Welcome to PatsFans.com

FOX news - Never uses Nazi comparisons

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Re: FOX news - Never uses Nazi comaparasons

[​IMG]
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 1 / -9

Poor Jon Stewart, he's lost without Bush, when Bush was around Stewart was in the news everyday, Stewart's whole career depended on "Bashing Bush".

Speaking of Bush, the Left Wing made good use of the "Nazi Thing" when Bush was running the show they didn't let a day go by without calling something that was related to the Bush administration "Nazi"

Calling Bush A Nazi - Yahoo! Search Results
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Harry,

Prescott Bush's bank BANKROLLED the Nazis.

In the best twist if irony, here is the FOX news story on it:

FOXNews.com - Documents: Bush's Grandfather Directed Bank Tied to Man Who Funded Hitler - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Prescott Bush (search) was one of seven directors of Union Banking Corp. (search), a New York investment bank owned by a bank controlled by the Thyssen family, according to recently declassified National Archives documents reviewed by The Associated Press.

Fritz Thyssen (search) was an early financial supporter of Hitler, whose Nazi party Thyssen believed was preferable to communism. The documents do not show any evidence Bush directly aided that effort. His position with Union Banking never was a political issue for Bush, who was elected to the Senate from Connecticut in 1952.
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +360 / 1 / -9

Katie Couric researched her family and found that she had relatives that owned Slaves all of Katies liberal friends came rushing to her defense saying Katie should in no way feel guilty about that, Katie had no control over what her relatives did.

Bush's Grandfather was mixed up with the Nazi's, not Bush.

The word "Nazi" is used on both sides, bipartisanship of the finest kind.

I wonder how many more Liberals there are out there who have had Slave Owners in their families.

:confused:
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You are the one who brought up Bush, not me. I was simply pointing out why some people say that the Bush family had Nazi connections. Even those at FOX news who claim such glorious angelic tones that would never mention such things as comparisons to Nazis.

which is really what this thread is about.

ANCHORS at Fox who claim to watch their programming all day seem to be numb to the Nazi comparasons to the democrats and Obama on an almost hourly basis. Their viewers are even more desensitized.
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +156 / 2 / -2

As usual, harry, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Stewart certainly bashed Bush. Just like he bashes Obama, other politicians (both repub and dem) and both left and right media.

And w/regard to Cohen and Nazi references, at some point during the last week he was criticizing Cohen -- the Dem cited here -- for being a hypocrite when it comes to that kind of hyperbole.

Do you ever post about anything that you actually know something about?
  8. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +360 / 1 / -9

I have often told many of the younger people I know not to waste their money on College all they have to do to get a first class education is come over and sit in my yard all day and listen to me talk.
  10. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do not feed trolls.

His responses are nonsensical, ineffectual and irrelevant. Why do you think half his thread starters go unanswered?
  11. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

There is no way in hell that you could compare how Stewart treated Bush to Obama. Not even close.
    He definitely goes after conservatives and does a token slap on a lefty just so people like you can make a statement like this.
  12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +156 / 2 / -2

I can't speak to the first 5 years or so of Bush, b/c I didn't watch the show then.

But the last couple years of Bush are definitely comparable to Obama, imo. Are they equal? no. But comparable.

Same goes for right versus left. Stewart's politics clearly are on the left, but his criticisms of the left go well beyond a token slap -- and that goes for politicians as well as the media.
  13. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

I actually like Jon Stewart, but I'd put his ratio of conservative/liberal attack somewhere in the 75/25 range, and I think that's a bit generous.
  14. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm fairly certain that it was quite lopsided in favor of the left but It would bear a lot of research that I am not willing to do.
    So I guess we can agree to disagree.
    Afterall, we appear to be running on opinion.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

He pulls no punches when he sees BS. Lets not forget his teardown of CNNs 'crossfire'. Also he had an 8 year body of work while Bush was president (with loads of material), while Obama has only 2. To Stewart's credit, he has been a pretty harsh critic of the BS coming from Obama.

Jon Stewart slams Obama on civil liberties, executive power | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government

Jon Stewart Slams Obama Over Feckless Response To Oil Spill

Jon Stewart slams Obama over his recent visit to a sixth-grade classroom - Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Jon Stewart slams media for missing ACORN story: 'Where the hell were you!?' | Charlie Spiering | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

and lastly, The Daily Show never claims to be "Fair and Balanced"
  16. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +156 / 2 / -2

I think it's far closer than that -- if I remember, I'll keep a running tally for a week. Not like it will take much effort, and I do watch most of his shows.
  17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +156 / 2 / -2

I'll also repeat -- since, while it's just one incident, it's the same issue cited in this thread -- that Stewart was criticizing Cohen (DEM) for his hypocrisy

----------------

363839 -- Absolutely it's opinion. As I mentioned to Nikolai, I'll try keeping a running tally. (If I remember) It will be unscientific, and a small sample, but I'd be interested in seeing if my take on his bias is biased...)
  18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +156 / 2 / -2

Just watched tonight's daily show. Didn't think there were any real criticisms or attacks on either side tonight. Poked fun at Emanuel a bit, and Chicago politics, all of which is the left, also corruption of other IL pols Ryan (R), Rostenkowski (D) and Blagojevich (D), but nothing too intense. Made fun of a local newscast in Indy. So 0-0 so far...
  19. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

All I can say is that if you do that for free, you're vastly overcharging.
  20. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

I'll be interested to see what you find.

I did something similar a couple years ago, but given what Sanford and Palin were up to at the time, I'm not sure my results were representative of the wider trends.