PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agency - Other Players of interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to the other players of interest. Players like Fred Taylor and Deuce McCallister.

Damon Huard - I'd love to see Damon back as the Veteran to help bring O'Connell along.

Derrick Ward - This kid could be the replacement for Faulk that we've been looking for. He's done outstanding as a complimentary back.

JJ Arrington - Seems to have finally broken through this past year. Another player who could be a "Faulk" type player.

Leonard Weaver - FB who played for the Seahawks. Can run and receive out of the backfield. And is a decent leadblocker.

Stacy Andrews - OT/OG - Young guy who would be an immediate upgrade over Kaczur or Neal.

Khalif Barnes - OT - An immediate upgrade over Kaczur

Derrick Dockery - OG - Would be a good Vet reserve to have.

Mark Tauscher - OT - An immediate upgrade over Kaczur

Bertrand Berry - DE - Coming out of Arizona's 3-4

Chris Canty - DE - Coming out of Dallas' 3-4

Igor Olshansky - DE - Coming out of San Diego's 3-4

Eric Barton - OLB/ILB - Formerly of the Jets

Kevin Burnett - OLB - Coming out of Dallas' 3-4

Bart Scott - ILB -

Andra Davis - ILB -

Antwan Peek - OLB - Familiarty with the 3-4 from Cleveland

Zach Thomas - 3rd down backer ala Tank Williams

Old Man Runyan. Obviously still capable-

A 2008 poll revealed that getting blocked by Jon Runyan on a screen pass was one of the scariest things in the NFL-Wikipedia

I really have never been looking for a Faulk replacement.

Ward might be a better pure runner than any other back on the roster, and his receiving skills would be second only to Faulk's. He would be a great pick-up. Besides him, I like Tauscher, Olshansky, and Andrews.

I would like Chris Canty but I never want to see a Chris Canty in New England ever again.

Would we look into Dominic Rhodes? Looks like the Colts aren't re-signing him.

I also think Rudi Johnson could do some pushing and shoving as part of our RB committee.

Last edited:
Would we look into Dominic Rhodes? Looks like the Colts aren't re-signing him.

I also think Rudi Johnson could do some pushing and shoving as part of our RB committee.

I don't think Rhodes is an option. Too many red flags.

Johnson could be.

Looks like neither Rhodes nor Johnson will get a look since the reports are that Fred Taylor is set to sign with the Pats.

Arrington, Andrews, Canty, Dockery and Scott have all signed...

Still wouldn't mind Huard, Weaver, or Barton

So, Davis, Berry, Nate Washington and Bryant Johnson also signed today..

Last edited:
Looks like neither Rhodes nor Johnson will get a look since the reports are that Fred Taylor is set to sign with the Pats.

I think Fred Taylor could potential spell the end for Faulk. If you listened to BB comments about Taylor's skill set, pass blocking, catching out of the backfield etc. they seem to mirror Faulk's but at a lower cap number. As far as interesting players I think if Jason Taylor's price is right he'll be in a Pats uniform real quick.

Arrington, Andrews, Canty, Dockery and Scott have all signed...

Still wouldn't mind Huard, Davis, Weaver, or Barton

I liked Huard before last season. He just didnt look very good for KC, but prior to that, I thought he was pretty good. If the Pats sign him, I hope he doesnt turn into another Brad Johnson.

I liked Huard before last season. He just didnt look very good for KC, but prior to that, I thought he was pretty good. If the Pats sign him, I hope he doesnt turn into another Brad Johnson.

Why would he turn into another Brad Johnson? First, I don't see Huard being the #2. I picture him as the #3. So he'd be the scout squad guy. Like he did for 3 years with the Pats and earned himself several game balls for his impersonation of Manning. In fact, its interesting to note that the Colts have beaten the Pats since Huard left.

Why would he turn into another Brad Johnson? First, I don't see Huard being the #2. I picture him as the #3. So he'd be the scout squad guy. Like he did for 3 years with the Pats and earned himself several game balls for his impersonation of Manning. In fact, its interesting to note that the Colts have beaten the Pats since Huard left.

In this case I don't think A + B = C as far as Huard leaving and the Colts turning around their luck. :p

Why would he turn into another Brad Johnson? First, I don't see Huard being the #2

Why did Brad Johnson turn into a Brad Johnson? I don't know. :D

I just know that once upon a time Johnson was a pretty good QB, and somehow turned to sh*t when he came in as a backup last season. Although i agree that Huard would come here as a 3rd QB, we really don't know for sure that Kevin is ready to take over this team if god forbid something else happens to Brady. Huard just didnt look to good with KC, and that worries me a little. If he had to come into a game, which Huard is going to show up? Hopefully it would be the old one.

Why did Brad Johnson turn into a Brad Johnson? I don't know. :D

I just know that once upon a time Johnson was a pretty good QB, and somehow turned to sh*t when he came in as a backup last season. Although i agree that Huard would come here as a 3rd QB, we really don't know for sure that Kevin is ready to take over this team if god forbid something else happens to Brady. Huard just didnt look to good with KC, and that worries me a little. If he had to come into a game, which Huard is going to show up? Hopefully it would be the old one.

It was KC and Herm Edwards. I'm not sure that Peyton would look good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes