Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fox on the Run

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 28, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +246 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

LOL, it's much EASIER to be a critic.

I remember people asking Rush the same thing when Clinton was elected back in '92. And he pointed out the fertile ground he would have with Clinton in office.

Newsflash - the reason Fox is popular (relative to cable) isn't because Bush is in office, it's because IT'S THE ONLY WATCHABLE TV NEWS CHANNEL FOR 40+% OF THE COUNTRY. Because Republicans surely can't watch other news channels for long periods of time.
  3. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Kind of a strange article, I mean, they even point out its still the top rated news channel! Their evidence it is slowing down is CNN's higher ratings when CNN was broadcasting the Presidential debates? I think the people at Time need to remember just wanting something to be true doesn't make it so!
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Fox will never go under, the people now know that Fox is the only place they can go to hear and see all the things the Liberal media won't show or tell them.

After you watch Cute Perky Katie tell you a story switch over to Fox and listen to the same story, you will be amazed at what little "Pie Face" didn't want you to hear from her.

:bricks:
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

ten charactors.
  6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

This is why any corporate media is not to be trusted. Fox is here to stay, though Newscorp will change it's presentation to pander to the demographic they have carved out for themselves, it's a business and it won't risk it's own survival if its indoctrination methods start to fail.
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

It is funny how Time Warner, a HUGE corporation, also provides a pay a paycheck to Bill Maher. Who said big corporations were bad. These whinny liberals are so god damned funny.:rofl:
  8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're a very short sighted and bitter person, it appears.

The police are all fascist pigs, and now Fox News practices "indoctrination methods".

Has it occurred to you at all that Fox is successful because roughly half the country watches because when they watch it they don't get insulted? If you have any leanings toward the right and try to watch MSNBC for any length of time you wind up throwing sh!t or kicking walls. I know, it's happened. :D
  9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Try a Keith Olbermann voodoo doll, they are very therapeutic:rocker:
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Not a suprise that you would resort to calling me names as you've failed miserably everywhere else today.

I never said "the police are all fascist police."

And you once again are arguing with what you want me to say v. what I actually have said. When have I defended MSNBC or any other corporate source? They are all skewed by who owns them and who advertises on their airwaves so, in my mind they all lack credibility when it comes to certain issues.

So, for certain issues, I use alternative sources that have no corporate agenda and you immedialtely see an easy out of the argument by attacking the news source rather than the content. The only reason why the source is marginalized (in your mind) is because it isn't corporately owned. Every news source has its slant and bias.

For certain issues selecting the source is important because it may be skewed by other interests. Exactly like this article, which clearly just wants to beat out Fox in a business sense and thus puts out a hit piece against them. If you had bothered to actually read what I wrote you would have realized that.
  11. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

/I'm sorry but I couldn't help it...
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What names did I call you? Suggesting someone is short sighted isn't calling someone a name. Now, "fulking dumbass", that's calling you a name.
    See the difference sweetie?

It's funny. You accept that all corporate media has a point of view, yet apparently ordinary people who post videos on youtube have no agendas and are to be believed completely.

That just doesn't make sense.
  13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

The video speaks for itself, I said that in that case context doesn't make a difference to what I was saying.

And, sweetie, you said something moronic like I was " a short-sighted and bitter person" which couldn't be further from the truth (or any more ironic).

Have you read anything of what I've written? Or do you just see that I responded, erect a fake argument that you think a typical liberal would make and then argue against it? I said everything has a bias, and SOME ISSUES are best left to CERTAIN SOURCES. I never said "corporate media is unreliable in all situations." Once again with the straw man nonsense.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, I said it APPEARS that you're short sighted and bitter, judging from your posts today.

Cops are thugs and fascists, it's okay for black people to treat white people with racism and Fox is horrible (indoctrination tactics) but you won't acknowledge that the guy who posted that tazing video might well have an agenda AND that we no nothing of the actual context of anything shown there--we don't even know if they're real.
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Everything you just typed, write the exact opposite and you'll get what I actually said.

SOME cops are thugs and fascists.

I never once said it's okay for black people to treat white people with racism.

and I fully acknowledged that he has an agenda, one in which I disagree with (if it's 9/11 truth nonsense). But it doesn't really have anything to do with why I posted it. If I say all use of tazers is wrong, it doesn't matter where the clips come from or who posted them.

Keep spinning like a champ.
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Sure they will survive ... they will be stronger than ever actually. Rush Limbaugh was at his peak when clinton was in office. It's always easy to make news when you are the antagonist ... news is not about feeling good as we all know ... it's highly negative.

This is assuming McCain does not win ... but even if he does win ... because he is a liberal himself Fox will be strong. if they play their cards right they could help swing the house and senate more to the right ... we'll soon see.
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Did you say this?

Or this:

There are different degrees of wrong, you said.

Among other things.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

You can't really be that obtuse. I said there are different degrees of wrong. You said that I said racism from blacks towards whites is okay. You either deliberately lied or have trouble reading.
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Ever heard Chris Mattews talk about the 2nd amendment?

Anyhow, I wonder how Wildo feels about the public education system in this country. :rolleyes:
  20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

If you look at the number of copies Time sels the real question is can Time survive?