PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Freddie Roach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ichiro said:
The hold that Klecko committed against Carolina as a fullback last year was devastating and I think it was both a turning point in the game and Dan Klecko's career.
One play can make a career, guess we should sack that Brady kid fo his int in Denver too.

Box_O_Rocks said:
One play can make a career, guess we should sack that Brady kid fo his int in Denver too.

I know! And the Patrick Pass character should be burned at the stake and forced to retire because of that fumble.

pats1 said:
I know! And the Patrick Pass character should be burned at the stake and forced to retire because of that fumble.

I'm serious I thought that fumble was bad bad bad, and I think the coaches feel the same way. We all know what was said about Patrick in Patriot Reign. After a promising few games before that (Denver, Atlanta etc) that fumble was a killer. It was like he was shot or something. I believe negative plays like the ones Klecko and Pass had can kill fringe players and get them cut.
BB stresses, don't be the guy to cost the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ichiro said:
I'm serious I thought that fumble was bad bad bad, and I think the coaches feel the same way. We all know what was said about Patrick in Patriot Reign. After a promising few games before that (Denver, Atlanta etc) that fumble was a killer. It was like he was shot or something. I believe negative plays like the ones Klecko and Pass had can kill fringe players and get them cut.
BB stresses, don't be the guy to cost the team.

That holding call was a killer. That, and the Peppers play/fumble recovery on Brady.
The holding call should have given BB food for thought: Maybe I should use someone else as a short-yardage FB (like Lonnie Paxton; hey, why not?), and let young Mr.Klecko concentrate fully on his new position as ILB.

From 8/9 press conference:

Belichick was asked a few questions about rookie free agent inside linebacker Freddie Roach, who could see an expanded opportunity with Tedy Bruschi out for the preseason. Belichick explained that Roach played in a different type of system in college at Alabama, but “he’s big, he’s pretty physical, he’s a tough player. I think he takes on people well, he has good playing strength. He has pretty good instincts against the run. Again, coming from college. I’m not putting him up there with a veteran NFL player. But in relative terms, those are his strengths. We’ll see how he plays with tackling and in real live competition. Based on the way he played in college, I think that could be a strong point for him. I’m kind of a little hesitant to put that out there right now, until he’s actually done it. But based on his play in college, that could be a strong point.

PatsRI said:
From 8/9 press conference:

Belichick was asked a few questions about rookie free agent inside linebacker Freddie Roach, who could see an expanded opportunity with Tedy Bruschi out for the preseason. Belichick explained that Roach played in a different type of system in college at Alabama, but “he’s big, he’s pretty physical, he’s a tough player. I think he takes on people well, he has good playing strength. He has pretty good instincts against the run. Again, coming from college. I’m not putting him up there with a veteran NFL player. But in relative terms, those are his strengths. We’ll see how he plays with tackling and in real live competition. Based on the way he played in college, I think that could be a strong point for him. I’m kind of a little hesitant to put that out there right now, until he’s actually done it. But based on his play in college, that could be a strong point.

"Excuse me, Mr. Roach? We're ready for your audition now."

He's my camp sleeper and it is documented...somewhere on this forum.

:horn::woohoo:

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=20413&pcid=44

Who’s Hot: Freddie Roach – One week after landing on the downswing, Roach is starting to make an impact. We can’t be too quick to throw a player aside just because he doesn’t look good as soon as camp starts. Roach looked lost early on but he’s starting to pick things up and is rising up the depth chart. He could be one of those Patriot-kind of players. Someone who doesn’t blaze a great 40-time but understands the game of football and makes plays on the field. He’s a punishing tackler at the point of attack, as a lot of the Patriots ball carriers are finding out and he also displayed some nice coverage skills by picking off a Todd Mortensen pass in the afternoon practice. After not getting many reps early in camp, Roach has done a complete 360. I would say no player has come as far in training camp as Roach has. He’s gone from fighting for a job on the practice squad to battling for a spot on the final roster.

pats.com said:
Roach has done a complete 360.
LOL, he's back where he started. Their math errors aside, though, it's really good to hear of Roach making some progress.

I warned you...beware of 'Master' Roach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back