PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Four Pats not traveling to London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 4 Pats Not Travelling to London

No one's been activated yet. It'll be fascinating to see who it.

FWIW, last night Zolak was saying that he's heard Edelman's not that bad and he expects him back soon after the bye - actually, I added soon after, I think Zolak said "after the bye". He may be wrong or the "broken arm" may have been more like a stress fracture not a full break.

I am not surprised that those 4 didn't make the trip. The change in altitudes and the prolonged flight time actually can make the injuries worse... Not to mention the additional pressure that they are under on take offs and landings can make the injuries hurt a lot more..

They may miss out on an overseas vacation, but they get to hit the bye week three days early. I am sure that some of them would rather spend extra time with their families than a weekend overseas.

All four definitely would've seen action in this game. Those are important players. But it's a testament to BB's depth-building that we'll still win easily without them.

Last edited:

All four definitely would've seen action in this game. Those are important players. But it's a testament to BB's depth-building that we'll still win easily without them.

If they were healthy, yes. But they aren't and won't.

Scene: Patriots locker room, after the Titans game.

Enter Edelman, with a cast on his arm. He walks to his locker, looking glum.

Brady: What's wrong, Julian?
Edelman: Coach just told me I won't be able to go to London with you guys because of my arm.
Brady: Yeah, I heard. That's too bad. We'll definitely bring you back some souvenirs, though.

Brady thinks for a minute.

Brady: Well, the rules are the rules, but how about if I take you with me and Gi down to Brazil for Carnival?

Edelman thinks about this for a moment. His face quickly brightens.

Edelman: Really?
Brady: Why not?
Edelman: Thanks, Tom! You're the greatest!

End scene.

Last edited:

Edelman: Coach just told me I won't be able to go to London with you guys because of my arm.
Brady: Yeah, I heard. That's too bad. We'll definitely bring you back some souvenirs, though.

Brady: Well, the rules are the rules, but how about if I take you with me and Gi down to Brazil for Carnival?

End scene.

According to Entourage, if Julian want to get on Gi's good side, he needs to bring chocolates

No one's been activated yet. It'll be fascinating to see who it.

FWIW, last night Zolak was saying that he's heard Edelman's not that bad and he expects him back soon after the bye - actually, I added soon after, I think Zolak said "after the bye". He may be wrong or the "broken arm" may have been more like a stress fracture not a full break.

Broken arms can be season enders or an one week thing (usually for a lineman though). Ellis Hobbs missed one game with a broken wrist. It all depends on where the break it, how severe it is, and whether the player can play with a cast on or not.

If Edelman only has a minor break or fracture and they can give him a cast that would limit the mobility of his wrist and hand to catch a ball, his absense could be short.

Too bad, but what what I have read so far it is pretty much a business trip for the players... unless they stay on.

End scene.

Actually this ends badly as Edelperson offers to accompany Gi while Brady is away in London.

Actually this ends badly as Edelperson offers to accompany Gi while Brady is away in London.

Brady's cool with that. After all, he sent Welker with Gi to Brazil this year. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes