PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fred Taylor - Play-action to Frontside block?....WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Diver

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I believe it was on the Hernandez throw, but I may be wrong...it doesnt matter.

Fred Taylor faked the run on play action, and then was 'heads-up' enough to notice the outside corner coming unblocked. He then backtracked to Brady's frontside and slammed the rusher, stopping a sack, and giving Brady enough time to sidestep and make the throw.

I've never seen that before, and it was truly a great play by Freddy T. Props old man...you still got it!

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=44482&pcid=141

25 seconds in

Great win....on to the Jets first superbowl of the year!

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Fred Taylor passed the girlfriend-test yesterday; that's when a player does something noteworthy enough that my girlfriend looks up from US Weekly long enough to say, "Woah, who's that? He looks good."

It's refreshing to see a Pats back breaking tackles and making plays for himself.

I noticed that too, great blitz pickup. Fred Taylor is a HUGE player for this offense if he stays healthy. Not just running the ball, but he's just a football player, plain and simple.

Absolutely.

Fred Taylor passed the girlfriend-test yesterday; that's when a player does something noteworthy enough that my girlfriend looks up from US Weekly long enough to say, "Woah, who's that? He looks good."

My wife did that for Hernandez.

Except he was on the sideline with his helmet off.

Hmmmmmm...

I believe it was on the Hernandez throw, but I may be wrong...it doesnt matter.

Fred Taylor faked the run on play action, and then was 'heads-up' enough to notice the outside corner coming unblocked. He then backtracked to Brady's frontside and slammed the rusher, stopping a sack, and giving Brady enough time to sidestep and make the throw.

I've never seen that before, and it was truly a great play by Freddy T. Props old man...you still got it!

Game Highlights: Patriots vs. Bengals

25 seconds in

Great win....on to the Jets first superbowl of the year!

Fred Taylor is awesome.

The very end of the clip showed the Gronk TD. Right after Dan Conolly celebrates with Gronk, both Alge and Hernanadez are right there for a triple hip bump. There's some great chemistry with our TEs, and I think it starts wit Alge. I can't think of a TE I'd rather have mentoring these young, talented TEs. This TE trio is awesome, and I truly hope Alge can remain a productive part of it for at least a couple more years. The guy can still play the game, pancaking defenders with ease and is genuinely respected in the passing game. He lined up all over the field, and musta been in motion for half the Pats offesive plays.

Back on topic, Fed Taylor is awesome.

Last edited:
That blitz pick up was one of the most impressive unsung plays I have ever seen. Both me and my brother saw it from the stands and we were screaming how sick it was and almost more important than the big play that followed was that Brady may have had his head taken off. Stick save and beaut.

noticed that one as well...thought to myself "either Brady has A LOT of trust in Taylor or he needs to tune that 6th sense of his". great play by Fred on that one no doubt

Great pick up by Fred :)

Something I just noticed, when Gronk scored he celebrated with Connolly I think it was, and made his look tiny!

yep, was a great play.

Thats how close a big gain or Brady getting destroyed is in the NFL.

That was one of my favorite plays of the game. I was yelling about it in the room right after a swig of Guiness and I almost choked on it. How the hell did he stop on the dime and shift his momentum around back and to the right like that? Fred's nowhere near done.

Freddy's been one of my favorite players in the league for 10+ years. Dude used to be lightning quick up the middle for long TDs.

I noticed it during the game but I forgot about it 3 seconds later after the long pass to Hernandez. Seeing it again makes me appreciate how amazing it really was.

I was like cringe (near sack), wow (Taylor literally doing the 180) and hell yeah (after the catch). Taylor was one of the most impressive players for me yesterday. He will do some good things if he can stay on the field.

Taylor always said his goal was to pass Jim Brown. He has 701 yards to go to become the 8th alltime leading rusher. Thought id keep a little count in my sig :)

Imagine where he would be at if he didn't miss so many games....

My blow up doll Ursula said the same thing about McCourty when he stoned TO on the first offensive play of the game.

While extending kudos to Fred on a smart play, I must acknowledge that Gronkowski stayed in to block and missed that blitz by a country mile. At least he got his head back around front to pick-up the LDE who took a dance step inside to draw Vollmer and then came on a delay around the edge.

And don't you just love how invisible Aaron Hernandez was with Moss in the slot to his side? :rofl:

While extending kudos to Fred on a smart play, I must acknowledge that Gronkowski stayed in to block and missed that blitz by a country mile. At least he got his head back around front to pick-up the LDE who took a dance step inside to draw Vollmer and then came on a delay around the edge.

And don't you just love how invisible Aaron Hernandez was with Moss in the slot to his side? :rofl:

One of the more interesting play dynamics Ive seen recently. Fred rocks.

lol... that was the funniest part of the whole play. I actually had a hard time believing it when I saw the replay; how both DBs just followed Moss and left this huge guy so free like he literally did not exist.

Even if he doesn't catch anything, Moss is our most dangerous WR.

On the same play, NFLN highlighted the LG, presumably Connolly, disengaging from a double-team of a DT and picking up a blitzing linebacker to prevent what would have been a brutal sack of Brady. NICE JOB DAN!

I noticed that too, great blitz pickup. Fred Taylor is a HUGE player for this offense if he stays healthy. Not just running the ball, but he's just a football player, plain and simple.

Exactly. With a healthy Taylor we're more likely to be a playoff team. He's our best RB since Dillon '04.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots