PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FOX was awful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Why so many shots of Peyton and whatnot, and no freaking replays of a great many plays...

The first Patriots' offensive play, no replays.

So many other key plays, no replays.

Very hard to get into and enjoy a game when things are moving so fast, and you can't slow it down to see it well.

Then they go to commercial for 3 minutes.

Give me CBS any day.

Why so many shots of Peyton and whatnot, and no freaking replays of a great many plays...

Very hard to get into and enjoy a game when things are moving so fast, and you can't slow it down to see it well.

Give me CBS any day.
I guess Fox is best at baseball...wait, Buck and McCarver. -Vomit icon-

What was great about the Peyton shots were the entire game he looked angry; even when he was clapping he looked like he someone just stole his lunch money.
And his wife sitting next to him, sat there motionless everytime the camera was on them.

Then at the end when eli threw the td, Peyton starts cheering; his wife looks over at him, sees that he's happy, then she jumps up -- she didn't jump up until she looked at him.

I honestly think she was afraid to react the entire game until he loosened up. Must be fun being in that booth.

The pregame was unwatchable. Imagine having Ryan "The Gay Blade" Seacrest interviewing celebrities on the red carpet...It was absolutely embarrassing. The biggest Football day of the year and I was watching Animal Planet up till kickoff. Way to go Fox

Speaking of sky BOXes...Brady's babe was guzzlin down the red wine.

Give me CBS any day.

I hate that stupid mecha-football guy graphic they always have in the lower left when coming back from commercial. And I stated that to friends I was watching the game with. So when the Terminator came out and kicked his azz we cheered every time. :D

The pregame was unwatchable. Imagine having Ryan "The Gay Blade" Seacrest interviewing celebrities on the red carpet...It was absolutely embarrassing. The biggest Football day of the year and I was watching Animal Planet up till kickoff. Way to go Fox

They turned the whole thing into a Fox-mercial. Seacrest hosting? And then he interviews Hugh wazzit (Laurey <sp>?)from House who stated this was his first "American-football" game ever. Yes lets here what he has to say about the Super Bowl. :rolleyes:

Give me CBS any day.
Where the hell was Archie..? I lost money betting they would show him over 4 1/2 times... I knew they would shove the Mannings down our collective throats but it was all Peyton, no Archie :mad:

Add to that list the fact that Buck and Aikman aren't really that good, either, and were slanting their opinions toward the network's real home team, the NJG.

I like the HD signal quality Fox has over CBS.
The pre game American Idol crap was lame.
I thought Aikman and Buck were fine, better then most, I am a Madden /Michael's guy.

I don't think they had a lot of time to show many replays, the first quarter went by faster then any SB I remember, plus with ad revenue being what it is you can't blame Fox for milking that.

I like Tom Petty a lot, but he was not the right guy to have play at the SB half time show.

Peyton looked like Jaba the Hut in his tower...

Such an expressionless face.

Most notable bad football announcing for me was that play on which Brandon Jacobs gained 7 yards, and they said four times he'd gotten extra yardage from driving his shoulder into Meriweather.

Actually, Meriweather stopped him in his tracks. The gain came before that.

No big deal, except for the endless repetition with replays. That made it pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes