PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fox Sports ranks Brady as #10 on list of Most Injury Prone NFL players

Status
Not open for further replies.
weren't people blaming his performance in the jets playoff game on some kind of bad foot or something?

I don't know that we were 'blaming' anything, just taking it into consideration. When you get a 300 yd performance with 2 TD's, a QB rating that topped that of his 10 year average, (which is obviously pretty good), and you take into account that the offensive line didn't exactly keep him properly protected, I think talking about 'his performance' in the Jets game must be looked at fairly.

The bottom line again--is that usually a 300 yd game, with 2 TD's, and a higher QB rating than that of an illustrious career average will most usually get you the win. I would argue that 6 to 6 1/2 times out of 10, if you saw that stat line from Brady, you'd have expected a win.

Most of the impact plays that came in that game were when Brady was standing on the sideline:

--Chung's horrible misfortune on the punt (not to mention questionable play calling from either him/Belichick/or even both)

--The defense's inability to stop Braylon Edwards from making a key 40 yd catch right before the half

--Again, the defense's inability to stop Jerrico Cotchery from going up the middle for a 52 yd RAC that put the game away, after Brady had cut it to 14-11 on a great drive, and a successful 2 pt conversion attempt

--a failed on-sides kick that likely came too early

The only thing that anything remotely to do with Brady was the dropped TD catch by Crumpler, which would have given them the momentum. Other than that, he literally was not even on the field...If you watched the game you would know that he marched down the field at least a few times on that defense. Once in the beginning, once in the early 3rd quarter, and once in the 4th quarter. There was actually a point where he went 10 for 12, completed a bunch of passes in a row etc. I would not think that anyone would need to 'make excuses' for that kind of performance, although there are some here that expect a 350+ game, with 3-4 TD's. Oh yeah, if the defense doesn't give up close to 30 points, that reflects better on Brady too.

To think that he actually did all of that with a broken foot, where he actually needed surgery to repair it, it obviously worth noting. Just the same way that you would 'stick up' for Philip Rivers' torn/pulled ACL gutty performance in the 07 AFCCG. (which I have a lot of respect for)

Last edited:
I don't know that we were 'blaming' anything, just taking it into consideration. When you get a 300 yd performance with 2 TD's, a QB rating that topped that of his 10 year average, (which is obviously pretty good), and you take into account that the offensive line didn't exactly keep him properly protected, I think talking about 'his performance' in the Jets game must be looked at fairly.

The bottom line again--is that usually a 300 yd game, with 2 TD's, and a higher QB rating than that of an illustrious career average will most usually get you the win. I would argue that 6 to 6 1/2 times out of 10, if you saw that stat line from Brady, you'd have expected a win.

Most of the impact plays that came in that game were when Brady was standing on the sideline:

--Chung's horrible misfortune on the punt (not to mention questionable play calling from either him/Belichick/or even both)

--The defense's inability to stop Braylon Edwards from making a key 40 yd catch right before the half

--Again, the defense's inability to stop Jerrico Cotchery from going up the middle for a 52 yd RAC that put the game away, after Brady had cut it to 14-11 on a great drive, and a successful 2 pt conversion attempt

--a failed on-sides kick that likely came too early

The only thing that anything remotely to do with Brady was the dropped TD catch by Crumpler, which would have given them the momentum. Other than that, he literally was not even on the field...If you watched the game you would know that he marched down the field at least a few times on that defense. Once in the beginning, once in the early 3rd quarter, and once in the 4th quarter. There was actually a point where he went 10 for 12, completed a bunch of passes in a row etc. I would not think that anyone would need to 'make excuses' for that kind of performance, although there are some here that expect a 350+ game, with 3-4 TD's. Oh yeah, if the defense doesn't give up close to 30 points, that reflects better on Brady too.

To think that he actually did all of that with a broken foot, where he actually needed surgery to repair it, it obviously worth noting. Just the same way that you would 'stick up' for Philip Rivers' torn/pulled ACL gutty performance in the 07 AFCCG. (which I have a lot of respect for)

i thought that early int was pretty bad, but if i recall it only resulted in a missed fg for the jets right?

not saying brady's numbers were bad, and others didn't fail him, just saying it was like a late to the party type of game for him

i thought that early int was pretty bad, but if i recall it only resulted in a missed fg for the jets right?

not saying brady's numbers were bad, and others didn't fail him, just saying it was like a late to the party type of game for him

Yes, the early INT (which was the first one in 9-10 games) was a momentum killer. It didn't lead to anything, you are right, but it likely took pts off the board for the team. Then the NYJ missed the FG, and they had a shot to take the momentum again, but Crumpler dropped the TD pass.

Other than that, I am always going to have a knack for backing him up in this case.

Other than that off-topic stuff, I really could care less about this article that states him as injury-prone. It's more than obvious when the author leaves out such guys as Bob Sanders and Troy Polomalu that he is just looking for more hits--although I would agree that Tom has battled like a warrior through injuries before, just like any other QB. At least he proves his toughness though.

Yes, the early INT (which was the first one in 9-10 games) was a momentum killer. It didn't lead to anything, you are right, but it likely took pts off the board for the team. Then the NYJ missed the FG, and they had a shot to take the momentum again, but Crumpler dropped the TD pass.

Other than that, I am always going to have a knack for backing him up in this case.

Other than that off-topic stuff, I really could care less about this article that states him as injury-prone. It's more than obvious when the author leaves out such guys as Bob Sanders and Troy Polomalu that he is just looking for more hits--although I would agree that Tom has battled like a warrior through injuries before, just like any other QB. At least he proves his toughness though.
i thought he had bob sanders as #3

as for polomalu, you're so right, dude is injured alot

i thought he had bob sanders as #3

as for polomalu, you're so right, dude is injured alot

I'm sorry, you are right. Sanders was on there. I was going by another poster who claimed that he should've been on there. That's how much the article meant to me--I didn't even read it, LOL.

Roethlisberger is another one that comes to mind, way before Brady IMO. Has has had both knees, a seperated shoulder, muliple concussions, the appendectomy, the motorcycle crash, his hand/finger, his eye, his foot, a broken nose--the list goes on and on.

I guess that's the life of an NFL QB though.

I think most of the NFL QB's are on the tougher side, but I do think that Roesthlisberger likes the media attn that comes with it, while Brady is constantly downplaying things, and even flat out lying/denying at times.

I'm sorry, you are right. Sanders was on there. I was going by another poster who claimed that he should've been on there. That's how much the article meant to me--I didn't even read it, LOL.

Roethlisberger is another one that comes to mind, way before Brady IMO. Has has had both knees, a seperated shoulder, muliple concussions, the appendectomy, the motorcycle crash, his hand/finger, his eye, his foot, a broken nose--the list goes on and on.

I guess that's the life of an NFL QB though.

I think most of the NFL QB's are on the tougher side, but I do think that Roesthlisberger likes the media attn that comes with it, while Brady is constantly downplaying things, and even flat out lying/denying at times.
totally, ben's always got a broken rib or some such **** lol

i remember when luis castillo crushed his leg , i think the sob went on to win the sb vs the seahwaks that year (with a pretty bad qb rating though)

totally, ben's always got a broken rib or some such **** lol

i remember when luis castillo crushed his leg , i think the sob went on to win the sb vs the seahwaks that year (with a pretty bad qb rating though)

He had a 22 passer rating or something.9/21 123 yards 2 INT. ****tiest performance ever for a SB winning QB.

But he don't need to pass no goddamn ball. He is big and has refs and the Steel Curtain on his side.

Last edited:
He had a 22 passer rating or something.9/21 123 yards 2 INT. ****tiest performance ever for a SB winning QB.

But he don't need to pass no goddamn ball. He is big and has refs and the Steel Curtain on his side.

yeah that game was reffed pretty poorly, but the seahawks didn't help by letting antwan randle el throw for a td, and parker run one for 75 yards lol

and damn....big ben is massive and powerful, he's like the only qb i know whose comp % goes up after contact.

Agreed.

Brady has actually sustained a large number of injuries, he just plays through most of them. Heck, Brady played with a sports hernia around the same time McNabb was sidelined by one.

I can't deny Brady is injured alot - at least the last 3 or 4 years, but perhaps he should be looked at as toughest, being that he usually PLAYS with these injuries.

I agree - wasn't Brady on the injury list every week for the last decade with a "probable" shoulder?

And Peyton Manning who has had a nagging neck injury preceeding the last two seasons that required two surgeries in back to back seasons coming off his multiple bursa sac surgery off season in 2008 that had him hobbling through the first half is never listed on the Colts injury report and never misses a start so I guess he isn't injury prone...

If this clown was looking for another candidate to fill out his list, and he didn't want to tap Polamalu or his QB, he could have included old Noodle Arm - perhaps the classic example of a starting player who lost a couple of franchise QB gigs to being injury prone. Deion Branch anyone? Or that QB he played with occasionally in Seattle who is clinging to his job by his fingernails at this point? Brees, who played injured all of last year (perhaps fortuitously) lost the Chargers starting job to injury... Favre was always injured, particularly between INT's and TD's in critical games...just couldn't keep him off the field. And his eventual replacement bristled at being called injury prone even though he suffered two substantial injuries while backing up Favre from the bench. And last year he nearly achieved the concussion trifecta...

Everyone else on this clown's list missed multiple games in multiple seasons... Brady lost A season to one traumatic injury. Given the timing, had it happened in week 17 ala Welker he likely still would have never missed a game... If you're going to compile a list of the most injury prone players in the NFL a good place to start is with the dozens of guys who can't play well or at all through them often because almost everyone playing in the NFL is injured to some extent every season from the time camp starts...

Injury prone just means that you get injured a lot. It doesn't mean that you miss games, and it doesn't mean that you aren't a tough guy.

Injury prone in a football sense has to include missing games. Everyone in football is injured almost all the time. The only question is the severity of the injury and whether or not the player can play through it.

Brady isn't even in the top 100 of injury prone over the last 5 years much less the top 10. Of course, he's a top QB in the NFL so he receives a lot of press. And, yes, BB does play the injury game by listing him on the injury report every week as "probable - shoulder" which is next to meaningless. But any inclusion of Brady as one of the most injury prone players in the NFL is a joke and just plain stupid.

Last edited:
Injury prone in a football sense has to include missing games. Everyone in football is injured almost all the time. The only question is the severity of the injury and whether or not the player can play through it.

Brady isn't even in the top 100 of injury prone over the last 5 years much less the top 10. Of course, he's a top QB in the NFL so he receives a lot of press. And, yes, BB does play the injury game by listing him on the injury report every week as "probable - shoulder" which is next to meaningless. But any inclusion of Brady as one of the most injury prone players in the NFL is a joke and just plain stupid.

No, it's not, because Brady's injuries have been well publicized. What's "a joke and just plain stupid" is getting worked up over Brady being on this list.

Am I the only one who thinks that "injury prone" best refers to players like those who repeatedly blow out their hammies with no contact, and not to players like those who get their knees collapsed for them?

Depends on how you define injury prone. If you're counting weeks spent on the injury report for mysterious reasons, Brady is likely entering elite territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back