PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free agency is not going to be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Listening to weei, and Don Banks of Si is on and telling that the Pats will not be able to pay this yr, plus the 3 key free agents Willie Mcginnist( he will be cut) , Adam Vinaterri, and David Givens. Mcginnist is the only one that has a chance to stay. Green Bay and Dallas will spend for Adam( Green Bay is way under the cap) and Givens will be coveted because the draft class in wr is weak and is the free agent class... What is suppose to be excited has to be tempted somewhat..

If Adams wants to stay a Patriot he'll stay. If he wants the most money he can get, he'll leave. I don't think the current CBA issue alters this in any way. Ditto Willie.

As for Givens, he's overrated and was not going to get big money from us anyhow.

They were talking about this a few days ago on EEI....but they thought AV had a better chance of staying if the CBA was not done..why?? The cap will effect those teams as well..Dallas GB?? Will they have the cap room as well to sign him?? The conclusion was that if AV doesn't get the money he wants, he will stay here...not sure of the logic..but??? Givens I agree will be history..WillieMcG?? That is a bigger problem..I really hope he stays..but???
Not sure they will be able to get a restructure done..pretty sad....

Willie is my favorite, but--

There is a sad story every year. This may be his time. I would hate to see that because its his jersey I wear for games.

Willie will be coveted by the Jets ,Browns, Dolphins and Cowboys... all run the 3-4 defense

The Jets and the Dolphins may "covet" Wlllie, but have you checked their cap situtations? The Dolphins cut 3/4 or their starting secondary yesterday to get under the cap. The Jets are decimated. Do you really think either of those teams is going to be shopping for 34 year old linebackers?

Willie would be signed by Cleveland within a week of being cut.

just my 2 cents

Last edited:
hwc said:
The Jets and the Dolphins may "covet" Wlllie, but have you checked their cap situtations? The Dolphins cut 3/4 or their starting secondary yesterday to get under the cap. The Jets are decimated. Do you really think either of those teams is going to be shopping for 34 year old linebackers?

The Browns, dont have a prblem though.. Which he could be a vet to lend a hand..

Why would McGinnest want to finish his career playing for the Cleveland Browns? They suck.

mgteich said:
Willie would be signed by Cleveland within a week of being cut.

just my 2 cents

I tend to agree...it's either here or Cleveland, and I could see Romeo pushing hard for a couple years of Willie to show the young'uns how it's done. As for Willie's perspective, he would be entering a relatively comfortable situation with a scheme and coach he knows well.

Money talks right now, the pats will not have enough

If you think Free Agency is bad this year, just wait til next

Assuming the Pats are a final 4 playoff team there will be NO free agency prior to the 2007 season. They can sign their own UFAs and only their own UFAs - unless they lose one, in which case they can replace a UFA with one from another team.

So we'd better like the team this year, because we've got the same crew next year as well if we do well this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back