or PR. Not sure there's anyone to fill that bill in the above list. Detroit recently passed on Hakim due to a knee injury.

Looks like another trade is coming, or a waiver wire pickup.

Patten Is washed up.

KDPpatsfan said:
Patten Is washed up.

Could be but I still think he gets a shot..

My pick is Kevin Johnson. He runs great routes and has always been known to have great hands.. Never heard about a character issue..
Just a thought..

PatsFanInVa said:
Pick up Proehl, just because every time you're about to win the super bowl he shows up and makes it interesting. You don't have to use him or anything, just stop him from making it too close every damn time you want a new Lombardi.

PFnV

Ricky Proehl ? Heck no. He's "cursed." No team he's on will win the SB.... Not after his silly dynasty prediction......

I still like the idea of signing Freddie Mitchell. Either he sticks as a WR, or our defense gets to beat the snot out of him during TC. It's win/win.

Seriously, though, he's probably the best name on the list, which isn't saying much. When's the last time Oronde Gadsen played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes