Welcome to PatsFans.com

Four more dead American soldiers

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Feb 7, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How sad that their short lives had to end like this, at their prime?
    How sad!

The other part that I find to be very bothersome is:

"Mr. Sadr, whose Mahdi Army militia fought two uprisings against American and Iraqi forces in 2004, told Mr. Assad that relations between Syria and Iraq were good, SANA reported, but that "our mutual enemies Israel, the United States and Britain are trying to create a rift between the two countries."

Mr. Assad urged Iraqis to "close national ranks in order to save Iraq and liberate the country from occupation," the agency said.

In addition to his militia, Mr. Sadr controls a large bloc of seats in the newly elected Iraqi Parliament. He arrived in Damascus on Sunday night for a three-day visit and was given an official reception at the airport. He visited Tehran two weeks ago and told Iranian political leaders that he would come to Iran's aid if it was attacked."

We have succeeded in uniting all the maniacs.

3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

"We have succeeded in uniting all the maniacs."-Turk

:yeahthat: Just as the experts said we would. You remember the ones who were fired for disagreeing with the presidents criminal neo-con cabal.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

On the bright side, a dead soldier is cheaper than an injured one. Maybe that's why the righties aren't up in arms that we're not doing everything we can to protect our troops.

5. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's the straw that broke the camels back for me. What a asinine comment! THERE IS NO FRIGGING BRIGHT SIDE OF A TROOP DYING! The stupid comments just don't stop.
    Don't stick up for the Soldiers, they don't need this kind of support. Keep your dumb comments to yourself.

6. bmf31c

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

7. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, it's the same thing as:

These are correctly both shots at the GOVERNMENT for not wanting to put a stop to a problem, not shots at the people dying/being infected.

You may think Patters is being insensitive, but do you honestly believe there isn't some government beancounter that's looked at it this way?

8. bmf31c

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The military bashing is constant, tolerated and glossed over in here. The same people that "stick up" for the troops, make the comments.

Some beancounter may think it, but if he said it in earshot of a Joe he would get put through a wall.

The comment isn't insensitive, it's stupid. I was all over mikey when he did it, and I jumped on AAB when he made one. Patters is no different.

I know your next defense, freedom of speech, right. No problem, don't forget that freedom of speech was won by the blood of the brave fighting men of this country, not some idiot running his mouth on a internet forum.

I know the little club will all chime in now, with your political blabber and nonsense in a attempt to attack me. Do it, I'm ready, I will defend my brothers in arms.

9. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No, no, don't you see the difference between saying:
    "An injured soldier as cheaper than a dead soldier." and "The Bush Administration thinks an injured soldier is cheaper than a dead soldier."

Patters isn't saying he has that reprehensible view, he's saying he thinks the Administration does.

10. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I honestly don't understand why you still try? I realized that I would only have the same arguments with the same people over and over again. I could explain something in detail and then 2 weeks later have to explain the same thing over to the same people. You know by now its Bush bad, hell he is responsible for everything that goes wrong in the world. The bullsh!t "I support the troops" line that these people use to cover their hatred towards anything related to war is pathetic. I will give them one thing they learned their lesson about how not to treat the troops during Vietnam. But what do I know I am just a brainwashed Vet!

11. bmf31c

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know, I know....it's the same way certain people jump on what people post because they think they are conservatives, even when they have no idea what you believe on a topic. I don't know how many times this has happened with me. You can't explain to them, that because you consider yourself to lean right that you don't have to apologize, make excuses or endorse republican leaders. They jabber about always doing whats right for the party and not the people blah blah blah. All talking points. All assumptions. All stereotypes.
    I don't care if they support the war or not. If you say you support the troops, you have to support the mission. Yelp your talking points about that all you want. I'm sure mgcolby and quite a few others feel the same way. All politics to the side, it's caring about our brothers in harms way.
    Peoples true colors come out sooner or later. The dumb comments about the troops is intolerable, and those that made them should be ashamed of themselves. Let the backtracking or cold silence begin....that's how it will be defended, mark my words.

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

My sarcasm was a little over the top, but it certainly seems that since Bush enacted his foreign policy, the problems have been getting bigger, not smaller. It's hard to believe our soldiers are dying to make the world a safer place, when the response to western aggression has been the Iranians electing militaristic leaders, South American countries electing anti-American leaders, mullahs exploiting every opportunity to promote Arab nationalism anti-western violence, and North Korea making a major effort to improve its military.

The war in Iraq is making America less safe. Already we've lost 2,200 soldiers, and that's what's forcing many to rationalize why the war is a good thing. No one wants to admit that our soldiers are dying needlessly. The least we could do is to give them every sort of protection possible. Many of them are kids, and they are being asked to commit crimes in the name of a dreadful foreign policy.

13. bmf31c

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can back up half the crap you just spouted? None of the things in the first paragraph would/could have happened if Gore was president?

What does protecting them have to do with it being cheaper for them to be dead?

The many being "asked" to commit crimes part takes the cake. I guess we are a band of criminals now, huh. What are you talking about?

14. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whoo-weeee, look at Patters tap dance his way around this one.

I guess we can officially add Patters to the Troop Hating list which now includes;

NEM
    All Around Brown
    Mikey

Congrats Patters, you're in elite company.

15. bmf31c

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

bmf31c, I'm disgusted by the contradiction among our leaders that, while fighting to protect America, we don't do more to protect our troops. The only reason for that as far as I know is that we are unwilling to spend the money. We've lost 2200 troops so far, and I don't think we're on the road to victory in Iraq. Certainly not yet.

Gore, Kerry, Clinton would not have gone to war in Iraq. I don't think Bush I would have either. You can't wipe out terrorism through war any more than you can wipe out murder through war. Terrorism is a byproduct of perceived slights and aggression. The Iranians elected a militaristic government for the same reasons we re-elected Bush: People were scared. The Iranian leaders used the same kind of tactics that Bush and his henchmen used to get elected: Fear.

And, bmf31c, no, I never said the troops are criminals. The foreign policy is criminal. Troops do what they are supposed to do: trust their leaders. As I've said before, even in this wrong war, at the very least the troops are demonstrating that the American people are courageous, have resolve, and are prepared to fight for what they believe is right. That's an important message.

But, sorry bmf31c, I think the world is becoming more dangerous as a direct result of Bush's foreign policy. We have more enemies than we had before, and our enemies seem more willing to challenge us. To me, that's not a sign of a strong America. It's a sign of an over-reaching America.

17. bmf31c

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tap dancing and back tracking. I'm a little more familiar on the topic than you are, you aren't going to school me on what's going on in Iraq. Believe everything you read in the NY Times and watch on CNN, see where that gets you.

No apology for the dead that you insulted, just like mikey. Very shallow of you.

18. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not only tap-dancing but in typical liberal fashion, justifying his insidious comments.

19. bmf31c

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm going to bed....it's been a hard day of ducking the police. They must have a warrant on me for war crimes.

This thread is going nowhere, flush it.

I'll give you a topic to discuss, Rhode Island. It's neither a road or a island....discuss.

20. Patters

Ratings:
    +290 / 11 / -10

Turd, This is why I was reluctant to respond to your other thread (with the article about Haim Harari), because you don't seem to have anything intelligent to offer, just some stupid general comments that are boring and repetitious. You and Harry Boy are very much alike in that regard.