Welcome to PatsFans.com

FOX News: Shep Smith destroys the Wisconsin BS

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Shep Smith Wisconsin Union Busting | No Budget Crisis | Koch | Mediaite

Shep suggested that the Democratic party could be in big trouble if their biggest donors, the unions, lose their power and summed it up as “bust the unions – it’s over.” Furthermore, Shep brought up the fact that the “Koch brothers, among others, were organizing to try to bust labor – it’s what big business wants to do.” Given that the Koch brothers contributed to the campaign of Wisconsin Governor Walker, Shep said people should not be surprised that now they want unions busted.

KILLING it!

Im the first to call out FOX news when they create truth, but when they actually tell you the truth I'll give props. Watch as Juan Williams says that the truth might make people mad.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 5 / -21

What is very sad is that the Tea Party actually views this as their fight, but in reality they are pimping the Koch Brothers and their agenda..

The same way they were used by Big Pharma last summer..

Bottom line is that the Koch's have their eyes on the Wisconsin Power Plants by getting no bid contracts... in about 5-10 years the people of Wisconsin will realize what a bad decision Walker was..

Yesterday when Walker got punked by someone pretending to be a Koch Brother is classic.. will not take phone calls from anyone in the Dem Party or the Unions, but will take a call from a Koch.. guess whose butt he is licking..

Walker fabricated a budget deficit, and now he demonizes the Unions..
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Five or ten years? How about right now? Walker has made Wisconsin a laughing stock. How could the people of Wisconsin voted this clown in, they were had.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  4. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You guys are going to keep up the Koch Brothers delusion, eh? Even after it has been demonstrated that the public unions outspent them in WI?
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Here's the fine line distinction I draw between The Koch Brothers and the unions.

1) The "unions" are composed of many assorted unions. Not all of them have the same agenda.

The "unions" are, at least nominally, composed of thousands of people. They represent a multitude and seek good for that multitude. That multitude is composed of voters.

2) The Koch Brothers are composed of, well, The Koch Brothers. They have but one agenda.

The Koch Brothers is composed of two people and some businesses. They represent themselves and their personal businesses. They seek good for themselves and their personal businesses.
  6. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The Koch brothers are just ONE of the RT wing conservative entities that spent money. But they did give Dick Armey the money to fund Freedom Works and ultimately the Tea Party.
  7. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The delusion is that they are more influential.

In the WI governor's race, unions outspent the Koch Brothers by almost 10 to 1 (Unions $403,499, Koch Brothers $43,000).
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 5 / -21

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is..

9. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The real point i he said that the Koch brothers and Walker are trying to "bust the unions" what they spent is secondary to what they're intent is/was.
  10. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

So the Koch brothers gave $1 million to the RGA and all of that went to the Wisconsin race? I guess they aren't trying to take over the entire country and funding the entire Tea Party movement nationwide after all, eh? :rolleyes:

The RGA did outspend the DGA in Wisconsin this year. That may have been because they thought it was a lost cause, in which case the RGA money was misspent.

Outside groups raising big money in governor's race - JSOnline

The DGA spent $47.7 million nationwide. The RGA spent $105.6 million.

Democratic Governors Assn: Expenditures, 2010 Cycle | OpenSecrets

Republican Governors Assn: Expenditures, 2010 Cycle | OpenSecrets

Not sure we can attribute that nearly $60 million difference to the Koch Brothers.

In 2010, the DGA got almost $4 million from the AFSCME alone, over $1 million each from the AFT and SEIU.

Democratic Governors Assn: Top Contributors, 2010 Cycle | OpenSecrets

Take a look at the list of top contributors to 527's. The top 3 are unions. Number 5 is the DGA itself (more PAC to PAC kind of stuff, I guess).

Top Contributors to Federally Focused 527 Organizations, 2010 Election Cycle | OpenSecrets

I think that $1 million figure for Koch Industries is incorrect. They don't even make the list of top 20 contributors to 527s in 2010. It's not on the list of top recipients from their PAC, either.

Koch Industries Expenditures | OpenSecrets
  11. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Not when you are citing it as proof of a conspiracy of some sort.
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 3 / -10

No one can accuse Shep Smith of being a right-wing conspirator. And he's employed by Fox?? Wow...WTF?:confused:

Could it be that Fox is at least somewhat "Fair & Balanced"?
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I don't think 1 honest statement by 1 anchor every few years counts as a "balance".

In the back of my mind, I believe that the Koch brothers have some kind of Randolph and Mortimer Duke bet going about how facist they can make America....probably are betting $1.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Trading-Places-p10.jpg
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

THere are others like him. Pat Buchanan works for MSNBC. It sucks we even have to have this discussion. The 24-hour news cycle is disasterous to politics and social life in this country. I'm a bit sick of it. You go to a diner, the bank, even at the freaking gas pump. There's no escape from these self-important spokesmodels who think they are telling the truth or worse, know they aren't.

I like Smith, really admire the balls Anderson Cooper shows, and have fun switching between Rachel and Sean once in a while. It's even funnier when they're talking about the same subject, but using completely different sets of facts. Does anyone else do that? Does it make me a wierdo?
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

Smith is the one guy on Fox News (that I'm aware of) who seems like an actual journalist and tries to be a straight shooter. You could tell me that he's a Dem, Republican or Independent, and none of the 3 would surprise me.

"somewhat fair and balanced" -- isn't that a bit of a contradiction in terms?
  16. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

Love the reference, but I don't think the Koch brothers support fascism at all -- I'd say the opposite.
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 3 / -10

Almost all Fox' NEWS shows (before 8pm) featuring hosts Bret Baier & Shepard Smith are not opinionated and seem as fair and balanced as any other hosts. If you don't agree, which one do you believe are not fair & balanced.
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 2 / -1

tell me which ones are supposed to be "news" -- I've seen varying definitions from Fox, so you tell me who you want to discuss, and I'll tell you my opinion I have of them (if I have one)
  19. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Yeah what ever...
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

They could be doing it all for $1, it would still be a conspiricy. But if you insist.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...Gov.-Scott-Walker-take-a-call-from-David-Koch

Collectively, the Koch group was Walker's second-largest contributor last year, just behind realtor and developer interests. They've also founded and are major funders of the tea party-related "Americans for Prosperity," which just launched a $342,200 ad campaign in support of Walker.

Since they also fund the tabaggers Americans for Prosparity, thow in about 300 Thousand more.

Americans for Prosperity...whos prosperity, Rich folks.