Welcome to PatsFans.com

FOXNews - Trump In, Santorum, Gingrich Out

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +774 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

What's up with the "fair and balanced" news station, anyhow?

Fox puts Santorum and Gingrich on leave because they are possible presidential candidates and then they turn around and give Trump his own weekly segment?

They're calling the show named "Monday Mornings With Trump," a "guest segment," but they can call it anything they want - it sure looks like they're giving a potential presidental candidate pre-scheduled, preferential airtime.

A spat with Bill O'Reilly isn't enough to keep The Donald off Fox News. In fact, Donald Trump is getting a branded segment on the network.

The network revealed Thursday plans to launch a "Monday Mornings with Trump" segment on its morning show, "Fox & Friends."

"Bold, brash and never bashful, The Donald now makes his voice loud and clear every Monday on Fox," a network promo says.

Donald Trump Gets Fox News Segment: 'Monday Mornings With Trump' (VIDEO)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 26 / -33

More face time.. he now has three syndicated slots weekly on the golf channel, Celebrity Apprentice and now this.. it is probably about more money than about politics.. don't get caught in the wind Donald.

3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +498 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

After hearing him on O'Reilly, I don't think Dems have anything to fear from the Donald. If anything he will be even more of a gift than Palin if he gets the nomination.

Obama will be re-elected. Book it.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's really amazing, isn't it?
    It's almost as if the Reds have decided to take on the Blues with a minority in Congress but control of the media on radio and FOX coupled with the faux outrage and selective "patriotism" of the TP.

How can the Reds maintain any legitimacy if they can't even come close to fielding a candidate who doesn't wear clown shoes and a red rubber nose? I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Freaking ameture hour.

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

Trump won't be nominated neither will Gingrich or Santorum.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 22 / -19

I agree, which I think means I must be wrong, because I can't possibly agree with patsfan13!

Nonetheless, the Republicans have a problem. Maybe Pawlenty or Huntsman will prove to be more exciting than expected. Maybe Jeb Bush will step into the ring. Maybe Rand Paul or his dad will become viable candidates. Right now, the Republicans best hope of capturing the White House is to force a government shutdown and try to send the economy into a tailspin. I think the tea party activists are actually aware of that (radical groups often embrace an element of nihilism), but the mainstream Republicans are too principled to allow that.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

Hey Patters, I think Chucky and Harry want the shutdown to go for a 95 redeux. I have no idea who will be the pubbie nominee. Bachmann did raise more money that Romney last quarter though and could win the Iowa caucus.

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 22 / -19

I think there's good faith negotiation taking place between mainstream members of both parties. There's not much a Democrat fringe right now in DC. Most of the fringies are on the right.

Bachmann would be a disaster for the Republicans because if she became a strong candidate and did not win the nomination, I could easily see her setting up a third party.

9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

I have to disagree here the entire dem establishment is extreme and out of the mainstream these days. Where they are now is the left fringe 25 years ago.

10. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +498 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

And now we have the 2012 platform for the Obama (nicely gift-wrapped):

US Republican budget plan would cut $5.8 trln in 10 yrs | Reuters

Not sure if that means caps on spending and caps on tax cuts or caps on spending along with tax cuts.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 26 / -33

The Donald and his family was on Oprah Yesterday.. that makes something like 5 tv shows in about 24 hours...

Ka ching...$$$$$$$$$$$

12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You're not helping, Daryll. I hadn't thought about Trump for hours, and here you are reminding me to think about him! Thanks a LOT!