Welcome to PatsFans.com

Framework for bipartisan deal would extend...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mcgraw_wv, Dec 6, 2010.

1. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

On CNN.com

So let me get this straight... the Deal is, We spend more money and continue to take in less...

Man Government is easy when there is literally no rules, or challenges to get to a certain point...
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

One thing I think we can say with assurity mcgraw is that BOTH side are acting like idiots in this case.

Hey, let's extend the benefits another 5 years! Why even give people a reason to get off their butts and look for work (any work)?

And while we're at it, why not give our wealthiest citizens even more of the middle-class' hard earned money?!!

Phfuk em all...seriously.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  3. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In a related news article... All members of congress agree that everyone should be rich and no one should have to work! It's settled, both side agree, and in this monumentouss bi-partisan bill... they finally show that government does work for the people!

Horay!
  4. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

I almost crashed when I heard there was going to be a 13 MONTH extension of unemployment benefits. WTF is going on in this country? 13 weeks I'd have a tough time agreeing to, nevermind 13 months! Wow, why go out an look for anything but the perfect job, when you can stay home for 3 YEARS and collect? 3 YEARS! This is absolutely absurd. Seriously, 13 more months!
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

+1. Hey, I can understand somone needing a little help to bridge from one job to the next if they lost their jobs suddenly. But this is beyond ridiculous.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

"It's true that I want to roll back the Bush tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans." Chester, Pennsylvania,
    October 28, 2008

"We are going to roll back the Bush tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans, those making more than $250,000 a year." Lake Worth, Florida,
    October 21, 2008

"Yes, I'm going to roll back the Bush tax cuts for the very wealthiest Americans." New Philadelphia, Ohio,
    September 3, 2008

"I think it is very important to roll back the Bush tax cuts on some of the wealthiest Americans." Chesapeake, Virginia,
    August 21, 2008

"We're going to have to roll back the Bush tax cuts on the top one percent." Fargo, North Dakota,
    July 3, 2008

"I'm going to roll back the Bush tax cuts back to the levels they were in the 1990s." Interview with Fox News Channel,
    June 26, 2008

"I will roll back the Bush tax cuts on people making over $250,000." Watertown, South Dakota,
    May 16, 2008

"We are going to roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans." Raleigh, North Carolina
    , May 3, 2008

"It is true that I would roll back the Bush tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans back to the level they were under Bill Clinton." Fox News Sunday
    , April 27, 2008

"We're going to roll back the Bush tax cuts on the top one percent." Lancaster, Pennsylvania,
    March 31, 2008

"I want to roll back those Bush tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans." Youngstown, Ohio,
    February 18, 2008

"Let's roll back the Bush tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans." Washington, DC,
    June 19, 2007

"I would roll back the Bush tax cuts for those making over $250,000." Manchester, New Hampshire,
    June 3, 2007

Read more at the Washington Examiner: On taxes, Obama's long list of broken promises | Washington Examiner
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  7. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Obama has no spine, and the Republicans were lying about all that deficit reduction nonsense so long as they could find a way to keep rich people rich. DEATH TAX! (A phrase invented by a PR firm to sell the idea of rich people staying rich forever to the suckers.)
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

I was kind of expecting 3 months so Ed Schultz's prized "99ers" could get their checks through the winter. But I almost fainted when I heard 13 months. Wow.
  9. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

I get a kick out of jelous people who hate those who have more than they do. So some sap kills himself his entire life. He, or she, assumes lots of risk, takes a chance maybe, or simply devotes 80 hours per week to build some level of fortune that they can leave to their children, and grandchildren. Ah, but in step the jelous types who feel that these children and grandchildren shouldn't get what their parents worked hard to leave them. Instead, the gubmit should confiscate the vast majority of this equity, if not all of it, and redistribute it to those who didn't actually earn it. How dare those people who one day earned something, allow their family to "stay rich forever". :rolleyes:
  10. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

I know people my age and younger who have been collecting for 2 years. Absurd. They haven't looked for a job, cuz they're enjoying the longest paid vacation of their lives. All at out expense. Absolutely absurd. 3 years of welfare!
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This just goes to show how dumb it is to make any bi-partisan efforts at all. Once again we have an instance of Obama reaching out to compromise with the other side and once again we've got a bunch of whiney Republicans screaming about how they only got 1/2 a loaf.