PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agency - Tight Ends of interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Watson needs to see a sports shrink. There is something wrong mentally, from what I can see. He started off 2006 great, but ended it miserably. Since then, its been a roller-coaster with him. I’m not sure if Thomas can be the kind of TE the Pats need. He was a great receiving TE in college, but wasn’t asked to block much. He’s not shown he can be a consistent blocker or consistent receiver. Here are the TEs available that I think fit the Pats needs.

KFFL - 2009 NFL Free Agents

Mark Campbell - New Orleans – Good blocker. Decent receiver. Returning from an MCL injury
Daniel Wilcox – Baltimore – Another good blocker who picked it up in the receiving game last year.

Tony Gonzalez has said he wants out. It remains to be seen if Pioli can convince him to stay.

Tight end is a need but I'm not sure if it isn't better to just draft a young cheap one in the middle rounds. I think we'll see at least one free agent TE brought in for a look see though.

What about Chris Baker who was cut by the Jets?

What about Chris Baker who was cut by the Jets?

What about him? I don't think he is a good blocker and he's mediocre as a pass catcher...

Well, clearly I need to do more work on reviewing Baker since the Pats are set to sign him.. Good call, Mayo.

Right now..at TE...they will only add...through the draft or a UDFA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back