PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Stuff (you guys won't be happy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=630101

This guy's been around for a while, he's not always going to be right but he's not a BSer.

Adalius Thomas will be a 49er about 10 minutes after FA starts.
Nate Clements is not enamored with SF and really wants to go home to Cleveland, but he will go wherever he gets paid the most.
Kevin Curtis will either be a Lion or a 49er, though it's believed he'll give the Rams the chance to match

That knocks out a lot of the talk around here quickly . . . Thomas leaving Baltimore for the NFC helps us a little, though - if it happens.

We need to worry about opinions on another message board? Ours are far fetched enough as it is, I don't see any more credability than anyone else on this board. Who knows, that poster could even be Keegs.

We need to worry about opinions on another message board? Ours are far fetched enough as it is, I don't see any more credability than anyone else on this board. Who knows, that poster could even be Keegs.

Ok ok you got me. Ill stop posting that crap:singing:

LOL, after a few years you learn who to give some basis of trust to and who you don't. Not that everyone is ALWAYS right because things change.

LOL, after a few years you learn who to give some basis of trust to and who you don't. Not that everyone is ALWAYS right because things change.

So are you saying Keegs is not always right? I would say he was dead on last year when he wanted to sign Gus the Disney kicking donkey instead of drafting the Ghost.

"Seymour won't stay in New England."
"Samuel will be leaving for a big payday and BB will let him go."
"Dillon is past his prime and will only be a cancer in the Patriots locker-room."
"Colts can't win without the Edge."
"McNabb is down, and so are the Eagles play-off chances."
"Vince Young is a bust."
"Mankins is a "reach" for the first round."
"Faulk can't do anything except fumble."
"The Adam V. departure is a crusher."
"Tonight a dynasty is born."

How did all those predictions pan out?

This guy's been around for a while, he's not always going to be right but he's not a BSer.

Nate Clements is not enamored with SF and really wants to go home to Cleveland, but he will go wherever he gets paid the most.
Kevin Curtis will either be a Lion or a 49er, though it's believed he'll give the Rams the chance to match

That knocks out a lot of the talk around here quickly . . . Thomas leaving Baltimore for the NFC helps us a little, though - if it happens.

BFan, I don't believe Football message boards, why would I believe a Basketball one?:confused:

I take it back, I believe the prediction about Clements.:D

Last edited:
I found this interesitn if it happens:

Carolina is going to cut Deshaun Foster for cap purposes, but they will not get rid of Lucas or Gamble or Mike Minter.

Even if he is telling the truth and this is what he heard, half the whispers at the combines are spin and lies by agents and teams to generate bigger offers for their clients or scare off potential suitors. Or sometimes a deal that looks to be just about done is uprooted by someone else stepping in at the last minute. Every year you hear rumors of players definitely going to a team and it doesn't happen.

For example, last year Randel El was a lock to go to Chicago around this time. Randel El even were in heavy contract negotiations with Chicago until Daniel Snyder stepped in and gave him a lucrative and stupid contract.

Or how about LaVar Arrington and the Dolphins? Arrington was a virtual lock to go to the Dolphins for about three weeks until he signed with the Giants.

I don't see Adalius Thomas signing ten minutes into free agency since he is the most sought after free agent this year and someone could decide to overpay him even more than San Fran if a couple of other players go off the board. Thomas is best suited to wait a few days or even a week to sign anywhere.

I don't see Kevin Curtis going to Detriot. Yes, he and Mike Martz has a relationship, but Curtis wants more catches. I think he has a better chance to catch more balls over the next few years in St. Louis than Detriot. Curtis has next to no chance to start in Detriot and there will be a half dozen to a dozen teams willing to make him a starter if not give him a chance to compete for the #1 WR on their team. I don't see Curtis wanting to fight is it out with Mike Williams for the #3 WR position after Roy Williams and Mike Furrey in Detriot. I think the only reason people even associate him with Detriot is because he used to play with Martz.

I know there is tampering going on at the combines and free agent negotiation is going on eventhough it shouldn't. But there are many teams like the Pats who are doing their own negotiating below the radar. Rumors about those teams are not getting out. Remember how Detriot signed Colvin to a contract only to have the Pats actually sign him to a contract a week later eventhough no one knew they contacted Colvin until the day before.

"Tonight a dynasty is born."

How did all those predictions pan out?

Hmm I think this one was right except he was expecting the rams to be the dynasty but the prediction was still right

Even if he is telling the truth and this is what he heard, half the whispers at the combines are spin and lies by agents and teams to generate bigger offers for their clients or scare off potential suitors. Or sometimes a deal that looks to be just about done is uprooted by someone else stepping in at the last minute. Every year you hear rumors of players definitely going to a team and it doesn't happen.
You're right. And I'm certainly not saying it's gonna happen. But I think it's legit stuff that he's hearing and gives the best pointers that we know of.

For example, last year Randel El was a lock to go to Chicago around this time. Randel El even were in heavy contract negotiations with Chicago until Daniel Snyder stepped in and gave him a lucrative and stupid contract.

Or how about LaVar Arrington and the Dolphins? Arrington was a virtual lock to go to the Dolphins for about three weeks until he signed with the Giants.

I don't see Adalius Thomas signing ten minutes into free agency since he is the most sought after free agent this year and someone could decide to overpay him even more than San Fran if a couple of other players go off the board. Thomas is best suited to wait a few days or even a week to sign anywhere.

I don't see Kevin Curtis going to Detriot. Yes, he and Mike Martz has a relationship, but Curtis wants more catches. I think he has a better chance to catch more balls over the next few years in St. Louis than Detriot. Curtis has next to no chance to start in Detriot and there will be a half dozen to a dozen teams willing to make him a starter if not give him a chance to compete for the #1 WR on their team. I don't see Curtis wanting to fight is it out with Mike Williams for the #3 WR position after Roy Williams and Mike Furrey in Detriot. I think the only reason people even associate him with Detriot is because he used to play with Martz.

I know there is tampering going on at the combines and free agent negotiation is going on eventhough it shouldn't. But there are many teams like the Pats who are doing their own negotiating below the radar. Rumors about those teams are not getting out. Remember how Detriot signed Colvin to a contract only to have the Pats actually sign him to a contract a week later eventhough no one knew they contacted Colvin until the day before.

I agree with this.

Agents are lying weasels.

you are right im not happy. mostly because you are incompetant.

Less than week before FA,homes...We are going to find somebody a say WOW I didn't see this coming....

Take it all with a grain of salt, interesting read. Nothing too crazy, one name that jumped out is Samari Rolle, he used to be a real good player. Not sure how much game he has now.

Also interesting note about Ben Grubbs.
"I shook Ben Grubbs hand and I'm still waiting for my wrist to heal. Dude has some serious paw strength. He got a lot of attention from the Patriots and Falcons. "

No one has the Pats taking a guard but something that hasn't gotten much pub is the play of Stephen Neal. I though Mankins played like a pro bowler but thought Neal was only so-so. Not the #1 priority by any stretch but a guard could also allow Mankins to compete with Light for the LT position.

Of the big names Thomas, Clements, Curtis nothing really shocking, I will be quite surprised if the Pats sign any of the three.

Well, I guess this is the proper thread for:

Most people around Indianapolis believe the Redskins will get a deal done quickly with Bills middle linebacker London Fletcher. The Redskins were hurt a couple years ago by the loss of middle linebacker Antonio Pierce, who left for the Giants. Fletcher isn't expected to be re-signed by the Bills. The Redskins don't have the cap room to sign Clements, but most believe Fletcher will head to Washington and reunite with former Bills head coach Gregg Williams, the Redskins' defensive coordinator.
ESPN - Clayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye