Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fox News Lies, Claims Rosie Was Fired

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Fox News Lies, Claims Rosie Was Fired
    Trump also jumps on the bandwagon

Neo-Con talking heads, Donald Trump and even some 9/11 truth activist groups are erroneously claiming that Rosie O'Donnell was fired by ABC in an attempt to strip her of her status as a crusader for free speech. The truth is that Rosie was sick and tired of ABC's deliberate attempts to censor her and had already decided to leave The View several weeks ago.

As we reported yesterday, prominent 9/11 truth sources close to O'Donnell revealed to Alex Jones weeks ago that Rosie had refused to have her first amendment rights restricted and was likely to quit on her own terms after she was asked to stay on the show by ABC with the proviso that she tone down her stance on the issue of 9/11.
    In addition, The View wanted O'Donnell to sign a three year contract when Rosie just wanted a shorter commitment of 12 months. Many have heralded this as a huge mistake on the part of ABC.

Despite this the establishment media, once again caring little for facts or bothering to find out the truth, has surmised that Rosie was fired for talking about the 9/11 cover up.

Fox News' John Gibson has concocted his own conspiracy theory about why O'Donnell will no longer appear on The View:
    Was it the grabbing the crotch and shouting "Eat me"? Probably not. As grotesque as that command was, as awful as that image may be, it was probably just a gag-inducing moment that only confirmed what the ABC suits and Barbara Walters had already decided. They had to have decided she must go because of one reason: her insistence on pushing 9/11 conspiracy nutter theories on national network television, a deeply embarrassing thing for any self-respecting network, especially one that is vying for the top spot in the evening news wars.

Do you think it helps Charlie Gibson, a respected veteran of straight news, to be on a network which has allowed an employee to bellow to the sky that the attacks of 9/11 were a put-up job in which our own government attacked its own people? And what is one left to conclude other than that when you hear Rosie demanding the audience go Google "World Trade 7" and see how they weren't telling you the truth.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let us help you reach a huge audience of potential customers. Help support the website and take advantage of low advertising rates. Click here for more info.

Find out the true story behind government sponsored terror, 7/7, Gladio and 9/11, get Terror Storm!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ​
    Once again we get the half baked and ill informed "this is what 9/11 conspiracy theorists think" trash and then Gibson goes on to say how anyone who suggests building 7 was "pulled" is saying "George Bush did it" - thus both WTC owner Larry Silverstein and most recently John Kerry must be saying that then?

In addition Bill O'Reilly has written a slime covered piece in which he announces himself as an oracle for predicting O'Donnell would be pushed out at ABC:

As predicted here last January, Ms. O'Donnell is leaving "The View." She made the announcement today, making me an oracle. Truthfully, that wasn't a very hard prediction to make. In corporate America, there are boundaries. People who make money for corporations can stretch the boundaries. But sooner or later, the corporations, in this case Disney, has to decide what's best for the shareholders.
    O'Reilly also claims that the American public dislikes O'Donnell on The View and that is why Disney essentially severed relations with Rosie. In truth it is O'Reilly himself that the American public dislikes. As O'Donnell's ratings have sky rocketed, his own have plummeted. ABC's The View averages over twice as many viewers as O'Reilly's show, reaching a total of around 30 million viewers throughout the course of the entire show.

O'Reilly's viewership has been in freefall since his October 2004 sex scandal, dropping from a height of around 3.1 million to just over 2 million in October 2006 and leveling of at that rate to the present day. O'Reilly has lost over a third of his audience in two years, yet has the gall to continually announce that he has his finger on the pulse of America and "knows the American people".

In a further series of lies, un-truths and total ignorance, Donald Trump has weighed in on the issue.

O'Reilly "interviewed" Trump on his radio show whereupon he had this to say:

O'REILLY: Do you have any inside information about Disney?

TRUMP: I don't want to say what I have, Bill. I can just tell you that this was a deal that was not going to happen. And she —most likely — I mean the straw that broke the camel's back was what she did at the Waldorf- Astoria.

O'REILLY: Yes, that's what I believe, too. But let me just get this straight. You don't have to burn any sources, but you are convinced that Disney threw her over the side.

TRUMP: I am convinced that Disney threw her over the side, absolutely.
    People magazine checked in with Trump to get his expert opinion about O’Donnell leaving the show. When asked Trump told them, “Well, she didn't leave The View, ABC fired her. They couldn't take it anymore. Her ratings, frankly, were good during the month of January when she and I were going at it, but they've been falling very steadily ever since. Her other show – her talk show – was canceled because of low ratings.”

Not one iota of this statement is true. O'Donnell has ensured that The View's ratings have risen by 17% in the time she has been on the show, introducing 600, 000 new viewers, the primary reason as to why she was offered a new contract.

Given the success of her outspoken approach on The View, there is no doubt that O'Donnell will now be offered her own syndicated show, and it will be on her own terms. Therefore we expect her pledge of allegiance to exposing 9/11 truth to only intensify in the coming months...

http://infowars.net/articles/april2007/260407Rosie.htm

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nice try. When you offer a performer $3 million when you *know* the performer is looking for $10 million, you are in effect firing the performer. It certainly would not break ABC's bank account to hire Rosie for $10 million; ABC could easily have done that. But, no, they told Rosie $3 million, not a penny more. In effect, she got canned. It is what it is. Fox just talks straighter than the other newsies.

Good for Fox.

Gee, the writer of your piece sounds like he/she just got off unemployment after Pravda had to turn in their communist party play book.

//

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Bottom line is most folks do not give a rats ass about Rosie, but it is another diversion that has distracted us from the great political issues of today. Trump is another one who gets way too much attention, another media whore who basks in the sunlight.

4. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Rosie makes herself a diversion. She asks for it. She is getting what she asked for, attention, but not the way she probably envisioned it.

//

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Somehow when I hear people ask for something because of their beliefs, is strikes a very negative cord.. do we have the right to judge people?? Why does everyone believe they can be judge and jury?? Somehow this does not seem to be a very christian attitude, now does it??

I personally do not care for Rosie, but I believe in her right to be heard.. bad news for you though, she will reappear on another show real soon. There is a segment that loves her.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

This is Rosie--------------> :bricks:

Don't worry, the Bellowing Sow will be back, the whole world knows she was fired even those Batty liberals at ABC couldn't put up with her "daily filthy sh!t" the little story you heard about her contract is all a bunch of "save face" crap.
    The "pig women" belongs in a zoo, she is typical "Show Biz Sh!t".

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Don't know who is striking a "negative chord because of beliefs", but Rosie is plays the "in your face" game to the hilt. She's been on all the time about "her kids", her "family", her "WIFE(!!!)", and on and on and on. That's all she ever talked about for the past ten years. That's been her choice, and I think the American public has bent over WAY backward to give her the space to express herself, in just about any way she has desired.

Now it appears that Rosie has become bored with just talking about her "family" life, and she is on to more scatological commentaries, asking us if we've seen her arse. Well, I haven't and I really honestly would prefer NOT to see it, thank you very much, as I think most others would demure.

Anyway, she felt she had to say it, so she did, and now she's gotten herself canned. Just like Imus. Oops!!! There's that "non-existent", "Foggy made it all up" karma thing happening again!!

So, whatever. You can believe she has the right to offend, but no matter what you or I or anyone thinks, it looks like *some* people are tired of her act, enough to give her walking papers. And, yeah, like Ellen Degeneres, Rosie no doubt will return to the airwaves. But the days of tolerating this kind of self-serving schtick are drawing down to a close, by my humble observation.

//

8. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

In all accounts, I cannot stand Rosie. But at least she has the "balls" to speak out what is really happening.

I find her disgusting other than that...

9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Fox News Lies, Claims Rosie Was Fired???

Are you unaware that you are unaware or are you just lying with that headline?? That is an opinion piece from John Gibson. That is not a news report. You're doing the same damn thing the MSM always does.

You're a good one to point at conspiracy theories.:blahblah:

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

I really don't see how this contitutes some lie. She might not have been "fired" in a fashion The Donald would use, but I think it's pretty clear that one side, if not both, wanted to go their separate ways. Personally, I think it's hard to fire someone that is not under contract, but might think that an employer not wanting you back = being fired. I don't think that means anything other than the employer not wanting you back. :D

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is just another moronic liberal statement... :rolleyes:

Newsflash: Americans have the right to free speech. We do not have the right "to be heard".

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

If someone listens you have the right to be heard. Conversely if no one listens you can still speak. Moronic or not, if you don't want to listen don't pure and simple.

13. mr3putt

mr3putt 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I actually agree with Qui's statement in this particular context.

Like the Imus fiasco Rosie has the right to her own opinions.
    She does not have the right to be given a bully pullpit on the airways to express it. If the network or their advertisers feel the message to be too controversial then they have the right to pull it.

On another note....Donald Trump has the worst hair I have ever seen.

14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will say it again since you apparently didn't get it the first time:

Americans have the right to free speech. We do not have the right "to be heard".

15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's obvious ABC didn't want to keep her. 99% of the world would call that "being fired" but the radical left - obsessed with all things Fox News - are desparately trying to make it sound like this was a dishonest report.

Of course these same people consider Dan Rather a source of integity and honor. :rolleyes:

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

I agree.

We agree again, only, I'd take his hair if it came with his wife. :D

[​IMG]

17. mr3putt

mr3putt 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

SHWING!!!!