Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fox's John Gibson.....a REAL american!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Note: Sarcasm in the title.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/26/gibson-iraq-media/

On his radio show on Friday, Gibson attempted to defend his coverage. He accused reporters — such as CNN’s Anderson Cooper — of “news-guy snobbery” and attacked them for covering the Iraq war. Mocking Cooper, he said, “Oh, ‘There’s a war on! There’s a war on!’ Maybe, just maybe, people are a little weary, Mr. Cooper, of your war coverage, and they’d like a little something else.”

Since Smith’s death on Feb. 8, 42 U.S. soldiers have died fighting in Iraq. Approximately 969 Iraqis have been killed. Americans aren’t weary of the media’s war coverage, they’re weary of the war itself.

CLIP ANDERSON COOPER] There’s a war on, there’s a war on, there’s a war on.

GIBSON: My complaint about this is what you’re listening to when you hear that guy lecture the audience, is you’re listening to news-guy snobbery. Essentially saying, “I’m better than you. I know what you want to hear about, but I’m better than that story. I’m too high class for that story. I won’t stoop to what you want to hear about.”

I’m not playing that. People want to hear about the Anna Nicole story, I’m happy to tell them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. iguide

iguide Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have listened to Gibson. He usually gives a good objective accounting of the events he is covering. Unlike biased liberal news media coverage like CNN & MSNBC.
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol... whatever... no need to include Fox in that list, right? because we know they're all on the up and up...
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This demonstrates soemthing significant: Anna Nicole Smith is apparently more newsworthy to the right wing viewing audience than say, 42 dead REAL American HEROS and their brethren in a combat zone. This says alot. Think about this next time someone uses a Fox Noise link.
  5. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Don't you know? Fox is fair and balanced. Meanwhile, everyone else are biased idiots who care about boring topics such as Americans dying in the Iraq War.
  6. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

The question posed is how do we know what is objective news coverage?? Both sides tend to beg and slant issues. Personally I try to read both sides, and often smile how one side's slant on a substantive issue is opposite of the other. As far as Anna Nicole goes, never can figure out why the public is so enamored with her exploits and how it is covered in the press. She was a cheap whore, we do not even know who the father of her baby is.. a true symbol of excess and all that is wrong with Hollywood. Reminds me of Access Hollywood, every nite wife and I watch the news and they advertise the show, every nite I tell my wife, "remind me not to watch that show." Bottom line is people watch this and it is somehow favored by a lot of people, not sure who, but it is well liked.
  8. iguide

iguide Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gee I though that every one that knew who John Gibson knew he aired on Fox si I did not need to name it.

Oh Fox is biased al right. No doubt about it. Biased toward telling a lot more of the truth than CNN or MSNBC. Some people drink to much Kool-aid..
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Fox:
    Whenever a poll is taken why does Fox News always come up as Number ONE?

Al Boob Gore
    Uncle Teddy
    Auntie Pelosi
    Pant Suit Hillary
    Billy Blue Dress
    Pancake Ears Obama
    Walrus Blubber Mouth Murtha
    etc etc
    When people like these sore losing bastards refuse to go on the most popular News Show in America and be asked the "tough questions" you know that Fox is doing something right.

I will admit I spend more time whitling, whistling and cleaning my feet lately than I do watching Fox, I can't stand watching that pitiful demented old bag Nichole Smith blowing kisses and shaking her uplifted fat a$s around, when the hell are they going to bury her and move on?

They Report Than I decide.
    :bricks:
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Fox is "biased towards telling the truth?"

Early nominee for goofiest post of '07 right here... Bravo!!
  11. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think some remedial English classes are in order for iguide.