PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FoxSports Radio: DeAngelo Hall will be traded by draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think Atlanta would trade Hall for one year's experience of a player? That's the totality of Brist's trade idea: Hall and next year's Falcons pick for this year's Patriots pick.

Even Al Davis isn't crazy enough to think that's a good move for Atlanta.

It favors NE slightly but not by much. Like i said Atlanta is guaranteed the #7 pick in the draft, theres no guarantee where they will be picking next year in 2009. #7 pick is pretty good. There could be other picks thrown in like a Pats 4th rounder or another Pats pick in 2009 but i think the trade is good for both teams. Atlanta gets rid of a disgruntled Hall and gets two high picks this year pretty much securing them Ryan and anyone else they covet. Pats get a CB to replace Samuel and amunition to get after Rey Maualuga in 2009.

It favors NE slightly but not by much. Like i said Atlanta is guaranteed the #7 pick in the draft, theres no guarantee where they will be picking next year in 2009. #7 pick is pretty good. There could be other picks thrown in like a Pats 4th rounder or another Pats pick in 2009 but i think the trade is good for both teams. Atlanta gets rid of a disgruntled Hall and gets two high picks this year pretty much securing them Ryan and anyone else they covet. Pats get a CB to replace Samuel and amunition to get after Rey Maualuga in 2009.

You're out of your mind if you think your scenario "favors NE slightly but not by much".

who do yuo want them to go after in 2010?

heh i dunno all i know is next year they have to get Rey Maualuga, and there will be no chance of that without two 1st rounders, cause the pats wont be picking #7 next year they will be back to #30ish again. Maualuga aint going #30 next year.

You're kidding, right? Is this a joke? Are we all being punk'd?

uhhhhh no...

Its a good trade for both teams why is it rediculous for Atlanta. Again let me spell the trade out for you.

Pats get: CB DeAngelo Hall, Atlanta's 2009 1st round pick.
Atlanta gets: Patriots 2008 1st round pick (#7 guaranteed), possibly filler pick from Pats (later round pick 4th ect or a pick in 2009).

Again Atlanta is guaranteed the #7 pick and could get two impact players this year (one of them being Ryan who they covet). Pats get a CB (that Atlanta doesnt want) to replace Samuel and a 2009 1st rounder (which could be anywhere) to trade up for Maualuga.

Why are you freaking out? This is a good trade for both teams.

This whole conversation is moot anyway. Hall said the reason why the Falcons want to trade him is because Dimitroff told him he wasn't a "Patriots type of player" and Hall responded that it was good because he didn't want to play for the Falcons or the Patriots. Considering that Belichick and Pioli trusted Dimitroff's player evaluations for a number of years, I seriously doubt they will even try to trade for him.

uhhhhh no...

Its a good trade for both teams why is it rediculous for Atlanta. Again let me spell the trade out for you.

Atlanta gets: Patriots 2008 1st round pick (#7 guaranteed), possibly filler pick from Pats (later round pick 4th ect or a pick in 2009).

Again Atlanta is guaranteed the #7 pick and could get two impact players this year (one of them being Ryan who they covet). Pats get a CB (that Atlanta doesnt want) to replace Samuel and a 2009 1st rounder (which could be anywhere) to trade up for Maualuga.

I would get rid of the word possibly filler picks and I might move the filler up a round than you may be closer. I don't think the value (the stuid chart) is so far off but I am just not sure why atlanta would perfer that than just getting an extra pick say late rd 1 or early 2.

I don't think it is the consensus around the league that he isn't overrated. Actually, I think the consensus is that he is slightly overrated, but the best free agent available on a very week free agent market. If there were a lot of very good free agents and/or people weren't seriously overpaying for average to mediocre free agents, I think the Samuel deal would have raised a lot of eyebrows.

You completely misread what I wrote. I'm saying that the consensus around the league (and here) is that he IS overrated. Well, if enough people are in agreement that a guy is overrated, than he eventually becomes somewhat underrated, because people have talked themselves out of what he brings to the table to the point where you don't appreciate what he is. Obviously the Eagles didn't feel that way, though I'm not saying they were necessarily right to do so.

The argument over whether Samuel is over or underrated is semantic, the salient point is that he was the best CB available, and was paid as such. That's really all that matters.

uhhhhh no...

Your trade would be one of the worst trades since the Vikings traded for Walker. Published accounts have the Giants offering their first round pick for Hall, but you think that it would be a good deal for Atlanta to ignore that offer and make a trade that was:

Pro Bowl Corner + top 10 draft pick in 2009

for

top 10 draft pick in 2008

?

Just how ******ed do you think Dimitroff is? I assume he's at a more advanced mental level than "rock back and forth and dribble into a cup", which means he's far too intelligent to make that deal. He's not looking to be fired before his team ever plays a game.

Your trade would be one of the worst trades since the Vikings traded for Walker. Published accounts have the Giants offering their first round pick for Hall, but you think that it would be a good deal for Atlanta to ignore that offer and make a trade that was:

Pro Bowl Corner + top 10 draft pick in 2009

for

?

Just how ******ed do you think Dimitroff is? I assume he's at a more advanced mental level than "rock back and forth and dribble into a cup", which means he's far too intelligent to make that deal. He's not looking to be fired before his team ever plays a game.

First off future round picks are worth about half as much because you dont know where they will be. Atlanta might not even be drafting top 10 in 2009, but they are getting a top 10 pick in 2008 guaranteed. Second you forgot to add in the filler picks from the Pats to make it work, i know i didnt mention them in my first post because i just outlined the trade in general, but there would be for sure some other picks coming in from the Pats to make it work, i just dont know what they are because i dont know how exactly the GMs view and value the players/picks, but it probably would be somewhere around a 3rd or 4th in 2008 or 2009.

Stop being a neanderthal the trade is good for both teams, dont blow a load over the parameters.

You completely misread what I wrote. I'm saying that the consensus around the league (and here) is that he IS overrated. Well, if enough people are in agreement that a guy is overrated, than he eventually becomes somewhat underrated, because people have talked themselves out of what he brings to the table to the point where you don't appreciate what he is. Obviously the Eagles didn't feel that way, though I'm not saying they were necessarily right to do so.

The argument over whether Samuel is over or underrated is semantic, the salient point is that he was the best CB available, and was paid as such. That's really all that matters.

I'm sorry if I misread your post, but I disagree with your argument though. First, there isn't nearly enough people who think Samuel is overrated or at least anything more than slightly.

Second, I assume if there are enough people who feel he is overrated, he eventually becomes rated not underrated. That is of course that the people who think he is overrated are properly evaluating his talent better than the people who overrate him. Personally, I think most of the people feel that Samuel is all that overrated, but just slightly.

Third, the Eagles could agree that Samuel is overrated, but felt based on what is available and what everyone is paying that it was the right thing to overpay for Samuel. Teams spend like drunken sailors in the first week of free agency and overpay for players all the time. And they know they are overpaying, but do so to get the players they want.

I do agree though that it really doesn't matter if Samuel was overrated or underrated though.

Last edited:
First off future round picks are worth about half as much because you dont know where they will be. Atlanta might not even be drafting top 10 in 2009, but they are getting a top 10 pick in 2008 guaranteed. Second you forgot to add in the filler picks from the Pats to make it work, i know i didnt mention them in my first post because i just outlined the trade in general, but there would be for sure some other picks coming in from the Pats to make it work, i just dont know what they are because i dont know how exactly the GMs view and value the players/picks, but it probably would be somewhere around a 3rd or 4th in 2008 or 2009.

Stop being a neanderthal the trade is good for both teams, dont blow a load over the parameters.

First, you have added the 'filler' picks after I pointed out how crappy your trade is. Second, a pick in the same round a year later is not worth "about half as much". Third, Atlanta will be drafting in the top 10 next season, and probably in the top 5.

Your trade is horrible for the Falcons, and that's putting it kindly.

Hey, find the Falcons' wins:

Tampa (X2)
New Orleans (x2)
Carolina (X2)
Chicago
Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
Denver
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
St. Louis
Philadelphia

Maybe they can split the Chicago/Detroit/Oakland/K.C. games and sneak out a 3rd win against the Rams. Maybe, if they are really lucky, they could even steal another game somewhere and make it to 4 wins. 7 wins got a top 10 pick for the Saints this season, so where are the Falcons going to get another 4 wins to push them behind that 10 position?

Last edited:
Really? Matt Ryan or Jo Jo Harrington takes Atlanta out of a top 10 draft pick next year? Atlanta may be better, but they would be fools to do that.

Do you think Denver would do

Champ Bailey + top 20 draft pick in 2009

for

First, you have added the 'filler' picks after I pointed out how crappy your trade is. Second, a pick in the same round a year later is not worth "about half as much". Third, Atlanta will be drafting in the top 10 next season, and probably in the top 5.

Your trade is horrible for the Falcons, and that's putting it kindly.

Hey, find the Falcons' wins:

Tampa (X2)
New Orleans (x2)
Carolina (X2)
Chicago
Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
Denver
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
St. Louis
Philadelphia

Maybe they can split the Chicago/Detroit/Oakland/K.C. games and sneak out a 3rd win against the Rams. Maybe, if they are really lucky, they could even steal another game somewhere and make it to 4 wins. 7 wins got a top 10 pick for the Saints this season, so where are the Falcons going to get another 4 wins to push them behind that 10 position?

The trade is no where near as bad as you are making it out to be filler picks or no filler picks. The first post i was just outlining the trade in general, like i said i dont know what filler picks would make the trade work because i dont know how the GMs value the picks/players. A pick in the same round the next year is worth half as much.

Your a neanderthal. Atlanta plays in the most ******ed division in football, anyone could win that division any year. Just a few drafts ago Atlanta was picking around 27 in the draft. Plus they added Turner and made some good moves getting a new GM, and if they had 2 high picks this year adding Ryan at QB and another impact player they will be much better. Your schedual of wins is a joke.

The trade is no where near as bad as you are making it out to be filler picks or no filler picks. The first post i was just outlining the trade in general, like i said i dont know what filler picks would make the trade work because i dont know how the GMs value the picks/players. A pick in the same round the next year is worth half as much.

Your a neanderthal. Atlanta plays in the most ******ed division in football, anyone could win that division any year. Just a few drafts ago Atlanta was picking around 27 in the draft. Plus they added Turner and made some good moves getting a new GM, and if they had 2 high picks this year adding Ryan at QB and another impact player they will be much better. Your schedual of wins is a joke.

The trade blows. Big, meaty chunks.

That trade being mentioned hypothetically on the table is one that would never even be considered. Therefore, I dont know if it can technically be called a 'bad' trade. But its certainly a trade that wouldnt be made anywhere outside of a message board.

what about

Hall

for

Pats 2008 2nd round pick and 2009 1st round pick

That trade being mentioned hypothetically on the table is one that would never even be considered. Therefore, I dont know if it can technically be called a 'bad' trade. But its certainly a trade that wouldnt be made anywhere outside of a message board.

Unfortunately for the people who want a Hall trade to go through, I don't think any trade will be considered for Hall with relations to the Pats. If Dimitroff doesn't want Hall, I doubt the Pats will be clamoring to get a guy.

Personally, I think the Falcons need a guy like Hall (young with a lot of natural talented) far more than the Pats. If they feel he doesn't fit into the system they are trying to build which is no doubt modelled on the Patriots' system, why would the Pats want him?

I say people can throw out all the hypotheticals they want because it may be the closest that the Pats get to trading for Hall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back