PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Signings around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh this is frustrating but not surprising.

Jared Allen it is.

What player that has been signed would you want and for the salary they are getting?

I'm enjoying watching the majority of the league screw it's self for the next decade. I don't know what there is to complain about.

The Falcons defensive line should be much better against the run this season.

Considering how bad they were last year that's probably a pretty safe bet. :p

All joking aside, adding Tyson Jackson at DE and Paul Soliai at DT makes for a huge improvement to that team, even if they don't do much else in free agency. They NFC South should be very competitive and very interesting to watch next year.

You have nothing to offer.

Oh, you got me good, ATippett. Now tell me another one of your Mencia-esque jokes about how Kraft & BB are cheap. I never tire of your wit, guy.

I'd take twice as much as what he brings to the table, over what you have provided.
Right, especially when he doesn't have a clue that the Chicago Bears are moving Shea McClellin to strong side linebacker.

Per Schefter: Indy to resign Vontae Davis.......

OC Alex Mack
DT Linval Joseph
DL Mike Neal
DE Jared Allen
DE DeMarcus Ware
CB Aqib Talib
CB Alterraun Verner
CB Vontae Davis
CB Carlos Rodgers
CB Charles Tillman
WR Julian Edelman
WR Eric Decker
WR Hakeem Nicks

Among many others.

Jarius Byrd and TJ Ward haven't found homes yet either.

Right, especially when he doesn't have a clue that the Chicago Bears are moving Shea McClellin to strong side linebacker.

this is a patriots fan forum, I don't expect people to know what a team in a different division in a different conference MIGHT do.

Because we know our FO. They will sit back and wait until there are no really good players left. It's what they do. I'm used to it now. I expected them to do nothing today, and they didn't disappoint me. :)

- Winning 3 SB's in 4 years? Dynastic.
- Winning the division 10 times in 11 years? Epic.
- Winning 10 or more games 11 seasons in a row? Historic.
- Being insulted by your fan base every time free agency opens? Priceless.

they might let the really good individuals get caught up in the wave of money, but in the end they find parts for a really good TEAM

As Mike Reiss pointed out in his article.... not so much.

Got your helmet and safety vest on today?

Now, tell me: what position was McClellin drafted to play, and where did he play for his first two seasons?

So disappointed that the Pats didn't make a run at Arthur Jones. He signed pretty cheaply in comparison to guys like Griffen and Houston.

this is a patriots fan forum, I don't expect people to know what a team in a different division in a different conference MIGHT do.
Hey genius, the Chicago Bears are on the New England Patriots schedule this season.

What player that has been signed would you want and for the salary they are getting?

Lamarr Houston. Bears got a steal, I think.

Not much else I've seen that would make me go "WOWWWWWWW!"

So disappointed that the Pats didn't make a run at Arthur Jones. He signed pretty cheaply in comparison to guys like Griffen and Houston.

I am still trying to figure out why Griffen got so much money. Doesn't make sense to me, at all.

Houston didn't sign for much more than Jones (5/$35 vs. 5/$30+), and for much less than Griffin, or reportedly Michael Johnson. Effectively the same money as Michael Bennett's "home town discount" with Seattle, just 1 more year.

Lamarr Houston. Bears got a steal, I think.

Not much else I've seen that would make me go "WOWWWWWWW!"

Yup. That's really the only one I wish we could have been in on.

Vontae Davis re-signs with the Colts

Malcolm Jenkins takes Chung's place in Philly

$39M/4yrs with $20M guaranteed for Davis. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes