Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fox News Connection to Ground Zero Mosque...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 24, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Here it is folks, proof positive by that highly reliable source of rightie news.. WND.. they are on a roll right now, last week beefing with Ms. Adams Apple and this week with Rupert... Joe Farah has been eatin his Wheaties..

They do an excellent job of connecting the dots and showing the great Rupert conspiracy:D:D:D

The Fox News connection to Ground Zero mosque

2. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

3. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I really don't understand why this matters.
  4. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It doesn't. It was just such a great opportunity; when someone calls a site "half-baked" then turns around and posts the same news a day later, I just couldn't help myself:D It's fun pointing some things out. ;)
  5. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was more referring to the topic... its like it infers that Fox News is the vast right wing conspiracy, then whole conspiracy hates the mosque and therefore its ironic that a shareholder contributed to it. If we are reading deep into things, I'd say Fox might be MORE fair and balanced as its key shareholders are diverse...
  6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Yeah i know just because a major stock holder of Fox news gives money to fund the Mosgue that it (Fox news) "Talal blamed U.S. policy in the Middle East for the 9/11 attacks" The Prince has also funded books on Islamic missionary work. So i know what you mean how could there be any connection.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

So intheir reporting have they been biased towards the Ground Zero Mosque? Or have they been even handed? Or have they been baised against the wishes of their investor?
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +194 / 2 / -2

Jon Stewart has had a couple spots on this as well.

As for the "so what?" that's actually part of the point he has made -- that a lot of the talking heads draw conclusions based on connections that don't necessarily mean a thing, and they do so repeatedly and visibly... yet the same connections exist with fox itself.
  9. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, the investor isn't directly involved with Fox, he's partnered with Newsmax who owns Fox among other things. Raw Story:

Fox News shareholder funded ‘Ground Zero mosque’ imam: report | Raw Story

The partner is a Saudi whose favorite charity is as above, a project sponsored by Rauf.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Why conservatives with all of their ranting against terrorism etc. aren't currently screaming for an invasion of Saudi Arabia is beyond me. (Oh wait...its $$$ and oil...I get it) They flew planes into our buildings killing thousands, own our presidents, pollute our land and gouge our citizens. Infact, the Bin-Laden strife with the US comes form the fact that The Saudis employed US troops instead of the Mujahadeen to defend Kuwait....for real.

They could probably start funding abortions, and neo-cons would be cool with it.
  11. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Our presidents bow and kiss the Saudis' hand (both parties, it's not a partisan issue really? nad obviously the Saudis are funding the Muslims so in reality it's not one vs the other) but I agree with you otherwise. People just refuse to see anything but what the media tells them to look at.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

LND,

you know I'm usually partisan on presidential stuff...and most things, but I meant no party when I was talking about them owning our Presidents, Obama, Bush, Bush, and Clinton included.

Its absolute crap.

follow the money, and you'll find the evil.
  13. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Got it and now I agree with you 100%:p The media's owned too. Imagine how much power lies in the hands of people most of us have never even heard of.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Irony is often lost of those who exhibit pavlovian responses... it is interesting when the right turns on themselves and eats their young.
  15. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah but when the left does it, it's because you're full of "diverse" opinions and it only "strengthens" the conversation...