PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free agent wish list: Defense/Special Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
My free agent options

MLB -- DEREK SMITH – 49ers
I agree that with the LB position being so deep this year the Patriots will probably address this position there but if they do go after a veteran ILB it will be Derek Smith and not Earl Holmes. Smith has average 105 tackles per season over his 9 year career. He has the needed size (6-2, 245) and he has not been on a winning team in quite a while and might be willing to take a little less to leave SF and come to the Pats.

S – Will Demps, Ryan Clark, Marlon McCree, Chris Hope
This is a good year for teams looking for Veteran safeties and the Patriots are one of those teams. With Harrison doubtful to be back at 100% next season the Pats need a Veteran in the middle of defense to QB the secondary. The four players listed above are all physical, intelligent players that could help the Pats without breaking the bank. None of them will ever be confussed with Ronnie Lott but they could help

Last edited:
shatch62 said:
MLB -- DEREK SMITH – 49ers
1005 tackles per season over his 9 year career.

Oh my Christ...that guy's an animal!

I do think we will go after at least one of the Pittsburgh players and I think
both corners are available also right? Deshea Townsend and Ike Taylor.

dryheat44 said:
Oh my Christ...that guy's an animal!
Those are distorted as they included running over the Umpire, decking the water boy, and jumping on the cheerleader's dogpile when they compiled the numbers. :p

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
Those are distorted as they included running over the Umpire, decking the water boy, and jumping on the cheerleader's dogpile when they compiled the numbers. :p

LOL nothing stops that guy seriously he's a great player id love to get him!

Box_O_Rocks said:

Ooops ... Thought you were talking about Ray Lewis's stats ....

Chevy said:
Ooops ... Thought you were talking about Ray Lewis's stats ....

he used to do that but he's on his way down id still take him for a decent price though!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back