Welcome to PatsFans.com

Foxborough oil spill to "take weeks" to clean up

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is for all the people in here that were talking about how wonderfully easy it is to clean up oil spills on land, and that it would only take a couple of days or so.

I said how such accidents can often spill over into wetlands, rivers, or other water sources. The lefties in here ridiculed for that statement, most notably an individual who said theyhad driven all up and down all of Massachusetts without ever seeing any wetlands. Heck there ain't no water anywhere in Massachusetts if we believe that individual! Turns out that this fuel has indeed entered the groundwater.

Foxborough jet fuel spill cleanup could take weeks - Boston.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass.—State environmental officials say cleaning up the jet fuel that spilled when a tanker truck overturned at the junction of Interstates 95 and 495 in Foxborough last weekend is expected to take weeks.

Tests conducted by the state Department of Environmental Protection on Wednesday determined that the fuel had entered the groundwater, extending the cleanup period.

Agency spokesman Ed Coletta tells The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro that a long-term "pump and treat system" designed to suck up the groundwater, remove the fuel, and return the water, may have to be installed.
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Perhaps you'd like to cut and paste or, at the very least, link to those exact words, WP? Since we all know you never exaggerate or lie I'm sure you're accurate, but I just can't seem to find where anyone said anything of the sort.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why? The other thread is still open so anyone who wants to look at it can go ahead and do so.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

I wrote a book back in 1938, you can still find it in Library's the title is,

"How To Build A Swamp"
    By Harry
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

In other words, it's not there, no one ever said anything of the sort and you made up yet another story to suit your own bias.

Big surprise there.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In other words, I stand by my statement and the evidence is there for all to see in the other thread.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Riiiiight.....and if anyone finds where someone said "theyhad driven all up and down all of Massachusetts without ever seeing any wetlands." I'd really like to see it.

I'll even link to the thread in question so they know where to look.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/12/347357-meanwhile-closer-home.html

I'm unsure who you think you're fooling, WP, or why, but it's not working.

It's sad, really.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

So in other words you have nothing to "stand by" because there is nothing in that thread to support your bogus claim.

Your posts and threads are getting silly to the point that you're not even interesting any more. They either consist of hyperbole and lies or they are whining about being treated unfairly...

Boring. You need to regroup and try a different schtick -or both.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

They were driving at night.

Wolf is right I read it too.
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Great, Harry, link to it, please.....cut and paste it for us. Give us a post number - anything.

Put an end to the bewilderment.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And yet I have this regular bunch of groupies who respond to virtually everything I post. So what does this say about them?
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Your inflated view of yourself rises above reason once again..

Try to dumb it down, If you post a thread that invites discussion then discussion will ensue.. it is not about groupies or stalking, it is about discussion.. maybe you need to read the title of this board.. Political Discussion.. not Political Pontification.. not Political Soapbox with no rebuke... not Wolfpacks personal opportunity to say whatever he wants to say.

If you do not want discussion, do not post..

Now go back to mommy's basement, get on your magic underwear and tin foil hat and google Obama bad...
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You got me, I guess. It's still boring and you've made your point (that you can manage to attract attention to yourself by starting threads with lies just to get a reaction from someone) so congratulations. Now maybe you can start to act like a grownup and discuss the issues at hand logically and coherently and dispense with the childish bullsh!t and whining.

Grow up.