PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agency - Wide Receivers of interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate Washington would be excellent but I haven't heard any news about bringing him in, maybe he wants too much not sure.

Coles is out of the running in Miami he wouldn't be a bad addition only the Bills are interested wonder if he is wanting too much.

I would love to acquire Holt for the right price (pick).

If nothing else a guy with all the tools I would be interested in is Brian Robiskie from OSU.

Think we'd trade a pick for Ocho Cinco? I'm all about trying to see SOME Bengal succeed. I think he'd be a fit, and getting him in a trade would make him affordable. Almost a prove-it deal.

I believe it's documented that Bill likes the crazy clown, too.

i personally dont want him and his antics and atten grabbing on our team. just my opinion. BB likes the crazy clown sure...on the other team.

You have an ally on TJ. He found his ask was too high (sounds familiar this weekend?). Everyone says age. He is the same as TB and Randy Moss! Take a shot with him on a two year. We draft a WR BB won't play him until year two (unless you are Mayo) anyway.
DW Toys

Make that three. I was singing his praises in another thread. He is excellent the type of great underneath route runner that Brady will use to pick apart Ds. Between him and Welker, Brady will just eat teams alive.

Add in DaBruinz's BFF Henderson as a deep threat and things are looking pretty good. ;)

If we could get Housh for $3 million a year, it would be an absolutely great move for this offense. Brady throwing to Moss, Housh, and Welker in a 3-wr set......it would be incredible.

You're dreaming if you think Housh will settle for 3 million per year. The reason he is still out on the market is that teams are reluctant to pay him the salary that he wants. I like Housh as a football player but I'm not paying him Randy Moss money to be the Pats #2 WR when we already have Randy Moss.

Hmm.. Lets see. He's never had more than 32 receptions. Not once. Even during the times when Horn, Stallworth and Colston were out. Also, He was passed on the roster by the likes of David Patten and Lance Moore.

Sorry, but I don't see how 1 great play every 4-5 games makes him worthy of consideration for the Pats. Also, I think you might want to review Henderson. He hasn't had that many 80+ TD receptions.

maybe devery would be good. look at David Patten for example. he was supposed to be a good player for the giants. his production wasnt great, but he showed signs. before he signed with the patriots his career high in 4 seasons was 38 receptions. was it because he didnt try hard enough and was a paycheck guy? i dont know the answer.

the thing i like about henderson is he is a playmaker. i personally havent watched the saints enough over the past few years to determine whether or not hed be an asset. but what i do know is that he flahses excellence, and while he may not be consistent, maybe he needs a change of scenery

Housh, Chad Johnson, Lavatories Coles :) and Torry Holt, all are great players. how they would fit in I do not know.

Nate Washington is intriguing for sure!

I cannot understand, for the life of me, why people are down on Houshmandzadeh in this group. The guy is *great*.

2006 - 90 rec, 1081 yds, 9 td
2007 - 112 rec, 1143 yds, 12 td
2008 - 92 rec, 904 yds, 4 td - with *Ryan Fitzpatrick* throwing him the ball...with an even halfway decent QB, Housh ends up with 110-120 rec, 1200+ yds, and a bunch more td.

He's not a burner, but he's a tremendous receiver. If anyone is going to point out a few drops he's had, I would simply state that all receivers have some drops. Anyone recall Randy Moss dropping two huge passes against Pittsburgh this year?

If we could get Housh for $3 million a year, it would be an absolutely great move for this offense. Brady throwing to Moss, Housh, and Welker in a 3-wr set......it would be incredible.

Another guy I'd consider is Furrey. He's pretty solid too.

We won't be able to pony up the kind of money TJH will likely command.

I'd like to see Ronald Curry or Drew Bennett brought in for a visit. They aren't the best route runners out there but they do know how to get free in a open offense like our's.

I think Curry would be a valued replacement for Stallworth. pretty quick, same hands{{{so so}}}

Not so sure on Bennett but I know he has size height and a pretty good leap on him. I do wonder if age has caught up with him or he just wasn't used properly in St Louis. Injuries would be a concern as well.

Someone mentioned Torry Holt. He is probably the smartest Wr of the bunch and I bet could still contribute in possibly a great fashion. I'd be willing to part with him for a 4 or 5 this season and a conditional pick later on. But that ofcourse would change if he is looking for one last payday, If he is looking to win a championship at a salary befitting his age I'd welcome him aboard.

I'd like to bring Ashley Lelie in for a look.

Good hands, speed, cod, verticle. With brady throwing the ball, he would produce.

I know they were looking at Mike Fureey of the lions, but he is more of the Wes Welker mode..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes