PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foswhitt Whitaker - Texas Longhorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler.Durden

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Kid has some wheels.
As i understand it he has had trouble staying on the field with injuries.
He doesn't shy away from contact.

What do you all think about him?

He has a cool name. He is rated as a 7th round prospect. So..sure..why not.

"Injury prone" are two of my least favorite words when it comes to prospects

Even if he was healthy, we don't have a roster spot for him. We've got a great quartet of backs in; BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen. Don't need a jitterbug to go with that group. If anything, I'd like a sledgehammer if we don't re-up BJGE.

Even if he was healthy, we don't have a roster spot for him. We've got a great quartet of backs in; BJGE, Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen. Don't need a jitterbug to go with that group. If anything, I'd like a sledgehammer if we don't re-up BJGE.

Someone like Trent Richardson maybe? That guy a a hammer! I doubt he stays on the board long though.

Someone like Trent Richardson maybe? That guy a a hammer! I doubt he stays on the board long though.

OMG. If we got him, our offense would literally be unstoppable. Only way we get him is if some knocks Drew Brees out. And, I don't want that to happen. But, our defense would still suck. Are you doing the Bama/LSU game next month? I can't wait. I wonder if Bama wins. LSU goes 11-1. If someone upsets Oklahoma, will the computer have LSU over the other undefeated teams? Boise, Stanford, Wisconsin??

OMG. If we got him, our offense would literally be unstoppable. Only way we get him is if some knocks Drew Brees out. And, I don't want that to happen. But, our defense would still suck. Are you doing the Bama/LSU game next month? I can't wait. I wonder if Bama wins. LSU goes 11-1. If someone upsets Oklahoma, will the computer have LSU over the other undefeated teams? Boise, Stanford, Wisconsin??

Yes, we are doing the Bama-LSU game. What a monster game that is going to be. We are also doing the Iron bowl again this year as well, although that game has lost a lot of tarnish with Auburn losing yesterday.

The best player in all of college football is #7 for the LSU defense. What a monster! What a playmaker!

PS: Stanford in unbelievable. Luck has only Owusu, Wharton, Fleenor and the other TE,I forgot his name, to throw to and yet Stanford is putting forty points a game on the board. Their O line is awesome, however and the defense is playing way above their heads. Luck is amazing! The thought of facing Luck twice a year, with him in a Miami uniform brings back old fears of #13.

The best player in all of college football is #7 for the LSU defense. What a monster! What a playmaker!

Yeah, and he's just a sophomore. Only 5'9" and 180, but he needs to get up to around 200 pounds and play free safety in the NFL. He's got Ed Reed playmaking ability.

The kid from LSU does have a name. Tyrann Matthieu. Just kiddin fellas. Sounds like a Montreal hockey player. Their other corner Morris Claiborne is good too. Gonna have a 1st rounder 3 straight years at that position; Peterson, Claiborne and Matthieu.

I'm hoping our buddy Pioli catches a break and gets Luck. Would be much better for us than the fish.

Yeah, and he's just a sophomore. Only 5'9" and 180, but he needs to get up to around 200 pounds and play free safety in the NFL. He's got Ed Reed playmaking ability.

No, this guy is terrific against the run and hits really, really hard. He's not just a playmaker in the turnover and coverage game, he makes plays in the backfield as well. He's like Mini Charles Woodson.

Last edited:
No, this guy is terrific against the run and hits really, really hard. He's not just a playmaker in the turnover and coverage game, he makes plays in the backfield as well. He's like Mini Charles Woodson.

I literally can't wait to see LSU play Alabama. #7 better buckle that chin strap tight when Richardson comes around on the sweep.

Could be ugly to watch for LSU fans.

I literally can't wait to see LSU play Alabama. #7 better buckle that chin strap tight when Richardson comes around on the sweep.

Could be ugly to watch for LSU fans.

Yeah, that game's gonna be a mid-season Nat'l Championship Game. All due respect to Oklahoma, Boise, Wisconsin and Stanford but those two look the best to me. Maybe Oklahoma.
Either way, I've been watching "Fozzy" Whitaker since his time at Pearland H.S. in the Houston area.
Dominated back then, of course. At U of Texas, he's had some injuries and lots of quality competition at the RB position. Hasn't really distinguished himself but has had some moments, like that 100 yd. kick return vs. Oklahoma on Saturday..
Personally, I wouldn't get too excited; in terms of production and down-the-road talent he looks like a 5-6 round pick but you never know how he'll test at the combine.
Then again, U-T RB Priest Holmes went undrafted and went on to have a damn good NFL career, so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back