PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FOX Sports: Pats would take Moss off the Raiders hands for a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats0204

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6064068

"Believe me — New England's Bill Belichick would take Moss off of Oakland's hands. But the Patriots aren't prepared to trade a first-round pick for Moss. Maybe a conditional pick in that neighborhood, but nothing higher than a third-round pick right now."

Czarina has to say "believe me" a lot. Because he just makes stuff up.

There might be something to it or not. Pure speculation.

The Oakland situation is the best endorsement of the way the Patriots do business.

Nothing but speculation.

I'm sure the majority of the league would take Moss for a conditional 3rd.

Last edited:
OntarioPatsFan said:

I have thought about this more and more, way more than I really should be. I was about to say that of the two I would trade a 2nd or 3rd for Porter because he is relatively cheap against the cap and will provide more production than any 2nd or 3rd rounder in the 2007 draft....

Then I saw this post, if we could get Moss for a 2nd it is an outright theft and Al Davis should be sent the asylum. If we can get Porter for a 3rd, conditional 2nd if he hits 10 TDs , 1000 yards, etc. it is a bargain.

So in summary, Porter for a 3rd or Moss for a 2nd. I do it in a heartbeat. I am not concerned at all about "character" issues, if it is a major concern either player can be dropped or traded after the 07 season.

Moss for a 2nd ? immediately...

for a 1st ? mmm...probably not

If they trade Moss for a first, it really brings home the point that, for less money and less headache, they should have signed Branch.

OntarioPatsFan said:
Probably a conditional 2nd even.

Myself I believe that Moss for anything less than a 1st is a monumental steal for the team acquiring him. Frankly I don't think the Raiders deal Moss for anything less than a 1st plus.

yeah this is stupid.

We would also trade one of Mike Vrabel's turds for Randy Moss.

Would the Pats do it ? sure
would the Raiders do it? NOT A CHANCE IN HELL

That is all that matters

OntarioPatsFan said:

The big difference between the Pats and the rest of the league is that they have the CAP ROOM to sign this guy. But if they did, that begs the question - why sign this problem child Moss and let the 'model of a Patriot' in Branch go?

I do not see this happening. Not while Bellichick and Brady are in the house.

Last edited:
Only 3 more days until the trading deadliine is over. Then we won't have to see anymore trade for ***** **** threads.

After that we will see 100, "we should have traded for ***** ****" threads.

And Moss is easily worth a 3rd plus depending on the restructured contract worked out with Moss. As is, it's just Moss til the end of the year. It is not the patriot's style to rent a player for rest of the season for even a second.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Probably a conditional 2nd even.

Myself I believe that Moss for anything less than a 1st is a monumental steal for the team acquiring him. Frankly I don't think the Raiders deal Moss for anything less than a 1st plus.

I can't stop imagining how many run yards we'd pile up with that guy stretching out the D. If anyone can 'fix' him, the Pats can.

You think that Belichick and Brady would prefer having Branch to Moss straight up? Brady would like to have jsut one year with a premier receiver.

Drewwho said:
The big difference between the Pats and the rest of the league is that they have the CAP ROOM to sign this guy. But if they did, that begs the question - why sign this problem child Moss and let the 'model of a Patriot' in Branch go?

I do not see this happening. Not while Bellichick and Brady are in the house.

Why exactly did Oakland let Gabriel go? To free up playing time for Moss and Porter?

mgteich said:
You think that Belichick and Brady would prefer having Branch to Moss straight up? Brady would like to have jsut one year with a premier receiver.

Moss is a headcase and Yeah, I do think that Brady would perfer the devil he knows vs. the devil he doesn't know!

Sir Otilc said:
If they trade Moss for a first, it really brings home the point that, for less money and less headache, they should have signed Branch.

Randy Moss, warts and all, is a WAY better receiver than Deion Branch. For God's sake, let's get real, people.

Pats0204 said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6064068

"Believe me — New England's Bill Belichick would take Moss off of Oakland's hands. But the Patriots aren't prepared to trade a first-round pick for Moss. Maybe a conditional pick in that neighborhood, but nothing higher than a third-round pick right now."

Here is a snippet from ESPN on the Denver vs Oakland game in reference to Moss:

"Unless WR Randy Moss has a revelation at some point this week and changes his ways, don't expect the big fireworks that should develop when you have the best shutdown CB in the NFL (Champ Bailey) matching up against him. Moss is one of the laziest players we have viewed on film this season. Moss has always had some dog to him, but he has taken it to new heights this year. He regularly comes off the line lethargic. He consistently quits on his routes.

You look at last weeks game where Walter throws him a perfect strike and he gives a half-hearted effort on what should have been a TD catch. This should be an easy day at the office for Bailey who is more used to seeing guys opposite of him who want to challenge him."

Moss may be more talented than Branch but will he be able to pick up a totally new offense. And even if he can pick up the offense his work ethic is still questionable. That being said, he'd probably be worth a 2nd rounder just because of his ability when he does have his head screwed on straight.

Anyways I don't see it happening. Al Davis is too proud to trade Moss for anything less than a 1st. Doing so would be admitting that he screwed up in trading for him. With Moss dogging it and Porter in the coach's doghouse it's no wonder that Oakland is sucking so bad this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back