PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Four Captains...Brady, Faulk, Wilfork, Mayo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only a title. You don't need a C to lead and having a C doesn't make you a good leader.

I like it

Also I like that moss doesn't have it because I think it's best if players in their contract years don't be captains, leaves too much of a void the following yeAr

This also tells me he pats arnt concerned with moss dogging it, otherwise he would still be captain as an appeasement thing

Well, you can't take away what had yet to be earned for the year, but we also don't know all the dynamics from last season which may be affecting this season. As it is, too few data points for educated speculation, what we do know: all four are leaders on and off the field and buy into the NEP philosophy. Works for me. :cool:

Yup, hook line and sinker all in players. Faulk was a FA this season and wanted a couple of year deal as players always do, but he returned here for a one year deal and recently spoke about how players come to realize the grass isn't greener elsewhere given all the tales they hear from their friends - including those who departed because they were positive it would be...

I thought the Patriots process of naming captains was that the players voted on it. I suspect that there was no option for ST captain or the name was not released or, I think, it was not an option (BB sending message that someone must earn that right because, frankly, field position will be KEY this season).

I remember at least a few ppl on here saying Faulk would be a surprise cut. That was one of the dumbest things said all off-season.

Good for Faulk...I still remember his impassioned speech on the sideline during the Ravens playoff game. If everyone had the heart of Kevin Faulk, our team would be unstoppable.

Not only that impassioned speech, but wanting to stay in the game with his arm dangling by his side after what looked like a minor stinger. Faulk is the man and I hope he retires a Patriot.

This captain's list looks about right. Kind of confusing that there isn't a special team's captain, but it is what it is. Hopefully Mayo can step up his leadership role even more on the field. The defense will need it.

No ST captain?
Upon reflection, it may have gone thusly.
Players voting for captains finally come to the ST ballot. The young ST guys having just busted their asses to make the team on STs get psyched. Then an anonymous wiley old vet speaks up and says, "You know the last 2 ST captains, Izzo and just now Aiken, got cut". Suddenly the team decides no more sacrificial lambs to Belichick's Croatian Football Gods and nobody runs for ST captian. No?

No ST captain?
Upon reflection, it may have gone thusly.
Players voting for captains finally come to the ST ballot. The young ST guys having just busted their asses to make the team on STs get psyched. Then an anonymous wiley old vet speaks up and says, "You know the last 2 ST captains, Izzo and just now Aiken, got cut". Suddenly the team decides no more sacrificial lambs to Belichick's Croatian Football Gods and nobody runs for ST captian. No?

LOL.

I get the sense that in a typical season, 1/3 or whatever of the guys are deemed to have some worthiness to be captain, and the voting is for the guys who they unquestionably, absolutely see as captains.

Interesting that no OL guys were picked this year. That is supportive of the theory that the stalwarts' play is on the decline ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back