PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free-agent TE Jermaine Wiggins agrees with Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
good pick up

always liked the guy

I understood what BB was thinking when he let Wiggie go - he was looking to upgrade to the more proto typical emerging NFL TE. But I will forever appreciate that this dynasty was built on a foundation poured by some pretty unlikely guys who were about as far from proto type as you could get who made up for their measurables deficiencies with intangibles and dogged determination. I'm always happy to see one of them still out there doing what he loves and making a few bucks in the process.

When he finally hangs them up the organization should bring Wiggie back into the fold in a community relations role. There aren't many NFL'ers who actually hail from Boston, and while he would have loved to continue to play here I have always sensed that he remains deeply appreciative of the opportunity BB gave him back in 2000-2001 to play for and win a ring with his home team. And I bet like most of us BB still smiles when he thinks of Jermaine.

Cool. I wish him well.

Good for him...................

His key receptions late in the Oakland tuck rule game and of course the last reception of SB XXXVI will always define his legacy. Wish him nothing but the best.

Wiggy, from Eastie --- Yay! He'll always be a true Patriot to me. I'll always remember the many big catches he made during the playoffs leading to our first Super Bowl victory, including the LAST catch to put Adam in position to kick the game winner.

Aside: that's why it pisses me off so much when people (including many in the media who should know better) give Vinatieri so much credit for "winning" our first two Super Bowls. Football is the ultimate team game, and without all the guys who placed all the bricks and timbers which make up the house there would have been no way he could have put the last shingle on the roof.

I understood what BB was thinking when he let Wiggie go - he was looking to upgrade to the more proto typical emerging NFL TE. But I will forever appreciate that this dynasty was built on a foundation poured by some pretty unlikely guys who were about as far from proto type as you could get who made up for their measurables deficiencies with intangibles and dogged determination. I'm always happy to see one of them still out there doing what he loves and making a few bucks in the process.

When he finally hangs them up the organization should bring Wiggie back into the fold in a community relations role. There aren't many NFL'ers who actually hail from Boston, and while he would have loved to continue to play here I have always sensed that he remains deeply appreciative of the opportunity BB gave him back in 2000-2001 to play for and win a ring with his home team. And I bet like most of us BB still smiles when he thinks of Jermaine.

My feelings, as well.

There'll always be a place in my heart for Wiggie from Eastie, and David Patten, and JR Redmond...

I felt then, and still feel now, that the FO was premature in allowing Wiggie to leave after the 2001 season. Fauria was a good player, but Cam Cleeland couldn't stay healthy, as usual. Too bad; I don't think he ever recovered from that hazing incident during his rookie TC with NO. Wiggie could have, and should have, remained a Patriot through at least the 2004 season, while Watson was on IR.

Hmm, I wonder if this will effect Reggie Nelson's chances of getting pst the Jags....

Hmm, I wonder if this will effect Reggie Nelson's chances of getting pst the Jags....

good question, so far thats the biggest threat to us getting him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back