PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxsports Article: Don't Hate Brady, Respect Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

aztecafut

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Good article on Brady to pass the time until Sunday. Talks about how easy it is for non Pats fans to hate TB but that maybe it is time to start respecting him. Nothing new to people in this forum but there are some nice quotes from players on Brady's work ethic and passion for the game even after all he's accomplished and this far into his career. I also found it interesting how the author calls the Patriots a "12-year NFL dynasty".

Brady still hasn’t forgotten the indignity of being the sixth quarterback chosen in the 2000 draft class after sliding into the sixth round. Brady’s passion for the game remains first and foremost in his professional life.

“I really love playing football,” Brady said Wednesday when I asked him about the subject during a Patriots news conference. “A lot of my time and energy is spent focused on trying to help this team win and trying to be a good teammate and leader. I take those things very seriously.

More than anything, Brady leads by example. Veteran wide receiver Brandon Lloyd was unaware of just how strong Brady’s work ethic was until joining the Patriots in the offseason.

“We like to think that the best players are the hardest workers,” Lloyd said. “Tom proved that when I got here.”

Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said he remains awed by Brady’s approach.

“Sometimes I look at him in practice and I say, ‘Man, you have been doing this for so long and you are still worried about your footwork?’ But it is just little things. He is always going that extra mile to make sure he is in the best shape and putting his teammates in the best situation that can give us a chance to win.”

http://http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-commands-respect-as-career-winds-down-011713

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey