PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fox Sports Mike Rosenberg: Goodell is letting the Patriots off too easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not allowed, meaning you broke the rules. I think that would qualify as cheating.

A chop block which is one of the most dangerous illegal things a player can do to another and can cause a significant knee/leg injury which could be career threatening yet only results in a 15 yard penalty issued - Thats cheating but you don't see players who do this suspended or punished more severely do you?

Last edited:
And you still didn't answer my question, why did the Pats steal signals after that memo went out?
First - there was nothing in the memo making sign stealing illegal. It is legal.
Second - why did they continue to use the camera ? I thought I answered it. Belichick must have considered it to be such a minor rules violation that even if they were caught there wouldn't be much of a penalty. Obviously he made an error in judgment there.

And you still didn't answer my question, why did the Pats steal signals after that memo went out?

Stealing signals is not against the rules you twit.

Man, you're looking at this situation through some pretty thick glasses. And you still didn't answer my question, why did the Pats steal signals after that memo went out?

You mean after the memo went out in 2006? http://fansforaccuratemedia.com/

Get your facts right before you bring your weak arguments in here, troll.

Man, you're looking at this situation through some pretty thick glasses. And you still didn't answer my question, why did the Pats steal signals after that memo went out?

The memo didn't state whether recordings couldn't be used for future games. Just that they couldn't be used during the game. Signals are given in plain sight so anyone could potentially "steal" them. The Pats simply did it out in the open as opposed to the other teams who likely do it "secretly" therefore haven't been caught.

Yes I will, give me some examples

Yankees and Jets, off the top of my head. Yankees for Roger Cheatmens and Jason Cheatambi, and the Jets for Eric Mancheati's taping ofthe Patriots in the end zone back in 2006, which got swept under the carpet pretty quickly at NFL headquarters.

Let me ask you a question, if the camera didn't help them then why would they take the risk at doing it. There is no logical answer to that that you can give me.

As I just stated, the memo doesn't specify that it can't be used for future games therefore Bill's statement that he misinterpreted the rules is completely plausible. He didn't believe he was breaking a rule, but turns out he was. He & the team got punished. We accept that.

There's been NO NEW EVIDENCE since then therefore no additional punishment is warranted.

I'm gonna end this, why did you get punished then? Answer that, admit it, YOU BROKE THE RULES
Wow you really are stupid aren't you.

We broke the rules - YES.
The commissioner overreacted - YES.
We cheated - NO.

Damn, warn me before you tell jokes, I had water coming out of my nose I was laughing so hard.

I'm out, but think of how you're going to explain to your kids what this means next to the Pats Super Bowls "*". I'm sure you'll come up with some twisted logic like you have on this.

I'm gonna end this, why did you get punished then? Answer that, admit it, YOU BROKE THE RULES

Why weren't the Panthers punished for having a SB roster half filled with roid/hgh users? Because they weren't the hated Patriots. Admit that! The rest of the country wants to see the Pats dynasty go down in flames & this whole spygate scandal was all the fuel you needed.

The Patriots were punished for video taping outside.

Originally Posted by Scottso

and your team did NOT.? Of course NOT because yours WAS not CAUGHT.? Does it make you feel any better when yours has done it one way or another but was not 'caught'.?

Yes, Pats broke every rule and record in NFL. We did them all and we are BAD boys.!

Last edited:
I'm out, but think of how you're going to explain to your kids what this means next to the Pats Super Bowls "*". I'm sure you'll come up with some twisted logic like you have on this.

My kids won't be reading the New York Post, which is the only place that will have any asteriks. And that is just them trying to appeal to thier stupid Jet fan readers.

I learned everything I needed to know about Jet fans in 1998 when they were yelling obsceneties at my 8 year old brother in his Patriots jacket. Screaming at me is fine...saying "You f*ckin suck" to a child is disgusting.

How dense are you?

They were never punished for stealing signals. They were, however, punished for illegal taping. That's that.

The tapes don't look to have been used in-game, either. So why would they do it? Well, if Belichick believed it was permitted under his interpretation of the rules then he wouldn't have to justify it.

There won't be any * because the truth will & has already started to come out about how insignificant taping signals is. Also in the future this era will be looked upon similarily to how the Cowboys were treated in the 90s with such hate simply for being great. The fact is the Cowboys were the last benefactors of not having to comply with a salary cap, so in the end the Patriots will be looked at as the greatest dynasty of all time. :rocker:

Last edited:
They were never punished for stealing signals. They were, however, punished for illegal taping.

Ah I just can't stop. You guys are so ridiculous. Illegal taping of what? The f-in signals. What in the hell are you talking about? And why was the taping illegal, cause they don't want you stealing signals. It's all about the integrity of the game.

* stands for the first NFL team won 16-0 in a salary cap and other NFL records. 07 is still a good year for Pats whether you like it or not.

As a pats fan, i am not happy to see my team hands caught in a cookie jar but i am not going to demean another caught team when i know mine has done it too even though mine is not penelized for doing it.

Ah I just can't stop. You guys are so ridiculous. Illegal taping of what? The f-in signals. What in the hell are you talking about? And why was the taping illegal, cause they don't want you stealing signals. It's all about the integrity of the game.

Don't be naive. Every team steals signals one way of another. It's been written about, and admitted in many interviews. Do you live under a rock?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back