Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fox Cites Miguel's Salary Cap Page in AFCE Analysis

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsWickedPissah, Apr 15, 2006.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +802 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5502470

Fox Sports credits Miguel!

The only problem with that theory? Seymour's renegotiated contract, strangely enough, does not appear to be particularly front-loaded in order to try and take advantage of some of this cap room. His cap numbers appear to be, according to Miguel's page, $4,420,160 in 2006, $8,261,720 in 2007, $8,391,720 in 2008, and $11,346,720 in 2009.

They shoulda put in a hyperlink. And now we've learned that the contract may actually be frontloaded at the Pats option. Good move if so.
    Now, onto extending my man, The Twig!
  2. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Congrats Miguel. More kudos for you. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  3. edzo44

edzo44 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

#50 Jersey

Looks to me like the Pats are challenging Big Sey to fully earn it!! I anticipate that he is going to have monster years ahead to prove his worthiness.
    ;)

Nice to see that somebody else appreciates Miguel as much as us!
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  4. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I wonder where this Bill Barnwell is from. I know Aaron Schatz, who does most of the stuff at FootballOutsiders is from Framingham and is a Patriots fan, so would (should) know about Miguel's page.
  5. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

You know what they say about those rare ones who ascend to the level of being universally identifiable by just one name... :D

They were fauning all over Miguel in their usually bumbling fashion on Felger's show the other day too. Winter referred to Miguel's salary cap page as the place "we" get our info...Felger cleared his throat very pointedly and Winter said, ok the site where everyone gets their info....then he stopped what he was about to reference because while Miguel had updated his notes to indicate Seymour had in fact been extended he had not yet updated the actual contract information - a clear indication in Winter's estimation that such information wasn't clearly established just yet.

Miguel should reap more from his efforts (as should Bread of Life). I don't understand why he has not yet been named Pats Fan of the Year. No offense to NEM :rolleyes: , but this year would be a good year to single out Miguel for all his hard work and the expanded level of understanding of the significant business end of football in the salary cap era he brings to both the fans and media in Patriots Nation.
  6. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hear hear!
  7. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

We'll know he's truly reached legendary status when the media starts to refer to him as 'The Capologist formerly known as Miguel'.

Miguel, when you decide to change your name to a symbol, can I do the graphics for you?

Damn, what a weird way to give credit in a national article... first name, no link to his page, no explanation of who the hell he is. Weird. But better than the others that take his information with no credit at all.

And I'd second MoLewisrocks's nomination. It would be a completely different kind of FOY choice, but one that makes perfect sense.
  8. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Explain what you mean...I am really slow on the uptake. I see this as simply a way to insure we renegotiate with RS in 2009.

Miguel - what more can I say, I think it's great you are getting your deserved attention - I hope it translates into cash for Bread of Life.
  9. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +138 / 10 / -8

Ditto

Ditto! you earned it!
  10. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +138 / 10 / -8

FOY Miquel!

And I'd second MoLewisrocks's nomination. It would be a completely different kind of FOY choice, but one that makes perfect sense.[/QUOTE]

Here is one my vote for FOY.
  11. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +802 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

I nominated Miguel for FOTY last year (posted it here and nominated on line) and will do so again this season, for the same good reasons.
    (Even though he is a Postons rump swab)
  12. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Congrats Miguel....As always your information is tops and NOW recognition...THAT is really really great!!! Just understand that many, many appreciate it all...and KNOW what great efforts you put into things and understanding of it all. Thank you!!!!!
  13. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Way to go Miguel. You're like the new Miguel Jordan. Universally recognized by one name only. (See Madonna and Pink also :D)
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +558 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

:singing: CONGRATULATIONS MIGUEL :singing:
    [​IMG]
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +327 / 6 / -8

That's saying something, right? It's almost like the Fox guy said, "and if you don't know Miguel's page, you're really not into football in the first place..."

Just so casual, like everybody knows the reference.

Either the editor took out the explanatory first reference for brevity, or Miguel's now a household name.

PFnV
  16. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

17. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I understood the contract had already been awarded to PatsNUTme, hence all the trial balloons of little boys in 'singular' poses...:eek:

I'm glad someone posted this thread, I was wondering who this "Miguel" was, nice to be forewarned about another Madonna if the kids are in the room. :D
  18. Amnorix

Amnorix Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let me echo the other poster's kudos to Miguel. I will also be making a check out within the next week to Miguel's chosen charity. For those of us lucky enough to be in the financial position to do so, this is probably the best way we can reward him for his efforts which benefit our entire community...
  19. bucky

bucky Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Miguel is too busy to acknowledge right now. He's editing his salary cap page.

Way to go, Miguel.
  20. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's really not a Fox writer. It's a writer from FootballOutsiders.com, where Miguel's page is a lot more known and noted.