PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Franz Joseph ILB Florida Atlantic

I think he's going to take a non-stop beating if we ask him to play the Mike in our 3-4. Attitude is only going to get you so far. Small, slow guys aren't going to help much.

3-4 Inside Linebackers

1. Rey Maualuga, USC (6-2, 249)

2. Brian Cushing, USC (6-3, 243)

3. Frantz Joseph, Florida Atlantic (6-1, 242)

4. Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina (6-2, 252)

5. Clint Sintim, Virginia (6-3, 256)

4-3 Inside Linebackers

1. Rey Maualuga, USC (6-2, 249)

2. James Laurinaitis, Ohio State (6-2, 244)

3. Frantz Joseph, Florida Atlantic (6-1, 242)

4. Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina (6-2, 252)

5. Darry Beckwith, LSU (6-1, 234)

The National Football Post | NFP Prospect Position Rankings

NFP is high on this guy, which caught my radar. The Youtube clip rings of a poor-Ray Lewis because of the attitude, willingness to engage linemen and ability to find the ball. It will be interesting to see where he goes considering most scouts aren't very high on him considering Brinkley and Beckwith rate higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a boatload of info and videos on Joseph at FAUOwlAccess.com - sorry can't post the actual link because I'm a newbie, but it's the lead story.

I've seen him play. He could help the Pats.

Last edited:
I was in your spot a couple weeks ago, but now I can put up links. So here you go: FAU linebacker Frantz Joseph ready for NFL Draft

I love Frantz Joseph. I don't care if he's small, slow, and unathletic; he's a magnificent player, and it would make me very sad if the Dolphins got him.

I think he's going to take a non-stop beating if we ask him to play the Mike in our 3-4. Attitude is only going to get you so far. Small, slow guys aren't going to help much.

I agree...So why are we still stuck with Lil' Jimmy Sanders?

This is ridiculous The guy can't run under 4.85

And he is small, with no room for him to add weight. By comparison, Mike Wright @ 300 #s runs a 4.8. For the draftniks ideas gone mad, then make Wright the SILB.

After all he knows how to take on Gs.

As if that was the main requirement for aL B. The silly season for the draftniks has arrived. Joseph was and is and reamains a second day marginal prospect.

Thanks for posting the link reamer.

I agree that his workout numbers could be more impressive, but Joseph is always around the ball. I think he showed that in the Texas vs. The Nation game.

I'm not suggesting that he should be chosen on Saturday, but as a sixth or seventh rounder he could be useful.

Thanks for posting the link reamer.

I agree that his workout numbers could be more impressive, but Joseph is always around the ball. I think he showed that in the Texas vs. The Nation game.

I'm not suggesting that he should be chosen on Saturday, but as a sixth or seventh rounder he could be useful.

Nice to see a fellow Owl posting haha. Anyway, as much as i would love the Pats to use a second day pick on Frantz from what i've read Pitt (Ugh), Baltimore, and Carolina seem to have the most interest. His pro day numbers aren't all that great but the fact is the can flat out tackle and he does it well. And what does BB say about guys who can't tackle?:D

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back