PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agency Reaction: Are the Broncos really that much better?

I see both teams as having significant issues in their own rights. I also see the Broncos and Patriots as the clear favorites in the AFC. They are significantly better than everyone else. As a matter of fact, I see both as comparable rosters with the significant advantage being Bill Belichick against John Fox.

We were the best two AFC teams last year and both got better. There's no doubt that the Broncos addressed their issues on defense. Fox is a good defensive mind and their offense is very good. Saying that I love what we did in the offseason, shoring up out secondary, adding LaFell on offense. I believe we can beat them on a neutral field now, but it's close. I would like to see us improve our O-Line and get another pass rusher. With Clady back for the Broncos they have a good O-Line.

Put down the Bong dude D. Ware is a Beast! best signing for them this offseason.

Wow. Third best signing, if that.

Donkeys look to be about what they were, and their biggest liability (Manning in the playoffs) is a year older.

last year our team was decimated by injuries. if we faced them with Gronkowski, Mayo, wilfork, talib we couldve/wouldve beaten them IMO.

This year I think the gap has been closed and we are pretty even.

I think the Broncos offense will take a step back. I don't see their OL being that good this year. Their defense will be a step forward but that is because they will get a full year of Von Miller.

Wow. Third best signing, if that.

Donkeys look to be about what they were, and their biggest liability (Manning in the playoffs) is a year older.

IDK, I think Ware is still a good player. I think his contract sucks and he is injury prone now, but still a good player. I still don't know if he is a good scheme fit. He seems better suited to stand up in a 3-4 than with his hand in the grass in a 4-3.

I think we were the better team if both were 100% healthy last year.

Same for this year.

Denver's D improved but their O got worse.

I see them a little better than last year. However if/when Talib goes down they will be worse than last year.

Ward is good but he is not a true impact safety, Ware is a good signing but he is a tad past his prime still will be impact though.

More importantly though I think we made ourselves a nightmare matchup for them

Talib/Browner can take Thomas/Thomas away without help. That is worst case scenario for the Broncos on O. Welker does not scare at this point nor does Sanders. Their TEs are decent depth wise but it will likely not be enough.

I think we can lock them down to 17 realistically if we get any semblance of a pass rush.

last year our team was decimated by injuries. if we faced them with Gronkowski, Mayo, wilfork, talib we couldve/wouldve beaten them IMO.

This year I think the gap has been closed and we are pretty even.

Best post of the day. Don't forget about Vollmer on the offensive side.

Lol, you joined the forum like last month and are already acting like you own it....

My join date has nothing to do with how dumb and insecure this thread makes Patriots fans look.

IDK, I think Ware is still a good player. I think his contract sucks and he is injury prone now, but still a good player. I still don't know if he is a good scheme fit. He seems better suited to stand up in a 3-4 than with his hand in the grass in a 4-3.

Ware's fine, but he's not a better signing than either Ward or Talib.

My join date has nothing to do with how dumb and insecure this thread makes Patriots fans look.

Hey buddy, the thread may be dumb, but you have no credibility here after a month. You look bad being critical of long-time posters by saying "close the thread down" as if you've been on this board for years. Enough people have responded so the thread is not that bad. There are plenty of threads on this board about the jets, john elway, etc. but being a new member here you would not know that.

Agreed. I don't know why people can't just be honest sometimes and talk about potential problems and mistakes with the team they support and root for. When all you can do is come back with insults, it pretty much shows that you aren't in control of your thoughts for your argument. It shows an emotional stress associated with the fear of inferiority. The Patriots very well could be a better team than the Broncos next year. It's possible, but I think more than anything the health between both teams will determine that. It played a huge role last season for both teams who had a lot of injuries.

I think you're underestimating Ware. The guy is a beast and pair him with Von Miller they have a formidable pass rush and we know you can't have enough pass rushers. When we play them in the AFCG the game will be won between our O-Line and their D-Line.

I think you're underestimating Ware. The guy is a beast and pair him with Von Miller they have a formidable pass rush and we know you can't have enough pass rushers. When we play them in the AFCG the game will be won between our O-Line and their D-Line.

I don't see him providing much more than Phillips did (though he's stronger against the run).

Ware was a beast. Not sure he is now. That is an unknown. If he can return to his form in 2011, yes he is a beast. If he returns to his form in 2012, he is a very good player. If he is what he was last year, he is a good player. He is most likely to be his 2012 form this year assuming he stays healthy.

So I went to the broncos board and they are all acting as if they are on the same level as Seattle/SF now, but are they really?

LMAO

Talib is a slight upgrade over DRC;

He is one of the best, when he is healthy. When he is hurt though...

Sanders is a significant downgrade from Decker;

Yes

Ward is definitely an upgrade at safety;

I wish that he was a Pat

Ware is a downgrade from Shaun Phillips

Ware is like Talib. When healthy...but, when is he healthy though?

Plus they lost Woodward and Zane Beadles.

Yes they did.

To me they look about the same as last year. Peyton will be a year older as well. Not sure what all the fuss is about with denver.

They have upgraded. So have the Pats. The Pats need to address the pass rush and SS though. Maybe Adrian Wilson is healthy this year.

My replies are in the red below your original thoughts.

Ward was their best sign. Ware is living off of his past. He has been unhealthy the last few years. He might be healthy this year, so, he might have a good year.

This is the way I see it currently.

QB – Brady vs. Manning = Patriots
RB – Ridley vs. Ball = Patriots
RB – Vereen vs. Hillman = Patriots
WR – Dobson vs. Thomas = Broncos
WR – Edelman vs. Welker = Even
WR – Amendola vs. Sanders = Even
WR – LaFell vs. Caldwell = Patriots
TE – Gronkowski vs. Thomas = Patriots
LT – Solder vs. Clady = Even
LG – Mankins vs. Garland = Patriots
OC – Connolly vs. Ramirez = Broncos
RG – Cannon vs. Vasquez = Broncos
RT – Vollmer vs. Franklin = Patriots

LDE – Ninkovich vs. Wolfe = Patriots
LDT – Kelly vs. Williams = Patriots (if healthy)
RDT – Wilfork vs. Knighton = Patriots (if healthy and remains on roster)
RDE – Jones vs. Ware = Patriots
SLB – Miller vs. Hightower = Broncos
MLB – Mayo vs. Chaney = Patriots
WLB – Collins vs. Trevathan = Patriots
LCB – Revis vs. Talib = Patriots
RCB – Browner vs. Harris = Patriots
SCB – Dennard vs. Carter = Patriots
DCB – Ryan vs. Webster = Patriots
FS – McCourty vs. Moore = Patriots
SS – Harmon vs. Ward = Broncos

Except shouldn't you do Pats offense vs Broncos defense etc..

Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly don't recall aqib talib being an elite corner before coming to the patriots.

Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly don't recall aqib talib being an elite corner before coming to the patriots.

He was in the elite discussion for sure. He is a loose cannon and his bad hip.

He ain't no Mevis or Sherman though.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back