PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fox Sports' Schein on Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots aren't going to be picking in the top three of the draft for the foreseeable future

That all could change next year with the help of Jamarcus Russell and the Oakland Raiders:)

Last edited:
From 2003 to 2007 the Pats had little to worry about from rest of the AFC East. But the last 2 years the Jets and Dolphins have closed the gap on the Pats. And both have young QB's in Sanchez and Henne who have chance to give both teams a stable young QB to compete with the Pats.

So the key for the Pats next few years will be if they have other teams in the AFC East that compete with them.

Re: Fox Sports Schein on Pats

Lord knows those 2 guys turned into real stallions for our team!!
I'm really hoping this guy is even good enough to be a 4th WR, and it doesn't take him 4 years to "get it", especially since his 1st year was a waste.

Ya whatever Muzz. 4 years to get it?? Chad Jackson never got it and never will. Why are you comparing him to Chad Jackson? BB drafted him knowing he probably wasn't going to be able to go in 2009. If he hadn't blown out his knee in college he would have been taken in the 1st round.

As much as everyone wants to make fun of zoostation's opinion here, I have to say that I am excited about Tate, if he can stay healthy. He is a tremendous asset as a kick returner, he's physical and he's fast. I think he is the best receiver prospect they've had on this team in years--talent wise he matches up with the Chad Jacksons and Bethel Johnsons they've had in years past.

Now, I sure hope that he has to scratch and fight just to make the team, because they've brought in some veteran talent and maybe someone in through the draft to compete for a spot. I still think we're going to see Brandon Tate making some plays for the Pats---IF he can shake the injury bug.

Finally a voice of reason. And I know you aren't comparing him to Bethel or CJack. But stating that he matches up with potential talent they had as a prospects. He has all the tools to become a premier wide-out and a stand out kick/punt returner. I'm going to give the guy a chance and not bury him before he takes the field healthy.

Back on field, Tate wants to tear it up - The Boston Globe

Last edited:

Ya whatever Muzz. 4 years to get it?? Chad Jackson never got it and never will. Why are you comparing him to Chad Jackson? BB drafted him knowing he probably wasn't going to be able to go in 2009. If he hadn't blown out his knee in college he would have been taken in the 1st round.

Where he was taken by Bill means nothing, the 2 picks mentioned prove that, as does Edleman.
I wasn't comparing him, Chad and Bethel were mentioned, so I chimed in......sorry about that, I'll never chime in while in a forum again.....:rolleyes:

Like I said, regardless of where Tate was taken, and what he did in college mean ZERO, nothing,nada.

hopefully this isn't an empty promise

Yada yada yada...........:rolleyes:
Remember this when Tate falls on his face and is a failure like Jackson and Johnson, and try not to use the knee as an excuse, considering it was like that already.

Remember this when Tate falls on his face and is a failure like Jackson and Johnson, and try not to use the knee as an excuse, considering it was like that already.

Okay Mr Sunshine...I'll keep that in mind.

We're doooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

So Patriots fans are in the business of projecting Patriots players as failures in advance? I'm not sure what I make of that.

So Patriots fans are in the business of projecting Patriots players as failures in advance? I'm not sure what I make of that.
Not what I'm HOPING for, but I admit to being very skeptical about Bill's WR picks, especially when folks are expecting alot.

I'd love to see him become a great WR, I just have serious doubts about that, and if I had to bet my bet wouldn't be cast in the Pats favor..being damaged goods to start with obviously doesn't help his cause.

It's not exactly a total collapse either. If there is a cap, the Pats could have $40-50 million of cap space. If there is no cap, their real dollar payroll is like $30 million below their lowest real dollar payroll in the last 5 years and like $60 million below their highest. The Pats have plenty of room to fix their problems.

And I hope they use all of whatever money becomes available. Step 1 is re-signing Wilfork, Mankins & Faulk, followed by Bodden, TBC & Watson.

You almost sound like you want Tate to be a failure in an attempt to make him eat crow. Hopefully I'm misreading this. :confused:

lol...I'm not even sure he's a Patriot fan. Hey Muzz...the wagon is leaving the parking lot in the Meadowlands...if you run really fast you can jump on.

I'll never chime in while in a forum again.

Another empty promise

Have you ever seen him play? It seems to me you are basing your entire argument on draft picks from the past.

I'm sure you'll deny this, but my money says you have never watched an entire game he played while at UNC. I know this doesn't all of a sudden make him an all pro receiver in the NFL, but I've seen this kid play several times and I think he has a huge upside.

lol...I'm not even sure he's a Patriot fan. Hey Muzz...the wagon is leaving the parking lot in the Meadowlands...if you run really fast you can jump on.

You were probably still lint in ya daddys shorts when I started cheering the Pats on.

I just don't fawn over guys that haven't proven ANYTHING on the big stage.

Meadowlands...bah what a fool

Great he has huge upside....sweet.. :rolleyes:
Now if he can finally get healthy then maybe the Pats will actually see a good play or 2 before he starts crying for a new contract.

He's proven NOTHING, and until then he's no better than Jackson and Johnson, AAMOF he's not even at their level yet, because he's done ZERO.

Another empty promise

Have you ever seen him play? It seems to me you are basing your entire argument on draft picks from the past.

I'm sure you'll deny this, but my money says you have never watched an entire game he played while at UNC. I know this doesn't all of a sudden make him an all pro receiver in the NFL, but I've seen this kid play several times and I think he has a huge upside.

You almost sound like you want Tate to be a failure in an attempt to make him eat crow. Hopefully I'm misreading this. :confused:

No, I don't WANT him to fail, I just get tired of folks acting like this guy has done something and that he's going to be a stud when he's done NOTHING.

This isn't just THIS thread, this BS has been going on since the guy was drafted.......drafted hurt for crying out loud.....I smell another wasted pick.

No, I don't WANT him to fail, I just get tired of folks acting like this guy has done something and that he's going to be a stud when he's done NOTHING.

This isn't just THIS thread, this BS has been going on since the guy was drafted.......drafted hurt for crying out loud.....I smell another wasted pick.

That's a funny post in and of itself. You whine about overreactions toward Tate........ then proceed to overreact yourself in the very last line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back