PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fox Sports: Teams who should make a run at Matt Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnesota would never make the move. First, Chili's ego as a qb molder won't allow for him to admit he failed with TJack.

Comment from the article, makes sense we'll just have to sit back and see.

It's open season on Cassel starting on Friday! Can't wait!!! :eek:

I'm sorry, but this article scares me, based on the following sentence: "The general consensus is that Cassel wants about $75 million over five years, which includes $35 million in bonuses."

If this is indeed true, then Cassel and his agent are pricing themselves out of the market. This is ridiculous - a 5 year contract at $15M/year with #35 million in bonuses? No one in his right mind would sign any QB not named Brady or Manning (Peyton, not Eli) to anything like that. I know Pittsburgh signed Roethlisberger to an 8 year $102M extension, but Big Ben had already won a SB by that time. The signing bonus was $25M, and $36M of the contract was guaranteed.

I hope this is not true. Otherwise, say hello to $29M of QBs for 2009.

I'm sorry, but this article scares me, based on the following sentence: "The general consensus is that Cassel wants about $75 million over five years, which includes $35 million in bonuses."

If this is indeed true, then Cassel and his agent are pricing themselves out of the market. This is ridiculous - a 5 year contract at $15M/year with #35 million in bonuses? No one in his right mind would sign any QB not named Brady or Manning (Peyton, not Eli) to anything like that. I know Pittsburgh signed Roethlisberger to an 8 year $102M extension, but Big Ben had already won a SB by that time. The signing bonus was $25M, and $36M of the contract was guaranteed.

I hope this is not true. Otherwise, say hello to $29M of QBs for 2009.

The way I read that was 40 million over 5 years and up to 35 million in incentives.

Teams that, not who. C'mon Fox, it's the friggin' headline. :stars2:

Anyway, he says:

"Here are the obvious teams in definite need of a quarterback: Detroit, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, San Francisco and the New York Jets."

Then he proceeds to rule out KC and narrow it down to...Detroit, San Francisco and Minnesota. Anybody else confused?

Teams that, not who. C'mon Fox, it's the friggin' headline. :stars2:

Anyway, he says:

"Here are the obvious teams in definite need of a quarterback: Detroit, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, San Francisco and the New York Jets."

Then he proceeds to rule out KC and narrow it down to...Detroit, San Francisco and Minnesota. Anybody else confused?

Yeah, although the WTFism started for me at $75M/5 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back