Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fourth of July

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Jul 2, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Just a public service announcement:

1. Make sure you have enough beer and ice!

2. Keep an eye on the kids near the water.

3. Check your flag. Make sure it's all set and lookin good.

4. Watch out for those fireworks. Make sure you secure them to a board so they don't tip over and land in your neighbor's porch. And watch out for the cops on the MA /NH border.

As some here know, my politics are strict and somewhat archaic, but I think there's great value in the purity and tradition of the intent of the founding fathers. This is the only holiday I celebrate personally. The others I do for the kids and wife. They know this one's for me and they're starting to come around to my love for the Fourth.

This is Thomas Jefferson's day. He's my second favorite American because he fought for the rights of the little man and resisted the others who wanted to establish a new monarchy of one party rule. He should be revered for authoring of the Declaration of Independence alone, although he did so much more for America. The Declaration for me, is right up there with the Golden Rule from Jesus and the Constitution as the three most important utterances by human beings.

I can't wait to be with my family and American brothers and sisters tomorrow. I think we should all thank the Founders on the Fourth - especially Tom Jeff.

As I'll be off the grid for the holiday starting in about four hours, I just wanted to wish you all, in advance (except for you lousy Brits:D ),
    Happy Fourth of July everybody. :eat2: :eat3:

2. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here's a song for us all:)

http://content.clearchannel.com/newsaudio/911/tribute_songs/whitney_houston_anthem.wma