Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fox News is lying about crowd size.... again..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 19, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 11 / -27

Guess the Hannity apology rings hollow as Fox is back to its old shenanigans again.... guess they showed the wrong crowd for Sarah yesterday, it is difficult to get this thing right... someone's head is going to explode...

Think Progress Fox News displays old campaign footage to claim Palin is getting ‘huge crowds’ at her book signings. (Updated)

YouTube - Fox News' misleading Palin crowd shot
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +644 / 6 / -18

Yep, "Fair and Balanced" indeed. I can't fathom why the Obama administration wouldn't want to treat them like a normal and legitimate news organization.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +235 / 8 / -13

Lots of sites have vid and pics from her book signings, LOTS of people attended and were there many hours before she was due to sign her best selling book.
  4. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +644 / 6 / -18

What does that have to do with anything? No one ever disputed that there are a lot of, erm, "challenged" people out there.
  5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +235 / 8 / -13

Fox said she is drawing huge crowds that is an accurate statement.

I love your smug condesending attitude towards 'ordinary people' who you consider beneath you. I thought libs were the champions of the ordianary people...? :cool:
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I know I'll probably be torched for this but based on what I saw I think it was a mistake. This morning MSNBC was of course jumping all over it and showed the clip. Greg Jarrett was reporting and was talking about the crowds at the book signings and said the video was just coming in. Obviously it wasn't from the book signings because of the campaign signs but here's why I think he just made a mistake. The video wasn’t some panoramic shot showing a large crowd. It was pretty much a close up of the stage Palin was on. You couldn't ever see more than a dozen or so people around her. Why would they show that when they could have shown many more that were indeed at the book signings?
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

You can't keep beating people just because they're republican Jack. NOw I honestly don't see anything in Palin worth getting excited about, but millions of Americans apparently do. Are we going to judge them for their opinions?

We're all Americans with a HUGE array of opinions. No group "has it right" brother. Every opinion is valid...well, most every opinion.
  8. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +644 / 6 / -18

Are you just failing to grasp the point of this thread, or what?

I never claimed to be a "champion of ordinary people." And yes, I have a smug, condescending attitude toward Sarah Palin supporters. I think, quite frankly, that anyone attracted to her noxious brand of idiocy must themselves be an idiot.
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

But yet, you ARE ordinary Jack.
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

If the statement is that accurate why would they need to "pad the pics?" Why not just take an actual shot of the "huge" book signing crowd?
  11. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The math is very weak in this thread (something about educational standards). 1) The word huge is by definition vague and relative, 2) LOL @ calling a vague word accurate, and 3) truly huge numbers far, far exceed any count of humans.

How about, you know, a specific number for the non-mathematically challenged?
  12. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +644 / 6 / -18

I suppose it depends what criteria you use to judge what makes one ordinary.
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +235 / 8 / -13

I think trying to count peopel in a crowd at a mall would be pretty inaccurate in any case. better do we have any examples of an out of office pol creating this sort of excitement and turnout among the grassroots?
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

Basically, it gets down the old saying "We're all just another bozo one the bus". Although that may sound insulting, it just means we're all pretty ordinary Jack.

Sure, we'd all like to think we're "above average folk"...but when you get right down to it, what could make any of us so special to "put us above the fray"?
  15. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What kind of excitement? You'd need a half-way reliable number with which to guauge the crowd before even beginning to intelligently (I know) answer the question.

But I'm sure Democrats are excited about the prospects of a Palin run at the presidency.

Finally, considering that she's in the middle of a hyper publicized book tour, her being out of office really has nothing to do with the fact that, unless her book is a total flop (intellectually, of course, it is) there should be at least some crowds.

But nobody's buying the excitement hyperbole. Other than the easily influenced.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +235 / 8 / -13

3 million books sold and crowds in line for 12hrs before a book signing in freezing weather.

links to photos of the event fromthe Grand Rapids press, numbers in the thousands look reasonable when you view all the photos taken of a period of 8 plus hrs., first Photos in the morn she didn't show up till late afternoon and ran well into the evening:

Sarah Palin | Photos from The Grand Rapids Press - mlive.com - MLive.com

Hate away.
  17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Pad the pics?? If you watch the clip you can never see more than a handful or two of people. You're right; they should have showed the actual crowds because they show more people. Maybe they intended to fool people but showed the wrong campaign shots, I don't know but you can't see a huge crowd in those clips Jarrett aired. I really think Fox made a mistake or was just lazy and grabbed whatever footage was convenient. Either way it was very unprofessional.
  18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The initial run is 1.5 million copies. More bad math. Nice try.
  19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

ONE time and its a mistake

TWO times and its a trend

THREE times and its a pattern

FOUR times and its a program

are you FOX fools aware you are WAY past stage 4?

no?

okay.
  20. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Not a "fan" of Fox but why would they air footage showing less people on camera than were at the actual book signings? I mean I get your point here but in this case Fox shot themselves in the foot if they thought they were exagerating crowd sizes with the footage in those clips.