Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fox News in bunker mode

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Tunescribe, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

The continued post-election wailing and gnashing of teeth on Fox is remarkable. It leaves me wondering if the network itself is concerned about becoming increasingly marginalized along with the Republican Party. Fox might be in the same boat of having to reinvent itself.
  2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What mode are they supposed to be in. It's them versus just about every other media outlet. They can't all just be lemmings.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  3. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

My point is they're rattled and it's showing. Which you would not normally expect from a news network.
  4. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The people over at faux and other right wingers are stating to believe their own BS. They were genuinely shocked that obama won. Heres ed gillespies take which typical of faux news and most other rep. party operatives and pundits.

Ed Gillespie's Absurd Bluster - Steve Clemons - The Atlantic

he fact is, we can't afford four more years like the last four years. And Governor Romney has been out there putting forward a positive vision and a plan to turn the economy around, to create 12 million jobs, unleash domestic energy, get us to a balanced budget. That's why he's got momentum here on election day. And I think that's why he's going to win tonight, not just win, but win decisively. I don't think there's going to be any doubt at the end of tonight who the next president is going to be.

Please. I like Gillespie and appreciate his loyalty to Romney. That said, I think that people in positions of leadership like him need to restore some honesty and occasional objectivity to political commentary.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

They can't they will hire Mourdock, Akin, Walsh and a few of the other Tea Partiers and measure their success by how many facebook followers they have..
  6. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

They have to be rattled, they are a dissenting point of view.
  7. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I'm talking about programming content apart from the op-ed/commentary variety. They purport to be a NEWS network that, at least superficially, should keep that in check enough to maintain a facade of objectivity on non-political stories. I suppose you can make the same argument against MSNBC, although they arguably do a better job of keeping partisanship out of straight news reporting.
  8. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

That's because they have never been a news network, they're an irrational propoganda disseminator.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Their motto is: "If you tell the same lie over and over again, it will magically become truth"..
  10. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't see how this election has changed the way they report the news. You look at it like they are trying to be non-partisan, when I guess my point is that they are the only non-state run media. Every other outlet is in lock step, so what you might view as being a more partisan approach by Fox, might actually be their attempt at representing the truth. It's all become entertainment on some level, news is dead. Real dead!
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The Daily Show writers foround the perfect election night moment dto descibe the entire newtwork.

'The Daily Show' Takes Aim At Pundits Who Predicted a Romney Landslide - Speakeasy - WSJ

The anchor woman, whatever her name is, asked the old white guy if he was certain about his polling numbers or:

“Math You Do as a Republican to Make Yourself Feel Better.”

he suggested that as their new slogan, replacing "fair and balanced"

FOX NEWS: Math You Do as a Republican to Make Yourself Feel Better

game, set, match.
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

It is very difficult for the right wing ministry of propaganda have to deal with the people they dismiss, marginalize and exclude having kicked their big azzes...
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The cruel reality for FOX as well as the GOP is that their base is becoming increasingly deceased. While their viewers are loyal, and because of such, underinformed, they tend to live in a bubble. The big story here, aside from the complete lack of FOX to look at the actual #s, was the turnout of both YOUNG and BROWN voters. Those voters will be around for a while, and that should scare the ever loving poop out of the old, angry, confused FOX leadership and its viewers.

Its comparable to the NFL team, who signs aging vets to one year deals with a "WIN NOW" mentallity. This strategy does work sometimes (2001 Patriots) but without solid leadership and vision, its difficult to sustain. I highly doubt we will see the Network in rebuilding mode for a few reasons, the fist of which is PRIDE, the second part is IGNORANCE and the last part is DENIAL for now at least.

Reality is a tough thing to admit. Reality bites. But this time, Reality is biting FOX news in the @$$.

My advice is "Stay the course" YOu guys are doing just fine. Don't listen to guys like me, you are all good!
  14. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

State-run media? That's nonsense. Case in point today: Fox on-location coverage of the storm morphed into fed/FEMA/Obama bashing via who they chose to interview. It started out as an objective report that became ridiculously slanted into something completely off-topic. The news itself was simply a launching pad for agenda.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Coiuld not agree more, bring on the hate..
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I think it makes perfect sense ... their business model. Why be one of the pack when you can be the lone voice. They consistently get the highest ratings due to no competition for the brand.

anyone who goes there for straight news is missing it. I go to all of them and I like it better that way. Fox I will go during the day if I am working on the desk ... cannot stand Hannity and O'Reilly. I like Cavuto and shep though. I don't see them in meltdown mode ... they are just creating their own drama to attract viewership.
  17. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I certainly agree with you on that. I feel it is a byproduct of having the one dissenting point of view. It's problematic having that lone viewpoint. In a sense it is understandable. That's the problem, there is no more truth only opinions and veiled politics. Even those more mainstream venues that report news, have other context or opinion that surrounds it. Maybe not in each individual story, but as a whole.