PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxsports-Broncos could be interested in a Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsmaniac

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Saw it on foxsports. That the Broncos could be interested in Chad Jackson. Think the Pats would unleash him? if so, what could we get? No way anyone gives a second for him, but maybe a third? Would you do it? if we did, I guess it would say BB does not think he will develop as planned.

Trade ya for Javon Walker.

The Donks 3rd? Do it in a minute.

I'd take Javon Walker...

Javon walker? NO thanks. INjured malcontent who didn't want to come here before? Don't think so.

3rd rounder definitely. 4th rounder probably. 5th rounder...

I wouldn't. Reports of Jackson's suckitude are greatly exaggerated.

What has he done to show you that?

I might not do it for a 3rd, but for Walker? Absolutely.

The guy can't crack the 46 even as a ST guy or KR guy. Obviously BB does not think much of the phenom. Take the Donks 3rd, a top 100 player.

I would argue that the reports of Jackson's progress are greatly exaggerated. I'm basing this on his # of receptions plus # kickoff returns plus # of punt returns this season.

You heard about Bethel Johnson's workout didn't you? BETHEL JOHNSON!

I would argue that the reports of Jackson's progress are greatly exaggerated. I'm basing this on his # of receptions plus # kickoff returns plus # of punt returns this season.

This season has been a short one for Jackson due to his PUP status. And of course he's not going out there as a receiver, why would he with the receiving corps we have this year? How many times has Washington seen the field as a receiver? As far as kickoffs and punt returns, it seems like Belichick's approach more often than not is to go with a lower risk "hands" guy like Faulk, especially for punt returns. Welker and Hobbs are the number one options in more aggressive situations, and I'm not sure why you think Jackson could come out of nowhere without the benefit of most of the season practising and training and displace them.

I guess we'll know for sure next year. But if he sucks so bad, then why would Denver want him?

I also doubt the Pats would make any move until the Moss, Stallworth, Gaffney, and Washington situations resolve themselves. Right now Jackson and Welker are the only receivers with reasonable longer term deals in place.

Last edited:
This season has been a short one for Jackson due to his PUP status. And of course he's not going out there as a receiver, why would he with the receiving corps we have this year? How many times has Washington seen the field as a receiver? As far as kickoffs and punt returns, it seems like Belichick's approach more often than not is to go with a lower risk "hands" guy like Faulk, especially for punt returns. Welker and Hobbs are the number one options in more aggressive situations, and I'm not sure why you think Jackson could come out of nowhere without the benefit of most of the season practising and training and displace them.

I guess we'll know for sure next year. But if he sucks so bad, then why would Denver want him?

I also doubt the Pats would make any move until the Moss, Stallworth, Gaffney, and Washington situations resolve themselves. Right now Jackson and Welker are the only receivers with reasonable longer term deals in place.

Your points are taken. I do not want this thread to go down the road of so many others.....all I would say is that to the "why would he with the receiving corps we have this year?" you see it as a cause and I see it as a result The Patriots brought in all those guys because they didn't see CJ contributing this year; not the other way around.

The Broncos were interested in paying Daniel Graham as one of the highest paid at his position so I would not put much past them.

The Patriots brought in all those guys because they didn't see CJ contributing this year; not the other way around.

Well, we agree there. Jackson was injured coming off surgery that often takes 1.5-2 years before a player is 100%. So of course the Pats couldn't expect anything from him. Thus they made moves in free agency.

Well, we agree there. Jackson was injured coming off surgery that often takes 1.5-2 years before a player is 100%. So of course the Pats couldn't expect anything from him. Thus they made moves in free agency.

If that is true, then put him on IR and give his spot to someone else........we let a hell of a lot of talent walk because we didn't have room for them including HIGH rookie draft picks and a stud 2nd year TE/FB that would have been playing in Watson's/Brady's absence.

ha, and then if CJ becomes a start for the broncos? at this point, i wouldnt accept anything less then a 3rd pick...

iff BB sees CJ is a lost cause, take the 3rd...

if BB thinks CJ can fight for the number 2 spot next season, dont give him up...we dont need picks that bad...

If that is true, then put him on IR and give his spot to someone else........we let a hell of a lot of talent walk because we didn't have room for them including HIGH rookie draft picks and a stud 2nd year TE/FB that would have been playing in Watson's/Brady's absence.

since when is garrett mills a stud? Was he even active for any Vikings games?

Living the fantasy life, I see... If you want to talk about a waste of a roster spot, that begins and ends with Troy Brown. I'm not talking him down, but let's not go off on Jackson when Brown somehow found a roster spot.

since when is garrett mills a stud? Was he even active for any Vikings games?

He managed to catch two passes! TWO! What an incredible player, I can't believe he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes