Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fred Taylor impressed after Buffalo visit today

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Fred Taylor impressed by Buffalo visit - AFC East - ESPN

Looks like Buffalo made Fred's stay a hospitable one today,So with a good experience there,the Bills have the early edge in the Taylor race right now as it seems - Lets hope his arrival in Foxboro is just as good or even better

2. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I don't think he's not going to get many carries, either way. Down there, he'll have to find time behind Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson and here, he'd have to get carries away from LoMo, Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk.

3. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +55 / 1 / -4

Considering that two of those guys will typically be hurt half the season, I think his best chance to get carries is in New England!

4. DW Toys

DW Toys In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -2

Here is the key. He did not sign today. He is still coming here so we may have the last shot. I think the fact that we have a SB chance helps.
    DW Toys

5. PATRIOTSFANINPA

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah if LoMo gets a paper cut he is on the injury list for weeks :rolleyes: - so maybe Taylor becomes an important aquisition

I really hope that LoMo does something this year and prove me wrong since I think he is a bum in the NFL

6. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

have you considered lynch's legal problems ?

7. PATRIOTSFANINPA

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Most players shop around for the best price before settling down on one offer,much like any human does when they go shopping for a price on a certain item

Guys like Banta-Cain who jump on the first offer from the first team making one as in this case,the Pats is of the rare instances

8. Brettlax3434

Brettlax3434 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Bills hosted Fred Taylor for a free agent visit Tuesday, as expected, and he will be in New England later tonight.

If the 33-year-old intends to finish his career with the team giving him the best shot at a Super Bowl, the Patriots are an ideal fit. But if it comes down to a monetary decision, Taylor will probably stay on the market.
    Source: Boston Globe

9. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

it seems to me like he got iintrest from two teams bills and us he visited them first and he is coming to us now if we really want him and weren't just kicking the tires hoping to get him cheap than he is ours. read his comments....can you imagine our staff and opportunity not impressing him.

this Taylors comment to Bills media from Reiss' peices http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/02/taylor_en_route.html

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  10. brdmaverick

brdmaverick In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

From Taylor's perspective it must be REALLY tough to go from career in Jacksonville to either Buffalo or New England. Talk about a climate change.

11. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

NO WAY does he sign with Buffalo over New England. Belichick loves this guy. He's obviously a team player, used to sharing the carries - and even getting FEWER carries than the main RB. Guy wants a ring. He'll sign here soon is my guess.

12. ScottieC

ScottieC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Impressed with Buffalo? Show him the Three Lombardi's and Tom Brady's locker.

13. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,803 / 79 / -77

Disable Jersey

What are people expecting these players to say? Did someone think Taylor was going to say "Well, I've seen Buffalo now. You can keep it, because I'd rather drown in a pool of my own blood then ever play for that team."? Did people expect TBC to say "Well, I really didn't want to sign with the Patriots, but their man got me liquored up and supplied me with hookers and then forged my name when I passed out."?

14. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Impressed? What did the Bills tell Taylor, we don't win nearly as much as the Patriots do but our chicken wings here are fantastic and our uniforms pretty much have the same colors as theirs have?

It depends what he is looking for, to finish his career with the prospect of grabbing a ring or to just finish his career.

15. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

Right, but if there's a million+ bucks between offers, it's gonna be tough.

That said, Ralph Wilson is a cheap bastid.

16. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +368 / 13 / -25

#15 Jersey

RB by committee is a great way to exploit a guy like Taylors abilities, especially with the injury history we have in the backfield and his own history. Buffalo has no shot to win a SB and that's obvious, and if his goal is to get a ring then he's got to realize NE's his best shot. I could see him getting 100-150 carries over 12 games.

17. stevedogc

stevedogc Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

exactly. I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the title to the thread. Hopefully BB will have those three Lombardi's behind his desk when they talk and the three rings on his right hand when they shake hands.

Seriuosly though, anyone know if Brady is in town. I wonder if he will make an appearence and make a pitch to Taylor to come on board. According to todays Herald, Gisselle was down in Brazil by herself, wonder if Tom is in Foxboro.

18. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

Hey guys, can I just post a quick reminder... this is Fred Taylor, not Adrian Peterson, looking for a job. I hope we get him, but I doubt anyone is sweatin' it.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  19. PATRIOTSFANINPA

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think the more people question whether LoMo is anything more than an injury report waiting to happen,the more they want a guy who shows he can play.

20. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

Sounds like someone gets impressed easily :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.