PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FOX News: Chiefs offer head coaching job to Todd Haley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
FOX Sports on MSN - Jay Glazer - Sources: Cards assistant tabbed to coach Chiefs

Sources: Cards assistant tabbed to coach Chiefs
by Jay Glazer

The Kansas City Chiefs' long road to finding a head coach has just about come to a close.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Chiefs offered the position to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley and he has accepted. They are now trying to work out terms of a contract agreement.

Haley interviewed for the position earlier this week and a Cardinals player at the Pro Bowl told FOXSports.com Haley was scheduled to arrive in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl Thursday as a guest of Cardinals wideout Larry Fitzgerald, but canceled at the last moment because of the Kansas City job.

Feelings on Pioli's new man?

Anyone's better than Herman.

Three new coaches in the AFC west with no prior HC experience (unless you want to count Cable's stint as interim coach).

New gm, new coach, new qb?

Makes a lot of sense -- Pioli and Haley were at the Jets together. This also explains why the Chiefs waited so long, they already had their man but couldn't claim him until the SB was over.

Cardinals take Todd Haley's play from pie in the sky to reality

From this article Haley sounds like a mini-Belichick, looking at film until he can find a weakness in the opponent that he can exploit - like he did against Carolina.

"I love long flights," he said in a phone interview later. "Just to sit there for four or five hours and watch tape with no distractions. It's great."

On this flight, of course, he was studying footage of the Panthers against NFC South opponents. He was looking for tendencies by Carolina's defense, any pre-snap cues that might tip off what the Panthers liked to do, any weaknesses in their coverage schemes.

"I kept seeing a familiar formation show up," he said. "The left corner did the same thing over and over. I could see how they were trying to play the defense."

I like that he stood up to Parcells multiple times before. Pioli has to keep him out of the draft room though, Haley's two picks that he demanded get picked with Parcells both turned out crappy

Ehh, I don't know much about Haley but he just seems like one of those "Flavor of the Month" type coaches. He's never been tested by having something bad happen within his offense like Fitzgerald or Warner going out for the year like McDaniels has so it's safe to assume that he might be unprepared for this new job. But then again, I don't remember being overly thrilled the day Belichick came aboard. Boy was I wrong...

OT: Pioli reportedly hires Todd Haley to coach his team [merged]

The Chiefs offered the position to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley and he has accepted, FOXSports.com has learned. They are now trying to work out terms of a contract agreement.

Haley interviewed for the position earlier this week and a Cardinals player at the Pro Bowl told FOXSports.com Haley was scheduled to arrive in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl Thursday as a guest of Cardinals wideout Larry Fitzgerald, but canceled at the last moment because of the Kansas City job.

"He's going to be a big loss for us," another Cards player told FOXSports.com.

FOX Sports on MSN - Jay Glazer - Sources: Cards assistant tabbed to coach Chiefs

Last edited:
Re: OT: Pioli reportedly hires Todd Haley to coach his team

good hire IMO

Interesting hire I though however the chiefs were worse on the defensive side of the ball last year couldn't close out close games. They way he runs his offense I can't see Thigpen running it so it should be interesting.

Three new coaches in the AFC west with no prior HC experience (unless you want to count Cable's stint as interim coach).

there is only one way you get head coaching experience...be a head coach. You gotta start somewhere. I think it was a good hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes