Welcome to PatsFans.com

France may lose Turkey if it adopts ‘genocide’ bill

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 8, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

France may lose Turkey if it adopts ‘genocide’ bill

Turkey is and will become increasingly crucial to the world as a bridge between the East and the West. Turkey...for the most part is what many say is not possible in the Middle East. They are a democracy and they have a Muslim population. I'm no expert here...and if I'm in error here I'm sure someone will correct me....why is Turkey going through the ringer to be in the EU.

There are countries in the EU...most notably France who are very active in covert operations in the Middle East. France is responsible for over a million to 2 million Muslim deaths in history. France is one of the rape countries of the Middle East and was historicly part of the problem. France actively works with Iran and was a silent and public partner in the terorism and genocides of Saddam and Iraq...who the frig is Fance to stand up on a pedastal???

I hope Turk responds to this one...he's up on alot of the stuff the media glosses over and he always has good input when the thread poster needs a little help.;) I read the front page of the other Turkish paper at least 2X a week...it's one of my major news sources because of their bridge type relationship with the east and west. That paper had a story I had been following which led o this paper's link:

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=56074

2. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Re: France may lose Turkey if it adopts ‘genocide’ bill

Here are two comments by Chirac:
    1. "History shall and will be written by historians only"
    when asked about the allegations of genocide against the French, in Algiers.

2. "Turkey must recognize the Armenian killings as genocide before joining the European Union." when asked about what transpired in Eastern Turkey in 1910-1915.

So, in typical French arrogance, history should be written when it comes to France but the same does not apply when it comes to anyone else, the French may pass judgement on matters that have nothing to do with them, matters that they have no knowledge on. Well, that's fair.

Additionally, the French were one of the vultures attempting to claim a piece of the crumbling Ottoman Empire in those days (pre and post WWI) and they were doing so by arming Nationalist Armenians so that they would commit terrorism, burn, destroy and kill Muslim communities. 1.5 million Muslims died in the process along with almost a million Armenians. One can pretty safely assume then that Muslim lives do not count, according to Mr. Chirac and here is the proof:

http://www.francewatcher.org/2005/04/call_for_french.html

Here are some more links on the subject:

http://history.enotes.com/genocide-encyclopedia/algeria

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4552473.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setif_massacre

By the way, it was the same France that accused, tried, and found guilty, the Turkish Government in the 90's for the head-scarf ban in schools and government offices in Turkey stating that such bans were against freedom of speech and expression, thus "Un-European".

What did the French do last year in France, but ban the head-scarf from schools and government offices.

Arrogant, self-righteous, hypocrites never bothered to apologize to Turkey, either after causing hundreds of deaths bacuse of such rulings which did nothing but aid the extremist Muslim agenda in Turkey.

Once they got a taste of their own medicine though, the French were pretty darn quick in passing laws to ban and prohibit "freedoms of speech and religious expression".

And now, to further strain their relationship with Turkey, they want to pass a law where this alleged genocide that has nothing to do with them, may not even be argued against? What kind of freedom of speech and expression is that? The French kind, the kind that can be changed any time it does not fit their arrogant / not-so-well hidden agenda which in fact is the blocking the entry of a Muslim country into the EU.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Re: France may lose Turkey if it adopts ‘genocide’ bill

Good post Turk...as always you have good info and opinion on many things Europe. I think Chirac is worried France is losing power in the world and is afraid of the power Turkey can become. The steps being required of Turkey are ridiculous. Why don't we just presecute all countries for past atrocities...our country included.

Many mistakes were made in history by many ruthless leaders. All that should matter now is what Turkey is today...and they are a better country than some in the EU already. The United States needs to shout from the rooftops on this one...Turkey's accession to having some power is well deserved and they should be rewarded.